News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Lirael

Came back after walking around Epcot hoping we board soon. The turnstiles do not require the finger at the moment.

Why the !@$# didnt they do that in the morning?
I assume, precisely to avoid people trying to scam the system with ideas like the one posted in this very thread where one person would go and scan all party bands.

Good of disney

KevinPage

I’m gonna hold a 😢“pity party” 😢for myself tomorrow as that will be the last time I get to ride RISE until 2020.

Who wants to attend? I’m accepting multi experience passes & 🎁 cards 🤩😜🤩

Piebald

And what time would you expect people to start lining up for said standby queue if they knew they were going to open said line?
In the wait before the turnstiles are people actually standing in individual lines... or is it just one big mass?
It's a big mass but then the closer you get (just past the ticket booths) the CMs start to make people kind of form lines. Not the best strategy but not terrible. However people started shifting to the sides and getting way ahead of the people who stood more center.

Soluna16

There was no one at security by time I got there which helped. And we went all the way to the right lanes, which were relatively short and zoomed right in. Looked like a classic line mentality where most people were packed in to the lanes closest to the entrance. Gotta go around people!

The 5:15 arrival with group 80 sounds very much like an outlier experience in any event. Mine might have been an outlier too on the other end of the spectrum.

I think we're both just opposite end outliers so it seems more drastic

bubbles1812

May I ask 2 questions as I plan our strategy? :D
Why is there an advantage for you to get to the turnstiles before the bag carrier? Don't you all have to scan in before you can get your boarding group?
And, I see the large smush of people in the photos before the entrance touch points, is it a crazy free for all trying to get to one of the entrance scanners with no clearly demarcated lines? Thanks

Yes to your question that all of your group must be in before you can join a boarding group (if you are making the group for all of them... I did it for mine)

The advantage to going through security without a bag is it’s faster. No bags to check. Just go through the scanners. So I was up to the turnstiles 2-3 minutes before my mom, who had a very thorough security guard. That was the difference of at least 200-300 people reaching the turnstiles. My mom came up to join me at the front. If she hadn’t, well then I would have been group 6 and she would have been group 30.

Like I’ve said previously, you don’t want to be a jerk and bring up 10 people to you, but we were a group of two.

There is a bunch of people all going up to the turnstiles at once. You just line up behind whichever one. The CMs do try to keep demarcated lines as more come up but there isn’t anything on the floor marking a line. It’s the same as how you would line up for any park... just much earlier and many more people lined up to enter than average.

EDIT: This obviously matters the most if you want an early boarding group. We were in DHS all day Tuesday so our number didn’t matter. We were just nervous and so got there early. Yesterday, we had to be in Epcot by the afternoon so having an early group mattered. Hence, our very early arrival! If your BG number doesn’t matter, by all means, go through as a group :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom