Star Wars Rise of the Resistance Discussion

mickEblu

bb505aaa8040648bfa302ff4a57d505598d7bb5e.jpg

Still lost but thanks

Phroobar

I'm just paraphrasing the old joke about Italian dictator Mussolini. ("A tyrant, yes, but at least the trains ran on time.") If you want to flee 'run-down' Star Wars, there's always a militaristic dictator willing to give you polished floors and spotless hallways in exchange for your liberty.
In the case of GE, Chapek is willing to give you expensive drinks & stores and a broke ride in exchange for your income.

mickEblu

I'm just paraphrasing the old joke about Italian dictator Mussolini. ("A tyrant, yes, but at least the trains ran on time.") If you want to flee 'run-down' Star Wars, there's always a militaristic dictator willing to give you polished floors and spotless hallways in exchange for your liberty.

Ahhhh that’s a good one. Thanks.

My instant reaction was “oooh, shiny and new.” So different than the rest of the land. That hallway feels more Star Wars to me then probably anything else in the land other than the Falcon. The rest of the land feels Star Wars ish but more just generic Mid East.

DLR>WDW

Posted this in the main GE thread, but it’s ROTR related so I’ll drop down here as well.
Okay, here comes the ROTR “news” that should’ve been dropped on GMA but instead was pushed to this TWO HOUR propaganda special on FreeForm about GE. Many shots within the ride itself, with behind the scenes of the filming and interviews with the actors, Imaginners, and C h a p e k. Most notable things were a glance at a Kylo Ren animatronic from above as he stands on a platform looking down upon the approaching ride vehicles. Green screen footage being shot for Kylo Ren as well, so expect jarring transitions a la Forbidden Journey. Daisy Ridley shooting the “The Resistance needs YOUR help” preshow. Oscar Isaac filming scenes in an X-Wing that look to be similar to the shots found on the little screen on the right in your Starspeeder on Star Tours. And Bob Chapek claiming you’ll be “chased down by the First Order for over 15 minutes.” Not sure if he’s talking about the ride or the entire “experience“ beginning from when you step on the Resistance Transport Ship. John Boyega later says that the “ride” is 10 minutes so, there’s a bit of conflicting dialogue. Honestly though, I expect the ride to be about 5 due to the limited amount of scenes. Overall, after being let down by GE as a whole, I’m a bit cautious about this, but still extremely excited to see what they cook up. I truly believe this could be one of the best rides in the world.

Here’s some stuff from Twitter:

Darkbeer1

>>The new Rise of the Resistance attraction coming in January to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland that has been billed as 4 rides in 1 will be at least 15 minutes long from start to finish, according to Disney theme park officials.

“Imagine being chased for 15 minutes by Kylo Ren and the First Order. Stormtroopers everywhere. Lightsabers coming at you,” Bob Chapek, chairman of Disney parks, experiences and products, said of Rise of the Resistance during a new TV special. “It’s going to be fantastic.”

A 10-minute segment during the “Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge — Adventure Awaits” television show on Freeform on Sunday night revealed new details about the Rise of the Resistance dark ride, which is scheduled to open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida on Dec. 5 and Disneyland in Anaheim on Jan. 17.

The new attraction will put riders in the middle of a battle between the villainous First Order and the heroic Resistance in a dangerous off-planet mission as new recruits. Along the way, the recruits will be captured aboard a Star Destroyer, break out of a First Order detention cell, elude the clutches of Kylo Ren and escape back to a secret base on the Star Wars planet of Batuu, the setting for the new 14-acre Galaxy’s Edge lands.<<

>>At 15 minutes or more in duration, Rise of the Resistance would be one of the longest ride-based attractions at Disneyland. By comparison, It’s a Small World is approximately 14 minutes and Pirates of the Caribbean is about 15 minutes. Earlier in the year, Walt Disney Imagineering officials shot down online speculation that the Rise of the Resistance ride time would clock in at a whopping 28 minutes.<<

Much more at the SCNG link

Mac Tonight

So what is the point of the ride? We get recruited, captured and escape. What did we accomplish? It sounds like some mission Finn and Rose would go on. How incompetent can the First Order be if green recruits can escape from their detention block?
And not just once, but repeatedly, every fifteen minutes, day after day after day... at least until the wi-fi breaks.

Disney Analyst

So what is the point of the ride? We get recruited, captured and escape. What did we accomplish? It sounds like some mission Finn and Rose would go on. How incompetent can the First Order be if green recruits can escape from their detention block?

What do you accomplish on any ride? And it’s not like we are escaping on our own... we are put on a droid led vehicle and it’s escaping for us...

Sometimes we can’t think they deeply about rides. How the heck do so many survive Indiana Jones... why did we even go in? What’s the point of splash mountain? We ride a log... what are we accomplishing?

Phroobar

What do you accomplish on any ride? And it’s not like we are escaping on our own... we are put on a droid led vehicle and it’s escaping for us...

Sometimes we can’t think they deeply about rides. How the heck do so many survive Indiana Jones... why did we even go in? What’s the point of splash mountain? We ride a log... what are we accomplishing?
Buzz lightyear we are saving the planet from Zurg. At Indiana Jones we are just tourists that need Indy's help to survive. At splash mountain we are just reliving highlights of the movie. Here we ARE recruits for the Resistance. We are given a mission that sounds like we fail at and must be rescued. Unless they want us to get captured, cause chaos on the ship and run away.

Let's face it. Military speaking, the First Order isn't run by the brightest bulbs out there.

Disney Analyst

Buzz lightyear we are saving the planet from Zurg. At Indiana Jones we are just tourists that need Indy's help to survive. At splash mountain we are just reliving highlights of the movie. Here we ARE recruits for the Resistance. We are given a mission that sounds like we fail at and must be rescued. Unless they want us to get captured, cause chaos on the ship and run away.

Let's face it. Military speaking, the First Order isn't run by the brightest bulbs out there.

Well we don’t even get to the mission as we get captured as we are being brought into space... so the mission becomes... get out alive? Seems simple enough to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom