Star Wars Rise of the Resistance Discussion

mnelson3

Advertisement
Are they expected to be doing any previews for this or just hard open?

Darkbeer1

rumor is there is going to be passholder preview first.
Once again, it depends on testing. The CM's go first, as the state allows them to ride prior to state approval. If that goes well, Disney MIGHT offer them, but only after the peak Christmas/New Year crowds. So not a big window. Probably unannounced, if you are in the land, you might get to ride.

With the summer fiascos regarding reservations, seriously doubt they will set up AP registrations.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Once again, it depends on testing. The CM's go first, as the state allows them to ride prior to state approval. If that goes well, Disney MIGHT offer them, but only after the peak Christmas/New Year crowds. So not a big window. Probably unannounced, if you are in the land, you might get to ride.

With the summer fiascos regarding reservations, seriously doubt they will set up AP registrations.
I was just repeating a rumor that others have said on here. just a rumor nothing confirmed.

Smooch

What criticisms do you think are going to be frequent?

I wouldn't be surprised to hear these:
  • barren
  • sterile
  • unnecessarily projection heavy
  • very limited use of animatronics
The story / lack of OT characters but that's the land as a whole. I honestly have high hopes for this ride, while I might have preferred the story to not only contain sequel characters the sets I have seen as well as the ambition of the concept of the ride seem like the execution will at least be very impressive. I am excited to see what kind of criticisms do come out though especially if the ride is seen as a big success I wonder what the reception is going to be like.

Captn EO

Original Poster
What criticisms do you think are going to be frequent?

I wouldn't be surprised to hear these:
  • barren
  • sterile
  • unnecessarily projection heavy
  • very limited use of animatronics
Too many people yelling at me while I'm trying to enjoy a ride. (aka the Incredicoaster problem).

Imagine if modern Disney made pirates:
"OH MY GOD WE'RE GOING DOWN A DROP, HOLD ON EVERYBODY!"
"SKELETONS? I THINK WE BETTER TURN AROUND"
"WATCH OUT FOR THAT CANNON FIRE"
"Lets take a detour to this village, this looks nice and peaceful"
"OH NO THEY'RE DROWNING THAT MAN!"
"EXPLOSIVES IN BARRELS? This is not good. THIS IS NOT GOOD!"

I wish I could just go on the Cars ride without Cars talking every second. The ride should just let you drive through the scenery and have a few run ins with cars, instead it's constant dialogue besides the beginning and the area between the grass cutter and Radiator Springs.

The only time I will accept dialogue is hyperspace mountain which is recreating a squadron coordinating an attack, and it does not literally tell you exactly what is going on besides one line "Watch out for those blasters".

Last edited:

DLR>WDW

There was a patent for that somewhere.
Ah yes, I remember. Interested to see how that’ll turn out. What I meant to allude to was the explosions those blasts will create. While pyro isn’t unheard in a theme park attraction (Universal Studios Tour), it seems a bit unlikely.

2C5DD3C5-9B3E-4420-809F-1D89C68583AE.jpeg

Epcot_Imagineer

It could be those spark generators that Universal's Backdraft used.
There will be no pyro effect at all. maybe with projection mapping but never with a pyro that close to riders. nope.
There is the possibility of cold sparks...
. Works using pellets of various materials that light up when combined but don't actually produce any sort of heat. I'm not saying definitively if there are sparks or not -- just that it is very possible. This tech was talked about on the WDW side and has been used in indoor rides before.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The D23 footage contradicts you. More than once.
you mean the PROMO D23 FOOTAGE THAT CONTAINS THE CLEARLY CGI AT-AT HEADS AND THE CGI KYLO SABER THAT ATTACKS THE GUEST? and shows a hologram of VI when it has been confirmed it will be Rey? Oh yeah. let's take that at it's face value shall we?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

There is the possibility of cold sparks...
. Works using pellets of various materials that light up when combined but don't actually produce any sort of heat. I'm not saying definitively if there are sparks or not -- just that it is very possible. This tech was talked about on the WDW side and has been used in indoor rides before.
you will never see that near any guests. too great of a insurance risk.

Top Bottom