Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

DanielBB8

Have you been to Florida between 11/1 and 3/31? Or August where you get absolutely drenched before getting on a frigid bus? I’ve been cold and wet many times at WDW. At least DL usually empties out when the sun is wet. In FL, it could be a tropical storm and there’s no impact on the crowd.
Yes. Quite nice and drier than the rest of year in Orlando area in Fall/Winter. August is worst.

flynnibus

Premium Member
A friend strolled into the park today at around 7:50 AM and got boarding group 13.

Do we know if Disney is limiting 1 group # max per ticket, or can people *theoretically* ride twice by trying for another boarding group after riding, if groups aren’t all booked up.

In DHS, they enforce 1 BG per day per guest.

flynnibus

Premium Member
This is reassuring as it looks like lining up early is pointless IMO. If someone were to arrive at 7 they should be fine.

Yes, all the idiots who were out there at 2am were just wasting their time. It just goes to show just how engrained behavior is.

You only need to get there early enough to get through the gates before BGs open. The big variable in DLR is security and parking.

How long it takes is going to vary based on how many people get there early, and how early Disney opens the turnstiles to drain that backup.

Touchdown

Yes. What a jerk. Educated based on WHAT? I was going by DHS expectations. Yes, get a spot. I never knew that. Sigh.

watching YouTube live stream. Adam Woo there.

Im sorry if it came of as rude, but what I mean is there are less “clueless tourists” and more fans who visit Disney sites and knew about the “get in prior to opening, reset your phone, get off WiFi, open app right at opening rule.” There also appeared from shots a whole lot more people inside the park then at DHS. I bet BGs go just as quickly for sometime at DL because of all the locals that are “educated.”

TP2000

Boarding groups gone in 22 seconds.
Backup boarding groups now.

State 1 = Open
State 2 = Paused

View attachment 441841

Looks like the backup boarding groups are starting at 82, maybe just a safe low number in case of any long down times.

EDIT: All backup groups gone as of 8:10:51.

Welp, that didn't take long. 🧐

But it is nice to know you only need to be in the park before 8am for a Boarding Group, instead of having to be there before sunrise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom