Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

Ismael Flores

So today my friend and his group went into DCA for magic morning. They decided to giev it a try again and see if they could get boarding groups. The app stopped them at final step because their pass had not been scanned at Disneyland.

Looks like the app is recognizing which park you scanned into and it must be Disneyland for the boarding passes.

Told them you guys were cheering them on yesterday and they wanted me to say Thank You. said it made their trip even more memorable to be able to ride it on their first Disneyland visit

Professortango1

I think you are living in fear of something you don't have to be scared of. You keep pointing to this vague group of people who are missing out. But they aren't here. If you want to get on the attraction, are willing to be there are park opening, and have more than one day at the parks.. you are all but certain to experience the ride.

Are many people not riding... yes... but that's because they are either ignorant of what to do, or simply not willing to go through the process. If riding the attraction is a 'must have' for your trip... it's easily accomplished.

View attachment 443154

But if you only go for one day, why would you spend the money when your success is dictated by the first minute of the park being open? I'd love to give Disney my money to go on ROTR, but I'm not going to drop over $100 for a lottery. I've seen plenty of vloggers not getting in a few times. Sure, with an AP you can just come back the next day. Me, I go only one day at a time a few times a year.

flynnibus

Premium Member
But if you only go for one day, why would you spend the money when your success is dictated by the first minute of the park being open? I'd love to give Disney my money to go on ROTR, but I'm not going to drop over $100 for a lottery. I've seen plenty of vloggers not getting in a few times. Sure, with an AP you can just come back the next day. Me, I go only one day at a time a few times a year.

This is a corner case.. you're talking about someone who wants to goto Disney ONLY because of RoTR and on top of that is only there one day. That is not the proto-typical tourist visitor to Disneyland. Everyone else says "ok, but I'm still at Disneyland.." and enjoys the rest of the park. Just like people that missed out on the fireworks... or missed out on an attraction that was 101'd for the day, etc.

It's wrong to point at individual less common cases as the model for the larger demographic. It's not representative.

Professortango1

This is a corner case.. you're talking about someone who wants to goto Disney ONLY because of RoTR and on top of that is only there one day. That is not the proto-typical tourist visitor to Disneyland. Everyone else says "ok, but I'm still at Disneyland.." and enjoys the rest of the park. Just like people that missed out on the fireworks... or missed out on an attraction that was 101'd for the day, etc.

It's wrong to point at individual less common cases as the model for the larger demographic. It's not representative.

Whenever I would go to Disneyland, from a kid with friends to now with friends, we go one day. Even when we didn't live in the immediate area, it was a one day trip. And when we went for Indiana Jones' opening, we damn well expected to ride Indiana Jones. We were fine waiting in line for 5 hours. I'd do that again for ROTR, but Disney doesn't allow you to.

They built DCA because people weren't spending multiple days at Disneyland. I don't think DCA really changed that all too much. And if it did, you're looking at 2 one-park-a-day tickets, which wouldn't really help you in getting onto ROTR as you'd still only have one chance.

MoonRakerSCM

Tomorrow is D day for me and my friends.

We plan on arriving at the gate at 7am... Which means we'll actually get there by 730a. We'll then spread out into the park for the 8am cell phone rush... One suspended from the top of the Matterhorn, one standing upside down on the second floor of Innoventions, and a few others in some super secret ultra fast cell service locations I am not at liberty to disclose...

That being said, what time have they been opening parking for the parks? A friend is asking, thanks!

wowsmom

So today my friend and his group went into DCA for magic morning. They decided to giev it a try again and see if they could get boarding groups. The app stopped them at final step because their pass had not been scanned at Disneyland.

Looks like the app is recognizing which park you scanned into and it must be Disneyland for the boarding passes.

Told them you guys were cheering them on yesterday and they wanted me to say Thank You. said it made their trip even more memorable to be able to ride it on their first Disneyland visit

I've read of people scanning into DL then going over to DCA for their EMH and being able to get boarding groups. Just have to get that DL entry first.

Kiwiduck

I’ve heard rumours of other rides at Disneyland. If you can’t get on Rise you could perhaps ride some of them.

Professortango1

I’ve heard rumours of other rides at Disneyland. If you can’t get on Rise you could perhaps ride some of them.

I've done those. If I'd visit, I'd want to ride the new E Ticket. That's pretty much expected. As I said earlier, when we went for opening day of Indy, we damn well expected to ride Indy. And we did. We had to wait, but that's part of the experience.

Kiwiduck

I've done those. If I'd visit, I'd want to ride the new E Ticket. That's pretty much expected. As I said earlier, when we went for opening day of Indy, we damn well expected to ride Indy. And we did. We had to wait, but that's part of the experience.
Sounds like you’ve been coming to Disneyland for many years. The same rides that you‘ve been enjoying all this time are still there. Why is it that just because there is a new ride, the old ones suddenly have no interest to you?

RobWDW1971

I actually feel sorry for Disneyland marketing - what are their messaging options here:

- Current bait and switch strategy of simply advertising “NOW OPEN!!!” as if the ride is just like all other rides in the past 60+ years and you can just show up anytime and ride like normal.

- “Now Open! Arrive before park opening to try to get a ticket!!!”

- “Now Open! Go to a Disney fan blog for ticket details!!!”

With the murky, confusing “reservation required” messaging last summer they are in a tough spot.

Last edited:

TP2000

Disneyland opened at 8am today, but the ride didn't open until 9:20am.

The ride then broke down at 12:30pm and is currently still closed and stuck at Boarding Group 50.

Weather is glorious today, bright sun (sorry) and 73 degrees, with more of the same this weekend. Crowds are modest and wait times are currently low in both parks with no AP blockouts, it will be interesting to see what this weekend brings. Target Run currently at a 30 minute wait even though Rise Before Dawn next door has been closed for half an hour.

Last edited:

Phroobar

I actually feel sorry for Disneyland marketing - what are their options here:

- Current bait and switch strategy of simply advertising “NOW OPEN!!!” as if the ride is just like all other rides in the past 60+ years and you can just show up anytime and ride like normal.

- “Now Open! Arrive before park opening to try to get a ticket!!!”

- “Now Open! Go to a Disney fan blog for ticket details!!!”

With the murky, confusing “reservation required” messaging from last summer they are in a tough spot.
George Lucas cursed the franchise when he sold it.

unmitigated disaster

Anyone who goes anywhere these days without doing some research is bound to have some disappointment. For example, you now have to make reservations for the Boneyard tour at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base at least ten days in advance or you're not taking one.

Disney Parks have tons of books, websites and fan forums for information. You can spend a few minutes looking for tips.

Professortango1

Anyone who goes anywhere these days without doing some research is bound to have some disappointment. For example, you now have to make reservations for the Boneyard tour at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base at least ten days in advance or you're not taking one.

Disney Parks have tons of books, websites and fan forums for information. You can spend a few minutes looking for tips.

If you've gone to Disney in the past and you see a billboard for Rise of the Resistance, you wouldn't go and do research before taking your family for the day. You see its advertised as open and you go down as you did with every other new attraction at Disneyland.

unmitigated disaster

If you've gone to Disney in the past and you see a billboard for Rise of the Resistance, you wouldn't go and do research before taking your family for the day. You see its advertised as open and you go down as you did with every other new attraction at Disneyland.
Okay, I guess at this point I am wondering if you think this is going to kill off Disneyland for good and whether you think that's a good thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom