Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

Today was also a perfect day! It's first ever maybe? Zero breakdowns! Just appeared to be short some vehicles. It did open around 30 minutes later than usual (opened at 9:45).

That's also 4 days in a row with extremely high uptime. I'd argue this is a fully armed and operational Death Star!

🎉🎊

TP2000

Yes, today was a very good day for them. Probably their best ever!

That said, Disneyland is open 8am to Midnight. The ride didn't open until 9:45am this morning, and they made Last Call at 7:35pm at BG 140. That's likely about 14,000 people called to the ride, with a total number of riders something less than 14,000. It's all closed up for the night now, but Disneyland is still open for more than three more hours. And so that brings us to this grand total for the day, based on a 16 hour operating day for Disneyland....

Friday, 2/28: Open 9:45am, Closed 7:35pm at Boarding Group 140, 5 Hours Closed, 11 Hours Open!

bokeh_plot (90).png

Here's my thinking on the hours of operation on this thing.

Here's what we know (or at least I have ascertained from various forums, CMs, etc):
They work on the ride from the moment they close it till the moment they open it (about 12 hours is the estimate many people have given).
The first couple of those hours, until around 1am, they are cycling the ride empty testing updates from WDI.
The ride doesn't open any earlier than 9am regardless of park opening time and doesn't stay open later than 9:30 even if they have called of the boarding groups.

Here is my conclusion: Once they feel they have completed their updates and the ride is running at 99% uptime for a full week or two, they will be able to not spend 3-4 hours each night testing updates and we will be able to see the ride open from 8am-12am as the maintenance window will have shortened to 8 hours or less.

Last edited:
I see you are new both to this group and being a Twitter/FB blogger with a total of 15 followers between the 2. If you scroll through this post you will find that this statement is incorrect TP2000 does a daily post with opening and closing times you can see an example right above your post.

Actually, the data posted right above mine backs me up - I said the ride doesn't open before 9 and doesn't stay open past 9pm. In that post and today, the ride opened at 9:45am and called it's last number at 7:35 (ended boarding at 8:35) - after 9am and before 9:30pm... So I'm not sure if you just misread my post or you still meant to criticize me.

Also, I use the exact same data as everyone else - thrill-data.com.

When speaking on the ride not opening earlier than 9am, I'm speaking from my own experience having been in person to multiple 8am openings since the ride has opened (and multiple 9am openings) and by watching thrill-data.com, just like everyone else. If you think they've been calling numbers before 9am on a regular basis, please refer to the ride's history, and as you say, what is is posted every day by TP2000 (who usually calls out the late openings and early closings which is exactly what I was talking about). He's also usually far less optimistic than me, so I'm not sure where this attack on me and my 15 followers (hey, gotta start somewhere) is coming from and I shouldn't have to defend myself here - it's off topic. To what you said about giving credit, I've only ever posted my own research - and my own screenshots - anywhere, including here.

Last edited:

AJFireman

Your statement said the ride doesnt open any earlier then 9am as a blanket statement along with your other statements. So if you meant just today then yes I read it wrong. There have been days where ut did open earlier example being on February 17th ride opened at 815am and found another day opened 840am. That was just a quick search i imagine i can find a more.

Your statement said the ride doesnt open any earlier then 9am as a blanket statement along with your other statements. So if you meant just today then yes I read it wrong. There have been days where ut did open earlier example being on February 17th ride opened at 815am and found another day opened 840am. That was just a quick search i imagine i can find a more.

Yes, there have been a few days they have begun boarding before 9am. I could have said 90-95% of the time instead. It was an estimate. Just how when I said the ride doesn't stay open later than 9:30, I wasn't saying "that has never happened," I was saying that is what happens pretty much every single night (so 90-95% of the time). These were just reference times to show how on average they have 12 hours each night between close and open the next day.
The primary purpose of my post was about when we might see the ride operate for a full 16 hours and the reasons that isn't happening right now.

IMixHits

I see you are new both to this group and being a Twitter/FB blogger with a total of 15 followers between the 2.
Why this? Not very welcoming to someone who's just trying to join in with the "community". I have 25K on one, and 233k on another. Does that make me anymore knowledgeable than anyone else? I don't think so. By the way, what's your number? :)
Be helpful, be kind.

Ride opened around 8:20 this morning

Yes it did! It shut down extra early last night (an hour earlier then usual), so maybe that helped.

They also have changed their boarding group processing system slightly as of today! When the ride opened, instead of a fast trickle of numbers being called every other minute, they called a whole bunch at once when they started, instead of the very first number. My group 16 was called at 8:20 at the same time as 10-15, instead of waiting for it to get to that number after a few minutes.
This is great news if this is how they do it every day now! They should be able to fit in more boarding groups if they increase how many they give out. Let's see how today goes!

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yes, there have been a few days they have begun boarding before 9am. I could have said 90-95% of the time instead. It was an estimate. Just how when I said the ride doesn't stay open later than 9:30, I wasn't saying "that has never happened," I was saying that is what happens pretty much every single night (so 90-95% of the time).

Then use the correct words.... instead of definitive statements that don’t mean what you intended to say.

TP2000

Took 25 minutes to enter, ride and exit.

So glad I got an early boarding group today!

All effects were working properly as far as I saw

Wow! 25 minutes to enter, ride and exit means the actual queue must have only been about 10 minutes before you were ushered towards the shuttle craft, recruit. I'm thrilled you got to ride it so easily and enjoyed it!

And @themeparkchat 's point is a good one. They did start with a bigger bite of Boarding Groups first thing once they opened at 8:20am. They've been getting a max of 14 Boarding Groups per hour on since then, but they've been broken down for the last hour and are stuck on Boarding Group 64 currently.

bokeh_plot (91).png

Communicora

Premium Member
Took 25 minutes to enter, ride and exit.

So glad I got an early boarding group today!

All effects were working properly as far as I saw
This sounds similar to my experience. The queue was virtually empty when our boarding group was called. We felt like we should rush through it. We were in a group of about 12 by the time we got to the transport and then the first of those to enter the hangar. I feel like we had the ideal experience other than missing out on some of the details in the queue.

TP2000

Ride’s been down now for a hour. Told you leave the queue you forfeit your boarding group and are done for the day.

You are now immersed in Disney's "World Class Customer Service!" :oops:

I am wracking my brain trying to think of a similar customer transaction where a company treats their customers like this; Makes them rise before dawn, wait in long lines and barely controlled chaos, enter a lottery to win a Boarding Group, then when the ride breaks down tell's the waiting customers that if they dare leave the queue after an hour of waiting they forfeit all rights to board the ride that day.

Maybe an airline flight cancellation if the engine on your plane won't work and you bought a cheap ticket on a bad airline might be the best analogy to that? Can anyone think of something more analogous?

But I certainly wouldn't have the guts to then claim I am providing "World Class Customer Service" in that situation.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So if this rumored "fix" they have is true then I expect more and more days as has been the past couple of days. I expect by this summer they will have most of the kinks out of the ride and it'll be up a majority of park hours, similar to RSR (where breakdowns still commonly occur).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom