News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

AshaNeOmah

You say this....

Here's a thought... stop acting like Resort Guests are the most important people on the planet.

Obviously NO ONE got huge preference in this opening model as they kept everyone in the dark. Resort Guests are gonna have to have some skin in the game here too with this opening.. not just be carried in on litters.

Then agree with me here.

I'd be more concerned if hotel guests can't talk to their resort CMs and get accurate information about when and where they will be allowed into the park. I don't care if Disney doesn't run the buses for them or not (I do, but that's not the deal breaker).. I think its most important that now that the ride is open, Disney give ACCURATE information when it's ready.

They don't need to say what it will be in 3 weeks, but if it's 9pm tonight, I want to know when and where I can be at the park tomorrow morning.

All indications seem to point that there was no announcement to resort guests for when buses were going to run. If you're driving, you can show up to the parking gate anytime of day or night. Resort guests don't have that opportunity. They didn't give accurate information and were deceptive concerning the park opening.

I just don't see how this is even up for debate. It's cut and dry.

Rich Brownn

Is it not similar to RnR having a preshow? Honest question, because that has a single rider line before the pre show that jumbles queue up so i assumed a single rider line for this was also possible
The problem is, after the pre-show everyone is mixed together again, and then there's another queue... so it might be faster, but it would probably cause more confusion than its worth.

Rich Brownn

With the unannounced 6am today Disney boxed themselves in.. Now, everyone will start showing up expecting it to open earlier than announced OR they stick to 9am and have a huge mob standing outside the gates waiting to get in.

disneygeek90

You say this....

Then agree with me here.

All indications seem to point that there was no announcement to resort guests for when buses were going to run. If you're driving, you can show up to the parking gate anytime of day or night. Resort guests don't have that opportunity. They didn't give accurate information and were deceptive concerning the park opening.

I just don't see how this is even up for debate. It's cut and dry.
By staying at a Disney Resort and not having a car, you are choosing to put yourself at the mercy of WDW transportation. This is the case at any time, whether it's making a dinner reservation or trying to catch the fireworks after park hopping. Obviously those with their own method of transportation can control when they arrive at the gates. I don't really feel it's WDW transportation's job to start bussing everyone around at 4am just because others have chosen to show up hours earlier.

AshaNeOmah

I don't really feel it's WDW transportation's job to start bussing everyone around at 4am just because others have chosen to show up hours earlier.

But it is their responsibility to bus people to and from their parks during operating hours. If DHS opened at 9 AM but buses didn't start until noon, would you guys be ok with that? Tell resort guests just to 'not be lazy' and walk from the Polynesion to DHS?

ImperfectPixie

By staying at a Disney Resort and not having a car, you are choosing to put yourself at the mercy of WDW transportation. This is the case at any time, whether it's making a dinner reservation or trying to catch the fireworks after park hopping. Obviously those with their own method of transportation can control when they arrive at the gates. I don't really feel it's WDW transportation's job to start bussing everyone around at 4am just because others have chosen to show up hours earlier.
The buses are irrelevant. If I'm staying on property and know I can enter the park at 6, I'll get there, buses or not.

ninjaprincesst

I'd be more concerned if hotel guests can't talk to their resort CMs and get accurate information about when and where they will be allowed into the park. I don't care if Disney doesn't run the buses for them or not (I do, but that's not the deal breaker).. I think its most important that now that the ride is open, Disney give ACCURATE information when it's ready.

They don't need to say what it will be in 3 weeks, but if it's 9pm tonight, I want to know when and where I can be at the park tomorrow morning.
What really stinks though is if your are staying at a mod where the bus drops you off near your room, so you would have to make a special trip all the way to the lobby to ask a cast member a question. I just don't understand why they can't just be truthful and up front. What they should do is just go back to the 6am extra, extra magic hours and give resort guests a little bit of an edge over off site people.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Try parking outside the gate of a Disney park and see how long before a security guy comes knocking... You're singling out Resort guests as somehow being excluded... and ignoring that EVERYONE was excluded from the details.

It's an assumption that Disney will always provide you the transportation you need. It is a reasonable one typically.. but one also has to acknowledge this is a special case.. and if you really want to be that group that is 'first in line'... you aren't going to be able to just rely on the same stuff everyone else uses. The 'front of the line' people always have to go above and beyond to be those people.

Disney not announcing the boarding group stuff probably has alot to do with the overreaction that happened at DL's opening of SWGE. Instead of oversharing, they are now keeping things more dynamic to avoid people from piling all up. This has other consequences... but the lack of details has to be intentional...

Received this information from DHS Guest Relations this morning...

Resort guests are being told that the park will open as publicly posted and buses will start 1 hour prior to posted park opening. What they are not telling them is that the park will actually open "whenever safety protocol is enacted" - I.e. when the queue of cars is backed up to the point that it's a hazard on the main road. At that point they start letting people park, and the "standby buses" at each resort will start running - presumably no earlier than 4am. Then at some point later, they'll open the actual park - around 6am is a good estimate.

Resort guests have the following options:
1. Get to the resort bus stop at 4am and wait until buses eventually run.
2. If they have their own vehicle, drive to the park and wait in whatever line there is or park if it's already open.
3. Take a rideshare to the park. This is risky because the gates may or may not yet be open.
4. Take a rideshare to an Epcot area resort and walk to the park.

They don't have any idea how many more days will be like this, if any. But they did imply that they are anticipating similar levels over this weekend at least.

Kman101

Resort guests are being told that the park will open as publicly posted and buses will start 1 hour prior to posted park opening. What they are not telling them is that the park will actually open "whenever safety protocol is enacted" - I.e. when the queue of cars is backed up to the point that it's a hazard on the main road. At that point they start letting people park, and the "standby buses" at each resort will start running - presumably no earlier than 4am. Then at some point later, they'll open the actual park - around 6am is a good estimate.

2. If they have their own vehicle, drive to the park and wait in whatever line there is or park if it's already open.
3. Take a rideshare to the park. This is risky because the gates may or may not yet be open.

They don't have any idea how many more days will be like this, if any. But they did imply that they are anticipating similar levels over this weekend at least.

That’s ridiculous

ToTBellHop

Unacceptable. Basically, “f u, we have your money.”

Last edited:

TP2000

Disney not announcing the boarding group stuff probably has alot to do with the overreaction that happened at DL's opening of SWGE. Instead of oversharing, they are now keeping things more dynamic to avoid people from piling all up. This has other consequences... but the lack of details has to be intentional...

Bingo!

This current system of mystery park operating hours and transportation options plus the virtual queue boarding groups is a reaction to the over-sharing and scare tactics that accidentally created a ghost town at Disneyland this past summer.

Lirael

I admit, if I was paying extra to be at a disney resort only to find out CMs outright gave me wrong information (even if they did because they changed their minds, this is still not okay), my EMH became moot and I might have missed stuff because people from outside the disney resort made enough noise to be allowed in early to the park... I'd kick up a storm.

Disney resorts are more expensive than any equivalent outside of it, but you pay that premium thinking of the disney perks as well as disney information resources available. This situation basically gives a middle finger to your perks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom