News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

KevinPage

FWIW, I was practicing from home and trying the refresh method for the first time. At 8:00:03, I was getting "all boarding groups have already been assigned" popup messages when I tried to swipe down and refresh the "Boarding Status" page (the one you get when you click "My Status") AND when I backtracked and tried to click either "My Status" or "Join Boarding Group" on the prior page, the same message kept popping up. Restarted and was in by 8:00:20 with no errors or pop-ups, but it was already on backup groups...

What a stressful cluster this is going to be in a couple weeks when we're there! Praying it will be worth it.

Weird, hopefully that was a glitch and not a daily occurrence 🙂

Touchdown

I assume it had to have been. I've never seen that message before, even in screenshots online.

I think it totally scared me off of the "refresh" method, though. For my next dress rehearsal, I'm going back to Team Restart!

i wouldn’t, everyone around me who refreshed got a good group, on refresh I did not.

disneygeek90

I assume it had to have been. I've never seen that message before, even in screenshots online.

I think it totally scared me off of the "refresh" method, though. For my next dress rehearsal, I'm going back to Team Restart!
I feel like I'm still Team Restart as well. While very low numbers have been grabbed with both methods, the refresh definitely seems like the potential to be burned is far greater.

DCBaker

Premium Member

KevinPage

I feel like I'm still Team Restart as well. While very low numbers have been grabbed with both methods, the refresh definitely seems like the potential to be burned is far greater.

Come on make the

377A7875-5A7E-4F76-BBF5-AF59B8C64AAB.gif

Always room for 1 more on Team...

84A60D67-5B0D-4786-9D7D-5783309305C6.gif

MickeyLuv'r

the BG system is not perfect, but let’s say there was no BG system, no fastpass, just standby. You would get on a multi hour line not knowing if you would get on. With the BG system, I know in the morning, I am not going to get on, and with no waiting. 😔
Suppose for a moment, instead of one overly complex ride, WDW had split the ideas/funding into two more reliable rides. (maybe one of them a SW themed version of 7DMT of SDD type coaster?) In theory, even if the individual ride elements broke down just as often as they currently do, the attractions would still only need to shut down half as often.

Do you remember when the Frozen sisters meet + greet had a 6-8 hour traditional line every day? It was crazy, but people waited. WDW could have easily cut the waits in half by doubling the meet + greet capacity.

I daresay, to some extent, long waits and uncertainty of the BG system are good for WDW. Those who successfully experience RotR haven't just gone on an attraction, they've won a lottery prize!

splashtest

Why does it feel like reliability is getting worse, not better. I'm not going until September and starting to think in the 9 days we'll be there that I won't get a chance to ride..........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom