Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

Ismael Flores

I agree. I never said it didn't. I am saying having a down AA on OPENING DAY of your BRAND NEW E TICKET RIDE WEEKS AFTER IT OPENED ON THE EAST COAST doesn't look good.
well if its a software issue then yes the bugs should have been worked out but it could be a mechanical issue related to the Aa in question and therefore it wouldnt matter how ling WDW is open.
mechanical issues can pop up independently without warning.

Ismael Flores

Advertisement
They shut down the ride 2 hours early. Horrible show. They should have randomly released more bg.
they should have left it open for walk in. just have them monitor the amount of people so it would not go past closing time

Ismael Flores

This conversation about the AA being down has lasted way way way longer than the actual downtime.

Group 108 is up, that’s amazing! And 3.5 more hours to go!? What a good day for the first riders at Disneyland Resort.
and they didn't even open the ride at park operating hours. They opened an hour late so if tomorrow they are on time they can add another hours worth of riders.

now hopefully they add more boarding groups since someone just posted that they closed ride two hours early. seems like maybe they ran out of boarding groups they had issued.

wont be fun to hear for all the people that were upset because they werw there early and didn't get a group. They probably should add higher amount of groups with disclaimer that o ly groups till midnight would board

Ismael Flores

Anyone else think that maybe Disney should have done there 24 hour party for opening day?

its not the first time they do it, why not have one knowing demand was going to be high and possibility of downtime was there.
maybe even have made it a boarding group loading till midnight and then have it be standby queue between midnight and 6am.

then go back to boarding groups for next operating day.

seems like TDA has forgottenhow they used to do grand opening for attractions that even extended park operating hours for anyone interested and in line for the new attraction. The way they did it for Indy, Star tours, Captain EO

socaljoeyb

Stopping boarding groups about 2 hours before close is what’s been done in WDW as well. None of how Disneyland operated today was surprising, it was nearly identical to how WDW has ran the past month.
Got it, it seems some boarding groups did not get on here at DL

disneygeek90

Got it, it seems some boarding groups did not get on here at DL
Most likely, but from what I can tell they had a really solid day! Calling groups till 10 is really nice. Lately HS has closed at 8 and they’re not really calling groups after 6 which feels bad.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Morning all. Why are people gettting there early when it does not matter? As long as you are in before official boarding time you got a fair shot to get a boarding group. Getting there like 3 hours early does not help your chances. Any ninny can see that.

disneygeek90

Morning all. Why are people gettting there early when it does not matter? As long as you are in before official boarding time you got a fair shot to get a boarding group. Getting there like 3 hours early does not help your chances. Any ninny can see that.
People still doing the same at WDW. I don’t get it. I still see people saying they’re getting there at 5am. Meanwhile I was parking at 6:30 today and was in park by 6:40 for a 7am opening.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

People still doing the same at WDW. I don’t get it. I still see people saying they’re getting there at 5am. Meanwhile I was parking at 6:30 today and was in park by 6:40 for a 7am opening.
But since DHS is smaller than Disneyland, does it actually help their chances of getting a boarding group there?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

No makes no difference. Everyone slams the app the second the clock turns to 7. As long as you’re in the park by then, it makes no difference when you arrived.
So same as Disneyland. So are people just worried about not getting past security and scanned in the gates on time then?

disneygeek90

So same as Disneyland. So are people just worried about not getting past security and scanned in the gates on time then?
I don’t know what they’re worried about, honestly. I have been at the very back with peak crowds almost to security when they’ve opened the park (like 6:20ish) and at most it’s taken 15 mins to get through. People just stressing, I guess.

Top Bottom