Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

Off the ride, my friend got the "B side" for the first time so he was excited, and most of the ride was working except for something interesting I hadn't seen before. The cannons in the gun room were down, so instead of the explosions happening out the windows space was pretty empty. Also what I found interesting was that this room/the moving cannons has been commonly speculated to get cut, so maybe this was a glimpse of what that would look like. It seemed like an actual B Mode with what I'm about to describe, rather than just going through with inactive or non-moving cannons and the same motions. When approaching the end of the hallway our lead car actually went BACKWARDS and then did a little jiggle before moving forward near the last cannon. This was definitely unexpected for someone who has been on the ride multiple times, so I thought it was gonna break down 😂.
In Oga's now for our reservation that also coincided with our boarding groups! 9BC3835D-F673-4D90-9CEB-C122F045366B.jpeg

Last edited:

mickEblu

I'm not trying to excuse ROTR downtime as it is simply unacceptable.

Hagrid's at Universal has been down for two days with no explanation given. This coaster has also been nothing but trouble since it opened. It seems as though designers are not taking into account reliability as they "innovate." Disney, Universal, and other ride manufacturers need to make sure an attraction can maintain a certain up time before they open it.

They are prioritizing "what cool thing we can do" over guest experience.

I’ve been saying this for years. They keep prioritizing the wrong things. Funny thing is most DLR guests would go loco for something like a Peter Pan 2.0 or BTMRR 2.0. Much cheaper to build, more reliable and wouldn’t need 12 hours of downtime

DavidDL

Saw this post today in a place where the light never touches, maybe someone can confirm? Good news, if true.

"It looks like it has not broken today yet and they started calling groups within 5 or 6 minutes of opening. If you use the widely used (but not confirmed) estimate of 100 people per boarding group along the 17.5 groups/hr they're at today (they were at about 70 at 1pm), they appear to be hitting 1750 people per hour, which is exactly what the rumored max capacity is (1700-1800).
Wow!

https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/attraction/disneyland/starwarsriseoftheresistance/"

TP2000

They just had one of their most successful days ever at Rise Before Dawn! Only a 15 minute delay, followed by just over an hour of breakdowns. Last Call was at 8:30pm, naturally. Disneyland was open 9am to 11pm today.

Wednesday 2/26: Open 9:15am, Closed 8:30pm at Boarding Group 147, 3 Hours Closed, 11 Hours Open!

bokeh_plot (87).png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They just had one of their most successful days ever at Rise Before Dawn! Only a 15 minute delay, followed by just over an hour of breakdowns. Last Call was at 8:30pm, naturally. Disneyland was open 9am to 11pm today.

Wednesday 2/26: Open 9:15am, Closed 8:30pm at Boarding Group 147, 3 Hours Closed, 11 Hours Open!

View attachment 452292
So now we know what the issue was, they were waiting until Chapek was announced as CEO and BAM! everything is magically working....

fryoj

So now we know what the issue was, they were waiting until Chapek was announced as CEO and BAM! everything is magically working....

Except it seems like it broke DHS's. Looking at the good/bad days between the two, I'm really starting to wonder if the conspiracy theory about there being one "A" tech team traveling back and forth between the two isn't legit.

TP2000

Another good day. This ride appreciates it when they don't have to open until after 9am. Another 9:15am opening today, and I have to wonder if that's the earliest they'll open this ride to allow for the Boarding Group lottery to play out and conclude on Main Street USA before they start calling groups for the day? Hmm....

Today, Disneyland was open 9am to 11pm again.

Thursday 2/27: Open 9:15am, Last Call at 8:30pm for Boarding Group #142, Closed 3 Hours, Open 11 Hours!

bokeh_plot (88).png

Atomicmickey

Side note: Was listening to the Disney Dish with Jim Hill and Len Testa. Len said that he had heard
that a lot of the delays are mostly due to one specific thing--that he did not name. What he was told
is that there IS a fix for 'that one thing' and that it should be implemented soon. When implemented we
should see much better stability of operation. The date of the podcast was Feb 19.

Just what he said, take it or leave it!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Side note: Was listening to the Disney Dish with Jim Hill and Len Testa. Len said that he had heard
that a lot of the delays are mostly due to one specific thing--that he did not name. What he was told
is that there IS a fix for 'that one thing' and that it should be implemented soon. When implemented we
should see much better stability of operation. The date of the podcast was Feb 19.

That comports with what other insiders have said. Insiders I trust who know what the problem is.

With Jim... There's a chance he's just repeating what those who are really in the know are saying and doesn't say what the problem is because he doesn't know... because the real insiders haven't said what it was.

Phroobar

Does it involve dynomite?

TP2000

That comports with what other insiders have said. Insiders I trust who know what the problem is.

With Jim... There's a chance he's just repeating what those who are really in the know are saying and doesn't say what the problem is because he doesn't know... because the real insiders haven't said what it was.

Thank you both, @Atomicmickey and Mister Penguin. That's very interesting.

And it always makes me laugh when the CM's have to treat a theme park with such cloak and dagger stuff, as if it's some top secret government lab working on the Coronavirus vaccine and not just a new theme park ride. Bless their hearts!

Whatever the Top Secret Fix is, it hasn't been implemented today. The ride was one hour and 45 minutes late opening this morning, and has been averaging 14 Boarding Groups per hour, which would seem to equate to about 1,300 riders per hour at best once you factor in human error, no-shows, and empty seats.

Disneyland is open 8am to Midnight today, and the ride opened at 9:45am but has not yet had a major breakdown.

bokeh_plot (89).png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom