News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Rowgun

My report from today, Mon 12/9:

Stayed offsite, got to the park via Lyft at 5:45.
Listed opening time was 8am, gates opened at 6:25am when the area between the opening gates and the ticket stalls was entirely full.
Got boarding group 15
Ride did not open until roughly 7am
Got to the ride queue at 7:22.
Boarding groups were closed by 8:25am

Notes:
-They no longer scan your magic band when you exit the ride.
-You can no longer sign up for another boarding group, the app gives the error shown below
-Most counter eateries and most rides were up at 6:25am, millennium falcon, toy story land, and Tower of Terror were open. Rock n rollercoaster was not.
-During the morning wait other park goers would ask when the gates would open. The CM said “The park will be officially opening at 8am. That’s all I can say”
All in all it was a pretty painless experience bedsides waking up so early. The CM’s were incredibly helpful and walking around a nearly empty park at 6 in the morning was pretty magical. Everyone was waving, smiling and saying good morning. I’m totally ok with one ride per person since it allows more people to ride. The ride itself was an incredible experience with some truly jaw dropping moments.
309E6BF0-695C-4B3A-A236-9C5BD4C68103.png

bubbles1812

My report from today, Mon 12/9:

Stayed offsite, got to the park via Lyft at 5:45.
Listed opening time was 8am, gates opened at 6:25am when the area between the opening gates and the ticket stalls was entirely full.
Got boarding group 15
Ride did not open until roughly 7am
Got to the ride queue at 7:22.
Boarding groups were closed by 8:25am

Notes:
-They no longer scan your magic band when you exit the ride.
-You can no longer sign up for another boarding group, the app gives the error shown below
-Most counter eateries and most rides were up at 6:25am, millennium falcon, toy story land, and Tower of Terror were open. Rock n rollercoaster was not.
-During the morning wait other park goers would ask when the gates would open. The CM said “The park will be officially opening at 8am. That’s all I can say”
All in all it was a pretty painless experience bedsides waking up so early. The CM’s were incredibly helpful and walking around a nearly empty park at 6 in the morning was pretty magical. Everyone was waving, smiling and saying good morning. I’m totally ok with one ride per person since it allows more people to ride. The ride itself was an incredible experience with some truly jaw dropping moments.
View attachment 431882

Thank you for this account! My mom and I are at POR this week and were wondering what our ballpark pick up time should be to take us over to DHS. We were planning to go (very) early tomorrow and possibly Friday too.

relic827

Can anyone offer any degree of reassurance for me? I’ll be at DHS January 10. Do you think they’ll still be doing the early opening and boarding group thing by then? I’m really stressing out about it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom