Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

TP2000

Disneyland Resort wait times for E Tickets mid afternoon, Day One of the Resistance ride: Boarding Groups were gone in 22 seconds, with Backup Boarding Groups gone in six minutes after the park's 8am opening.

Sunny and crisp and 64 degrees. (rain ended about 3am last night, skies cleared by 4am, the view of the snow on the San Bernardino mountains today is STUNNING!)

Big Thunder Mountain - Temporarily Closed
Splash Mt., Jungle Cruise, Grizzly River Run - 5 Minutes
Submarine Voyage - 10 Minutes
Pirates, Star Tours, Chase-A-Baby - 15 Minutes
It's A Small World - 20 Minutes (first day after refurbishment)
Indiana Jones Adventure, Soarin' - 30 Minutes
Haunted Mansion Holiday, Millennium Falcon: Target Run - 35 Minutes
Guardians of the Galaxy, Matterhorn Bobsleds - 45 Minutes
Radiator Springs Racers - 55 Minutes
Space Mountain - 65 Minutes

The 51 other B, C and D Tickets across both parks are in the 5 to 20 minute range, except for Peter Pan at 30 minutes and Midway Mania at 45 minutes. Autopia, Teacups & Dumbo only have 5 minute waits.

It will be interesting to see what happens the next three days for the Rev. King holiday weekend.

Last edited:

TP2000

I should have been enjoying a sundowner cocktail the last half hour to celebrate the weekend, but a little voice said "I wonder what the other websites are saying about all this?". I got caught up in the hilarious thread over on Micechat where many people are furious and/or losing their minds over the Boarding Group concept.

Like I suspected, there are a lot of AP's who had no idea what this thing was or how it worked, and now that Day 1 is half over they are mad.

Unfair! Stupid! I need to speak with your manager! 🤣

I haven't used my Micechat login in years and can't remember my password right now (and that's before the cocktail), but I really want to weigh in over there.

A few favorite highlights...

• I find it stupid that they do boarding groups! Why do they let Radiator Springs get to almost 4 hour waits at times of extreme crowds. I'm personally waiting a few months, but not sure why they would not want large lines. At least let people who are huge fans decide if they want to wait or not!

• It's insane that the ride is "full" for the entire day when the park is open until midnight (or later). The idea that a visitor can't ride the attraction at all, all day, because the boarding groups were gobbled up by 8:02 is nuts. The ride doesn't need boarding groups. Just let people stand in line!!!

• I don't understand why Disney would allow people to queue overnight. Disney is a family destination and waiting overnight in a parking lot in the rain is not something that children should be subjected to. Nor should small children be dragged out of bed while it's still dark out so they can fight their way into the park and try to get a boarding pass. The way this system has been set up, it's essentially encouraging families to make really hard choices and trade-offs between their family's need for sleep, comfort and safety and their desire to experience this ride during the first few months (year?) of it's operation.

• If I got in on an AP I'd demand a boarding pass for a future day. If they wouldn't give it up, I'd call the local Fox and NBC news stations and tell them how cold and heartless Disney treats their customers these days.
  • They lost quite a few of their most loyal and die hard fans today and absolutely nothing was done to reach out make it right, or at the very least wristband these folks JUST FOR THE FIRST DAY. the ones waiting all night in the rain. They shouldn’t have been turned away no matter what for any reason. It’s just very un-Disneyland and remarkably cold.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I should have been enjoying a sundowner cocktail the last half hour to celebrate the weekend, but a little voice said "I wonder what the other websites are saying about all this?". I got caught up in the hilarious thread over on Micechat where many people are furious and/or losing their minds over the Boarding Group concept.

Like I suspected, there are a lot of AP's who had no idea what this thing was or how it worked, and now that Day 1 is half over they are mad.

I haven't used my Micechat login in years and can't remember my password right now (and that's before the cocktail), but I really want to weigh in over there.

• I find it stupid that they do boarding groups! Why do they let Radiator Springs get to almost 4 hour waits at times of extreme crowds. I'm personally waiting a few months, but not sure why they would not want large lines. At least let people who are huge fans decide if they want to wait or not!

• It's insane that the ride is "full" for the entire day when the park is open until midnight (or later). The idea that a visitor can't ride the attraction at all, all day, because the boarding groups were gobbled up by 8:02 is nuts. The ride doesn't need boarding groups. Just let people stand in line!!!

• I don't understand why Disney would allow people to queue overnight. Disney is a family destination and waiting overnight in a parking lot in the rain is not something that children should be subjected to. Nor should small children be dragged out of bed while it's still dark out so they can fight their way into the park and try to get a boarding pass. The way this system has been set up, it's essentially encouraging families to make really hard choices and trade-offs between their family's need for sleep, comfort and safety and their desire to experience this ride during the first few months (year?) of it's operation.

• If I got in on an AP I'd demand a boarding pass for a future day. If they wouldn't give it up, I'd call the local Fox and NBC news stations and tell them how cold and heartless Disney treats their customers these days.
  • They lost quite a few of their most loyal and die hard fans today and absolutely nothing was done to reach out make it right, or at the very least wristband these folks JUST FOR THE FIRST DAY. the ones waiting all night in the rain. They shouldn’t have been turned away no matter what for any reason. It’s just very un-Disneyland and remarkably cold.

Wow. This all boils down to not comprehending that there are more people who want to ride the ride than the ride can handle... and they can't handle that reality.

RobWDW1971

I only wish I was there tonight, I would just hang out in front of City Hall and listen to the entitled, angry, delusional AP's rant about their "rights" and "demand satisfaction" while they try to bully the poor cast members. Delicious.

George Lucas on a Bench

Finally boarding!
😁

43b8a4b669abf44b730cf9e6f9106588.jpg

disneygeek90

They do realize that this isn’t the only day the ride will be there, right?

SSG

Classic. The entitlement and lack of self-awareness was great, but blaming Disney for the poor parenting skills of their guests was just....

iMax

I will never understand why people have to bombard these new property openings on the 1st day when it's literally not going anywhere for a very long time.

(I say that now but watch me be at opening day of Avengers Campus.)

TP2000

There's a group of Disney vloggers in front of me doing a live stream. Hope they don't ruin the ride experience for me.

Just let them go in front of you! Or quietly tell a CM your situation and I'm sure they'll arrange suitable companions for your ride. You've waited too long to let obnoxious vloggers ruin this for you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom