News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

el_super

How is it fair to reward people that didn't believe and follow instructions?

There were no instructions. There was no advice. There was no suggestions being made by Disney. Disney shared that they were not planning to issue boarding passes until 8AM and then changed their mind. The 20,000 people coming to DHS that morning, interpreted that information 20,000 different ways and for some it was advantageous and for some it wasn't.

DisneyJoe

I don’t agree that they should just let people park when they want. This is part of the problem. They’re a private property and can do what they want. If they want they can have a police force stationed at the parking lot entrances and patrolling so nobody attempts to camp. If they posted that the parking lot opens at X, the park opens at X, no exceptions, that would be more fair than the arbitrary openings they are doing now.

because of this - and it has already happened, parking on shoulders, etc - all you are doing is pushing the issue further away from the parking lot, down the road, onto the path to the Boardwalk, etc.

Until people start parking on the shoulders of the road leading up to the park... then they start blocking ramps... then you have aggressive people trying to 'cut the line' but now with 4000lb rams.. And now you have to involve the police, and how many do you need to effectively manage a huge expanse like the road network? It's messy, its dangerous, it makes the problem bigger (not smaller), its more expensive, and less effective for your customers.

Having people hover on the roads is the LAST thing you want. Why do you think airports have 'cell phone' parking lots now? To combat the very type of problems this 'solution' creates.

Wreckem

I seriously doubt that many people are going to be at the gates at 3am Christmas week. Disney isn’t likely to open the Park any earlier that week than this week.

DisneyDreamer08

Shannon from WDW Prep posted the word from cast members is that boarding groups will be used for several weeks, then FP will kick in. My guess was through New Years 🤷‍♀️

My question is, we arrive 1/11 and our DHS day is 1/14. Should I just randomly be checking for FP? How would they release that info?

ThistleMae

I havent checked the thread in 2 days. Do we have any stories of resort guests complaining to disney about missing out due to misinformation? I'm curious about what they're doing about it.

(as a resort guests years ago, a resort CM once gave me the wrong info about disney transportation and I nearly missed an ADR, but that was fixed by complaining and them phoning the restaurant to hold my reservation until I got there. Obviously this is nowhere near the issue here so I'm curious how they're handling it)
From what I've been reading in this and other boards, Disney seems to be adjusting things as the roll out continues, like preventing folks from re-riding by trying to get a BG as soon as they enter the ride. Then someone else reported they couldn't get a BG right off but if you weren't scanned exiting the ride, you could also get another BG right off, and they recommended avoiding getting scanned on the way out. This was due to folks reporting getting on 2 or more times in a row. It looks like the information is getting reported or noticed Anyone else know what else got tweaked?
Shannon from WDW Prep posted the word from cast members is that boarding groups will be used for several weeks, then FP will kick in. My guess was through New Years 🤷‍♀️

My question is, we arrive 1/11 and our DHS day is 1/14. Should I just randomly be checking for FP? How would they release that info?
Good question, don't think anyone knows or will know, or even can rely on the information put out by Disney. I'd just keep checking.

Minthorne

That. Doesn't. Matter.

Everyone deserves a fair chance to get ride, even if they know they might not be able to. If Disney is explicitly telling people the park may open early but that boarding groups won't go online until 8AM, that isn't a fair chance. That is penalizing people who follow Disney's guidance and don't seek out social media for other non-official answers.

Disney already tried to teach us this.

1575925025803.png

Sorry, couldn't resist

Disney Analyst

Having a great day today by the looks of the reports on here. Do we think they'll make it through all the boarding groups and open it up again, for the first time?

RussM45

I arrived at the DHS parking lot at 7:00 am today. The park was already open, there was no line to get into the park, and I got Boarding Group 48 for Rise at about 7:05. I came in with a 9 am FP for Slinky Dog, and got an 8 am Star Tours FP using the kiosks. I then did TSM three times as essentially a walk on, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Slinky, Rock and Roller in the singles line, and got in line for the 10:25 Voyage of the Little Mermaid Show. While I was waiting for the Little Mermaid show to start, my Boarding group was called at 10:15. After Little Mermaid, I went to Rise, which appeared to be operating smoothly. I waited in the interesting line area for less than 20 minutes, and then had a very enjoyable ride that appeared to be generally operating as intended (can't be sure that all the details were working properly, of course). I was off Rise by about 11:20. The weather was beautiful, I used my third FP to see MupptetVision, allowing me to get an FP for a second Tower of Terror ride at 1:05, had a decent lunch, got my second Tower of Terror ride, and left the park by 1:30. While in line at Tower of Terror I got a FP for 6:30 pm for Soarin. I'll have a four hour break, then go to EPCOT for the Processional, Soarin' with FP, and EPCOT Forever, which I find quite enjoyable.

From my point of view, it was a great morning, and I am looking forward to a nice evening at EPCOT as well. I am a fan of the Boarding Group system.

disneygeek90

I arrived at the DHS parking lot at 7:00 am today. The park was already open, there was no line to get into the park, and I got Boarding Group 48 for Rise at about 7:05. I came in with a 9 am FP for Slinky Dog, and got an 8 am Star Tours FP using the kiosks. I then did TSM three times as essentially a walk on, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Slinky, Rock and Roller in the singles line, and got in line for the 10:25 Voyage of the Little Mermaid Show. While I was waiting for the Little Mermaid show to start, my Boarding group was called at 10:15. After Little Mermaid, I went to Rise, which appeared to be operating smoothly. I waited in the interesting line area for less than 20 minutes, and then had a very enjoyable ride that appeared to be generally operating as intended (can't be sure that all the details were working properly, of course). I was off Rise by about 11:20. The weather was beautiful, I used my third FP to see MupptetVision, allowing me to get an FP for a second Tower of Terror ride at 1:05, had a decent lunch, got my second Tower of Terror ride, and left the park by 1:30. While in line at Tower of Terror I got a FP for 6:30 pm for Soarin. I'll have a four hour break, then go to EPCOT for the Processional, Soarin' with FP, and EPCOT Forever, which I find quite enjoyable.

From my point of view, it was a great morning, and I am looking forward to a nice evening at EPCOT as well. I am a fan of the Boarding Group system.
Today has easily been the smoothest in the 5 days of operation. Glad you had a good first experience!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom