News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

SpoiledBlueMilk

Reading the comments here and damn. I'm not a total Disney apologist, but give them a break. This ride is a complex marriage of design and engineering requiring multiple moving parts and the uncertainties of people thrown into the equation. If this was a simple coaster, I'd agree that the downtime is unwarranted, but from the POV video I have seen of the ride, it's easily complex enough to have issues especially on the first full day of operation. If these unexpected down times extend past the first few months, I think we can all complain. If they stop, as I expect them to, after the first surge of guests, we should all calm down.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Reading the comments here and damn. I'm not a total Disney apologist, but give them a break. This ride is a complex marriage of design and engineering requiring multiple moving parts and the uncertainties of people thrown into the equation. If this was a simple coaster, I'd agree that the downtime is unwarranted, but from the POV video I have seen of the ride, it's easily complex enough to have issues especially on the first full day of operation. If these unexpected down times extend past the first few months, I think we can all complain. If they stop, as I expect them to, after the first surge of guests, we should all calm down.
So you're advocating making your paying customers beta testers... You didn't used to work for Texas Instruments, did you?

WDW Pro

This is sort of the worry. When you open a ride that needed a month more of trouble shooting and training, what happens when you take WDI out of the equation and the attention moves to getting Anaheim open? DHS Management is fully aware that downtime is going to be significant and the boarding passes are going to become a way to mask it a bit.

Epcot_Imagineer

I've tried to read through all of the posts here bust is there an estimate for how long boarding passes/parties are going to remain? Foreseeable future or just for the next couple days/weeks?

ThatMouse

Is it only boarding groups allowed to ride or can you wait 5 hours like when Frozen opened?
Has anyone changed their location on their phone to be inside the turnstyle to get a boarding group?

AshaNeOmah

you aren’t making sense.

the parking lot did not open until 4 am. Any one who drove was at a disadvantage and there was a line of cars parked outside the parking gate on the shoulder waiting for it to open.

the first resort buses arrived at 3 am.

Posted park hours today were 9 AM-9 PM. An hour earlier yesterday. If you're staying on site and set your alarm either morning to get to the bus stop 60-90 minutes before park opening, you're getting up around 6:30-7 AM. By that time, the park is open and most of the passes are gone, with late afternoon and evening barely available. You rush to get ready and get to a bus, you're still lucky to get there by 7:30-8 AM. Maybe you get a pass, maybe you don't.

Starting buses at 3 AM doesn't do resort guests any good if they're fast asleep. If you don't make it public the day before, resort guests are at a distinct disadvantage. Day guests who show up 4 hours before opening shouldn't be rewarded as the only ones who get to ride.

Am I making sense now? I'm actually stunned more people aren't posting not able to ride after the complete deception on park hours.

Last edited:

Lirael

Chill, most have barely complained about the ride, and even who did say things that could be better agreed it's still great.

Downtimes have little to do with how awesome a ride is, and more to do with decisions to open it before fully working out all the kinks. It's valid to not be happy about it

The negativity right now is about Disney's operations and times during opening day, the one needing to calm down right now about downtimes is you

Mouse Trap

Is it only boarding groups allowed to ride or can you wait 5 hours like when Frozen opened?
Has anyone changed their location on their phone to be inside the turnstyle to get a boarding group?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it has to do with scanning your magicband at the Hollywood Studios gate rather than geographic location to unlock boarding passes.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom