Star Wars Land

bgraham34

Yep seems to be the Disney of today, while Universal is building at rapid rates. This is what year 3 now of the seven dwarfs coaster yet Universal built/opened transformers in under a year or so?

And not to mention the Springfield addition. While minor it does have some great theming.

bhg469

Lets think what do tea flavour is popular in around Morocco - Peppermint. Blue milk should taste of peppermint, perhaps a peppermint tea latte with food colouring.
It sort of reminds me of Thai iced tea. It has a vibrant orange color and has a really unique flavor. This could be a great opportunity to make something really tasty.

The Empress Lilly

The Disney Parks blog released food&beverage concept art!

admiral.jpg

My guess is that we won't hear anything for a while... with all the hype and super let down of Avatar land even though yes this is much more popular then that Disney may play this one close to the vest but that's just my opinion.

C.FERNIE

I think it will be a very very long time before they even make an anouncement and a very very very long time untill we see anything built, sadly :(

AEfx

I think it will be a very very long time before they even make an anouncement and a very very very long time untill we see anything built, sadly :(

And as much as I hate to think it, I feel like if they don't change their strategy, it's going to be as watered down, minimal, and rote as possible.

I hope with all my might they won't, but...well, we all know the track record of the last dozen years.

CinematicFusion

Richard Bilbao
Reporter-Orlando Business Journal

OK, before the hate mail fills my email inbox, The Walt Disney Co. has to have some plan for its Marvel and Star Wars brands for Orlando.

But am I the only one who is starting to feel like the bridesmaid and not the bride in the recent headlines regarding Disney attractions?

This is due to the fact that Disneyannounced a new Iron Man-themed ride in Hong Kong Disney set to open in 2016, as well as rumors surfacing now that Disneyland’s Tomorrowland could be in line for a Star Wars-themed renovation.

The news comes from theme park site, MiceChat, which said the park area will getan upgrade to resemble many iconic settings for the Star Wars film franchise.

The site said the expansion could include a “walk-through and meet ’n’ greet location” set within the Millennium Falcon, a dining facility themed after the popular Mos Eisley Cantina and speeder bike thrill ride.

With this news/rumors circling the Internet, I have to ask, “Where’s the love for Orlando, Disney?”

Many will point me toward the future Avatar expansion planned for Disney’s Animal Kingdom. But I say keep the wanna-be Smurfs and give me a Star Wars- or Marvel-based land.

Also, there is that whole legal issue of Universal’s Islands of Adventure being the only place this side of the U.S. to have Marvel characters, which limits what Disney can do at its highest-attended resort.

It really seems like Disney’s ability to capitalize on its popular properties like Star Wars and Marvel are handcuffed in Orlando.

Could they be working on something Star Wars-related? Sure, but right now it seems like all the attention is not in the good ol’ 407 area code.

So let me ask you this, business reader: Would it be a mistake not to bring these properties to Orlando, or is this just a way for Disney to diversify and maximize its overall products?

— Rich out

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Star Wars Land was debuted in 2015. That way both the film and the park can help promote each other.
Whereas, my family would be in front of recliner waving their hands in front of my glazed eyes, carefully stepping over the netbook I had let drop from left hand. My best guesstimate is that the surprise would render me comatose for 5.8 days and when I awoke my brain would have completely rejected and destroyed any memory I had of the new SW land in order to preserve what remained of my mental health.

RSoxNo1

Boy, Lou sure knows how to ask them hard-hitting questions.
Let's be honest, there wasn't a whole lot of information coming out of the Expo. If you wanted info you were going to get small pieces, and something like Admiral Snackbar would have been at the scale of something that they might have mentioned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom