News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Piebald

Planning on being at the park by 545am tomorrow but the forecast for 4am-10am looks like complete poop. Even some tornado warnings. For areas north of here and thunderstorms in Lake Buena Vista 😑😑😑😑

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

If they want to free up lines/crowds for GE, replace one of the character meet and greets with Baby Yoda and Mando. It would instantly become the biggest attraction in the park. You're welcome Disney
They can't. Mandolrian takes place 5 years after RETURN OF THE JEDI and the land in Galaxy's Edge takes place between Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker so Baby Yoda can't be in the land with Mando

mikejs78

Premium Member
They can't. Mandolrian takes place 5 years after RETURN OF THE JEDI and the land in Galaxy's Edge takes place between Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker so Baby Yoda can't be in the land with Mando
So? We don't know how old the Mandorian is. Why couldn't he be around during the time of the ST? Leia, Luke, and Han were...

And Baby Yoda will hardly be any older based on his species.

MickeyCB

Yes and no. You will go through security way before you go through the turnstiles. For example, we went through security at 520 am and then through the turnstiles when they opened the park at 640 am.

I went through a bag line without a bag. It was a deliberate choice not to carry the bag as this allowed me to book it up to the turnstiles. My mom followed me 2-3 minutes later as she was the designated bag carrier. 3 minutes meant 100-200 people (or more) had reached the turnstiles by that time before her.

Obviously you don’t want to be an ******* and bring up 10 people to you but if you have a small group, it might benefit to have at least one person without a bag go through while the rest follow.

We got group 6, so it worked out well. I will agree with @wdwmagic that the most important thing is the early arrival. Never thought I’d see Florida at 4 am so much...
May I ask 2 questions as I plan our strategy? :D
Why is there an advantage for you to get to the turnstiles before the bag carrier? Don't you all have to scan in before you can get your boarding group?
And, I see the large smush of people in the photos before the entrance touch points, is it a crazy free for all trying to get to one of the entrance scanners with no clearly demarcated lines? Thanks

Tom Morrow

Since we know there are more than one of Yoda's species, it stands to reason that there are, in fact, other baby Yodas in the galaxy.

Rob562

May I ask 2 questions as I plan our strategy? :D
Why is there an advantage for you to get to the turnstiles before the bag carrier? Don't you all have to scan in before you can get your boarding group?
And, I see the large smush of people in the photos before the entrance touch points, is it a crazy free for all trying to get to one of the entrance scanners with no clearly demarcated lines? Thanks

Everything is mostly just a blob until you're close to the touchpoints, but both times this week I've found it actually quite calm and orderly despite the blob-ness. No pushing and shoving, no jostling to make sure you get ahead. Just be conscious of who's ending up in front of you. A crowd of strollers or little kids is just asking for hold-ups at the touchpoints...

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom