Star Wars Rise of the Resistance Discussion

Phroobar

I'm expecting that the Battle of Galactica will be better.

2013universalgalactica2.jpg

SSG

It looks pretty epic. Hopefully the trailer is giving a fair representation of what the ride will actually be.

Epcot_Imagineer

I've heard rumors on here that the ride is something like 30 minutes long, think this will be true or is it just guessing at this point?
Here is the Martin quote where he replies to someone saying it will be 8 minutes long...
I’d guesstimate 8 is pushing it.
Someone a post later says the length is 6.5 minutes and Martin liked it, so I would bet on the actual ride itself being that length.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Here is the Martin quote where he replies to someone saying it will be 8 minutes long...

Someone a post later says the length is 6.5 minutes and Martin liked it, so I would bet on the actual ride itself being that length.

I think the total experience once you get to the first show moment will make it longer. So it depends on when Disney considers the attraction starting. Could be a 15-20 minute total experience.

Also:

Epcot_Imagineer

I think the total experience once you get to the first show moment will make it longer. So it depends on when Disney considers the attraction starting. Could be a 15-20 minute total experience.
Depends on what you consider the ride, which is different to everyone. If we're talking the length of once you sit in the AGV, 6.5 minutes. If you're in the camp of "Haunted Mansion starts at the pre-show", then yeah I'll give you 20 minutes. If I'm not mistaken this ride has two pre-shows as well...

Disney Analyst

Depends on what you consider the ride, which is different to everyone. If we're talking the length of once you sit in the AGV, 6.5 minutes. If you're in the camp of "Haunted Mansion starts at the pre-show", then yeah I'll give you 20 minutes. If I'm not mistaken this ride has two pre-shows as well...

This article explains the ride experience and the media getting in today.

For me I think the ride has to be considering starting at the first ride vehicle moment (the transport ship) once on that you really have begun. Also they are really considering this 3-4 separate ride systems. You have transport ship, vehicle you board, motion simulator your vehicle enters, and drop track your vehicle sits on in the motion simulator.

Edit:

mickEblu

Preshow always starts the attraction time. As soon as I enter the Haunted Mansion, the attraction starts. When I sit in the Small World/POTC boat, the attraction starts. As soon as I enter the temple over at Indiana Jones, the attraction starts since we have to wait outside for fastpass line merger.

Hmmm I don’t know about the last example. I agree with the others though. Indiana Jones is just a really well themed queue. The attraction starts on the Jeep. Seeing people walk out of the exit while in line can’t be considered part of the attraction.

SSG

Hmmm I don’t know about the last example. I agree with the others though. Indiana Jones is just a really well themed queue. The attraction starts on the Jeep. Seeing people walk out of the exit while in line can’t be considered part of the attraction.

I've always said Indy starts with the Sallah movie. It sets up what will happen for the first timers.

Professortango1

Ive heard rumors on here that the ride is something like 30 minutes long, think this will be true or is it just guessing at this point?

Looking at this just reminded me that it is based off the Sequel Trilogy. Crazy that Abram's film gets the attention and not the films that the series is known for.

Wish it looked like an OT Star Destroyer and Tie Fighter.

All of my students know Star Wars for the Abrams films, not the original trilogy.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would think the ride is just the ride because after the first go through, people tend to ignore the preshows and consider them background noise like a queue.

First time riders are great...but what makes rides enduring and classic is the re-rideability...no?

Phroobar

So true. We like to think kids will know the OT, but really, why would they? If a kid is 10 he was born in 2009, 32 years after the original film came out. This is like a kid a 10-year-old kid in 1995 being super familiar with Dr. No.
My twelve year old prefers the OT. He even knows who Dr. No is but he is pretty weird. ;)
On the other hand my fifteen year old daughter has no idea what star wars is despite the room next to her room dedicated to the stuff. For some reason she knows who Spiderman is. I think she is just in love with Tom Holland.

britain

Any pre-show that doesn't require you to watch it (like you can just pass by it as it goes on) I consider queue entertainment. While interesting to see the first time, if I get to skip past these things, I'm happy to do so. Indy's interactive queue, Space Mountain window views, Seven Dwarf Mine Train games are examples of these.

A pre-show that requires a room that you wait to go into, I'd say is the beginning of the ride/experience. These are things I would miss if someone snuck me through a door to the ride proper. Mansion, Tower, and Mystic Manor all have these types of required pre-shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom