Star Wars Rise of the Resistance Discussion

TROR

Boarding Passes. Basically rope drop park. When park officially opens, open App and get a boarding group for the ride. Go to ride when the app tells you that your group is up.
When your boarding group is called, do you still have to wait an hour? Are you able to get a boarding group if you're not in the park?

Disney Analyst

When your boarding group is called, do you still have to wait an hour? Are you able to get a boarding group if you're not in the park?

If it’s anything like DHS, have to be in park to book a boarding group. Have to have pass scanned at gate.

Normally you have two hours to get to ride once called, and wait is generally 20-30 minutes before the first pre-show/the experience starts.

Professortango1

I enjoyed it. Way better than TLJ, though far from perfect.

The Last Jedi is Citizen Kane compared to Rise of Skywalker. The vastly different critic scores says enough. Skywalker is a jumbled mess which is all about fan service and ignoring what has been set up. It isn't the worst SW Film as of date, but its definitely towards the bottom. Thank God JJ didn't direct the attraction or it would just be mysterious questions without answers followed by a photo op where we can put our faces into Star Wars Memes.

Nirya

I enjoyed it. Way better than TLJ, though far from perfect.

Meanwhile, I think I’m at the point where I would like JJ Abrams to stop doing movies from established franchises because the man has nothing new to add to them beyond “what if we do the same thing but bigger?”

DanielBB8

The Last Jedi is Citizen Kane compared to Rise of Skywalker. The vastly different critic scores says enough. Skywalker is a jumbled mess which is all about fan service and ignoring what has been set up. It isn't the worst SW Film as of date, but its definitely towards the bottom. Thank God JJ didn't direct the attraction or it would just be mysterious questions without answers followed by a photo op where we can put our faces into Star Wars Memes.
TLJ didn’t set up anything. It destroyed Star Wars. There’s no need for the last movie. Some said ROS is two movies in one. The first half had to fix TLJ and the second half is the conclusion to the fix.

I will see the movie soon, but ROS doesn’t contain Batuu so there’s no meaningful connection to Galaxy’s Edge.

Professortango1

TLJ didn’t set up anything. It destroyed Star Wars. There’s no need for the last movie. Some said ROS is two movies in one. The first half had to fix TLJ and the second half is the conclusion to the fix.

I will see the movie soon, but ROS doesn’t contain Batuu so there’s no meaningful connection to Galaxy’s Edge.

TLJ ended with Luke starting the spark which will ignite the rebellion. We see Force users are awakening and have heard the legend of Skywalker. We have Kylo humiliated in front of the First Order and looking for revenge. We have our small band of fighters limping off to continue the fight. We have Rey contemplating Kylos philosophy of letting the past die and the fate of the Jedi being in her hands and Yoda putting forth the idea that The Force needs to evolve beyond dogmatic doctrines.

I was so excited to see where this next Star Wars took us. For once, I didn't have a clue where they were going next. Johnson took a franchise which had grown repetitious and injected new life into. Sadly, JJ ignored everything Johnson set up and gave us a muddy remake of Return of the Jedi that makes no bloody sense.

RobWDW1971

THAT is a shock to me - thought for sure they would shoehorn in a synergy tie-in with the parks and Batuu, perhaps in Mandalorian.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Saw it again today and the second viewing was much better than the first. Picked up on a lot more details and actually felt more "emotion" towards certain events. Probably my favorite of the trilogy.
I agree. I think it is my favorite of the sequel trilogy. It just felt good.

mickEblu

Saw it again today and the second viewing was much better than the first. Picked up on a lot more details and actually felt more "emotion" towards certain events. Probably my favorite of the trilogy.

I feel the same. Except I felt this way on the first viewing. I’m probably going to see it one more time on the big screen.

Communicora

Premium Member
I'm going to see it again tomorrow. I am excited despite my disappointment with the film overall.

I'm even inspired to watch the prequels again for the first time since they've been in the theater.

Ismael Flores

Well the movie did pretty well Christmas Day and seems to be holding quite well. Critics might have destroyed it but audience seems to be warming up to it. It would amaze me that any star wars fan would just avoid it completely especially since its the last movie that has any connection to the original characters.

Texas84

You must be in the park to get in a group. When your group is called you walk right in and walk through the queue. Short wait to board each element unless someone messed up and created a backlog.

truecoat

I doubt I'll watch these 3 Star Wars movies much if ever again. I couldn't make it through The Last Jedi a second time and ROS is convoluted mess trying to clean a bunch of conflicting plot points. I'm not even sure what the point of these three movies are except money grabs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom