Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

People still doing the same at WDW. I don’t get it. I still see people saying they’re getting there at 5am. Meanwhile I was parking at 6:30 today and was in park by 6:40 for a 7am opening.
But since DHS is smaller than Disneyland, does it actually help their chances of getting a boarding group there?

disneygeek90

So same as Disneyland. So are people just worried about not getting past security and scanned in the gates on time then?
I don’t know what they’re worried about, honestly. I have been at the very back with peak crowds almost to security when they’ve opened the park (like 6:20ish) and at most it’s taken 15 mins to get through. People just stressing, I guess.

Mickeyboof

FC785870-EE42-4F1F-A4C2-29BC0B9A2190.png

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I don’t know what they’re worried about, honestly. I have been at the very back with peak crowds almost to security when they’ve opened the park (like 6:20ish) and at most it’s taken 15 mins to get through. People just stressing, I guess.
It has to be. No other reason makes sense. To be fair we are not used to this at Disneyland. We have been conditioned that when a new ride opens we better be prepared to ride in 3 hours

Last edited:

RobWDW1971

It has to be. No other reason makes sense. To be fair we are not used to this at Disneyland. We have been conditioned that when a new ride opens we better be prepared to ride in 3 houts
But Disneyland management is adding to the confusion by opening the parking structures and parks in the middle of the night instead of communicating the new system.

I can’t keep track of all of the different threads - does anybody know how long BG passes lasted today?

Last edited:

Mickeyboof

Clearly, waiting in a line for a day or days is becoming a concept of the past (movies don’t garner large lines, Apple can’t really boast about iPhone release lines, even Saturday Night Live doesn’t have camp outs much anymore...) but there is an excitement of waiting with a large group for something special.

I saw on social media a group hung a sheet from a Disneyland fence and projected an original trilogy film for all to enjoy. Very sweet. Also the monorail guy driving by waving a lightsaber is some true Disneyland magic. It’s a community event, I’m sure lots had fun and made some lovely memories (in the cold rain).

I hope by next week the morning rush dies down, but I’m not surprised by the middle of the night arrivals. It’s a callback to how fans used to operate. Kind of retro looking back from 2020.

Smad92

Question: even with Magic Hours this morning at 7 the boarding groups were not given out till official park opening at 8, right?

Professortango1

So true! WDW has that new Snow White mine train ride and has a constant two hour line filled with only 90 year olds! Who needs all of these nonagenarians running around reliving their childhood memories?!

2D animation doesn't age the same way a live action film does. A child can watch Mr Toad and Oliver in Company back to back and not feel the decades which separate them. Also, G rated films are introduced at a much younger age than something like Star Wars.

Rob562

Yeah, you will notice the backup group number will fluctuate every day. Not sure what the rhyme or reason to it is.

Various factors come into play, including what the lowest group number given out to the public was, as well as how many unused re-admit passes they gave out the day before.

-Rob

Professortango1

I honestly can’t tell if this entire post is sarcasm.

Nope, its sincere. I still enjoy New Hope and Empire most, but TLJ is a close second and Luke's arc/Kylo's arc are my favourite aspect of a SW film to date.

I'm not saying the new movies or even TLJ are perfect by any means, but neither were the original films by any stretch.

DLR>WDW

They shut down the ride 2 hours early. Horrible show. They should have randomly released more bg.
It’s even worse! They didn’t even get through all the groups. People that had been there since 8am or earlier waited all day.. only to be shut out. Awful.

Also, Kylo 1 was broken when I rode.

croboy82

Yesterday the first group called was No12 (I don‘t know what was with 1-11), today seems to be No5.

Maybe the first numbers are for tests.

disneygeek90

It’s even worse! They didn’t even get through all the groups. People that had been there since 8am or earlier waited all day.. only to be shut out. Awful.

Also, Kylo 1 was broken when I rode.
They got through all standard groups, correct? Backup groups are much more difficult to get through all of them because they’re most likely giving out the number of groups they could reasonably call with a near perfect day.

View attachment 442052

Boarding Group 75 and above is the new Backup number. Different than yesterday.

Odd.
So I don't know what causes them to use which number as the first boarding group, but you'll notice that yesterday, 12 was the first boarding group, and 82 and above were the backup ones, and today the first bg is 5 and the first backup bg is 75.
  • 82-12=70
  • 75-5=70
So I think that's the pattern they'll be sticking to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom