Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

erasure fan1

Some fans wanted - possibly most, but Disney provided did provide elements from all parts of the saga.
There's the Falcon, and you can walk up to it enter the hallways that Han, Luke and Lei walked down, sit at the chess table - and even fly it.
There's Chewie.
There's an XWing.
There's R2D2.
There's a ride where you go inside a Star Destroyer.
Sorry some of the original characters are not here, but they are dead.
It would have been ridiculous for Disney to build a land based on the movies from some 40 years ago beloved though they may be.
Technically everything is an element from the OT. Keep in mind, if you are going to argue that the OT characters are dead, shouldn't that hold true for all trilogies? I won't go through all of the examples of ways to incorporate other eras of star wars as it has been broght up by myself and others numerous times. And like I said, it's not just the OT. Not having the Mandalorian walking around with a baby yoda, dreamfinder/figment style, is plain moronic. All signs point to the next set of movies being set in the old republic. So if it takes off, you have a billion dollar land you can't showcase the movies in? How does that make sense? And if you tell me they can retheme it, what was the point then. You should have just opened it up from the start.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
The best solution for Star Wars should’ve been a land where you can interact with characters from all eras due to how many generations the IP spans.

Come on my friend, this is done and dusted. How many more times must we go over the same ground?

I for one, am waiting for them to announce the TS restaurant...but that is just me... :)

RobWDW1971

Man you really do not like Chewie and R2-D2 do you? 2 of the most beloved characters from the saga that have appeared in more media than any other Star Wars characters. They just don't exist to you do they?

Oh wait you have to ignore them to constantly spew your tired "No OT Characters" agenda...

:rolleyes:
So your defense of banning the entire OT, prequels, Clone Wars, Mandalorian, Kenobi series, and endless future characters is Chewie and R2 - which are both Disney Star Wars characters (and yes obviously OT as well)?

That may be the most pathetic argument yet.

And here’s how R2 was presented two weeks ago when I was in DL - your childhood dreams come true kids!

The lengths people will go to rationalize and defend Disney on a billion land is astonishing.

C8E347CC-1F19-409B-963F-5F1E84724561.jpeg
8FE6AD7E-16DA-4C57-A16D-532396EE0728.jpeg
3C4BE12E-E30B-4F3C-86B8-4A8AECC7CF69.jpeg
16FE300F-94AB-449E-8D13-4ECBD6B170B1.jpeg

Last edited:

RobWDW1971

A relatively new coaster based on characters from a movie over 80 years old is one of the most popular rides in Magic Kingdom.

The best solution for Star Wars should’ve been a land where you can interact with characters from all eras due to how many generations the IP spans.
Agreed - simple survey to Disney, Star Wars, and general theme park fans as they enter the park:

Which of the below do you think you would enjoy more and would entice you to visit a Disney Star Wars land?

A land with attractions, merchandise, shows, and meet and greet characters with:

A) Rey, Chewie, Kylo Ren, Finn, Poe, BB8, and R2D2 (when not only for sale in a shop like every time I’ve ever been)

B) Rey, Chewie, Kylo Ren, Finn, Poe, BB8, R2D2, C3PO, Darth Vader, Luke, Leia, Han Solo, Yoda, Obi Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul, General Grevious, Anakin Skywalker, Padme, Admiral Ackbar, Count Dooku, Mace Windu, Boba Fett, Jabba the Hutt, Jango Fett, the Mandalorian, and Baby Yoda

Please select one of the above.

Hmmmmmmm....wonder what that percentage breakdown would be.....

Last edited:

999th Happy Haunt

Agreed - simple survey to Disney, Star Wars, and general theme park fans as they enter the park:

Which of the below do you think you would enjoy more and would entice you to visit a Disney Star Wars land?

A land with attractions, merchandise, shows, and meet and greet characters with:

A) Rey, Chewie, Kylo Ren, Finn, Poe, BB8, and R2D2 (when not only for sale in a shop like every time I’ve ever been)

B) Rey, Chewie, Kylo Ren, Finn, Poe, BB8, R2D2, C3PO, Darth Vader, Luke, Leia, Han Solo, Yoda, Obi Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul, General Grevious, Anakin, Padme, Admiral Ackbar, Count Dooku, Mace Windu, Boba Fett, Jabba the Hutt, the Mandalorian, and Baby Yoda

Please select one of the above.

Hmmmmmmm....wonder what that percentage breakdown would be.....
Go ride Star Tours man

Mike S

Where's the OT stuff in this land we knew was based off the ST movies since it was announced?

Are you asking why these complaints didn’t seem as abundant when the land was first announced and how we knew even back then that it’d be based on the ST?

Simple.

We hadn’t seen the movies yet and assumed they’d be good. Another point could be we knew the old 3 main heroes were coming back in the movies so maybe we’d see them in the land too in some capacity. We didn’t really know anything about anything when the land was first announced and the hype for TFA was sky high.

RobWDW1971

Are you asking why these complaints didn’t seem as abundant when the land was first announced and how we knew even back then that it’d be based on the ST?

Simple.

We hadn’t seen the movies yet and assumed they’d be good. Another point could be we knew the old 3 main heroes were coming back in the movies so maybe we’d see them in the land too in some capacity. We didn’t really know anything about anything when the land was first announced and the hype for TFA was sky high.
Or if they actually built the land we saw in the concept art instead of the abandoned, boring, and baffling Batuu, people wouldn’t be as disappointed.

999th Happy Haunt

Simple.

Most people agree Avatar wasn’t that great of a movie, yet Pandora is an incredibly well received land. Splash Mountain is based off a movie almost nobody riding it today has seen, and it is one of the most well known rides anywhere. You can’t judge a land by what movie it’s based on. The truth is Disney did an excellent job with the details and scale of the land, Rise of the Resistance is one of the best rides in the world, Falcon is a solid complimentary ride, and this land has more walk around characters than any other land at the moment. But apparently none of that matters and it’s all garbage because toxic Star Wars fans can’t accept it was never meant to be based on “their” movies in the first place. Shame.

Mike S

Most people agree Avatar wasn’t that great of a movie, yet Pandora is an incredibly well received land. Splash Mountain is based off a movie almost nobody riding it today has seen, and it is one of the most well known rides anywhere. You can’t judge a land by what movie it’s based on. The truth is Disney did an excellent job with the details and scale of the land, Rise of the Resistance is one of the best rides in the world, Falcon is a solid complimentary ride, and this land has more walk around characters than any other land at the moment. But apparently none of that matters and it’s all garbage because toxic Star Wars fans can’t accept it was never meant to be based on “their” movies in the first place. Shame.
You obviously never read my thoughts on the rides. I love them both but it would still be nice to see the whole saga represented.

Also if it was only the small contingent of online toxic fans that didn’t like these movies we wouldn’t be in a situation where Rise of Skywalker, the grand conclusion of the whole saga, could end up either below or barely scrapping by the spinoff Rogue One at the worldwide box office 😉

erasure fan1

But apparently none of that matters and it’s all garbage because toxic Star Wars fans can’t accept it was never meant to be based on “their” movies in the first place. Shame.
Ugh, here we go again. Whats a shame is people like you still throwing around the "toxic fanbase" nonsense. The argument is about representation of the whole saga, not just one small part of it. But keep on spinning it when someone says more of all the things people love should be in the land.

tribbleorlfl

Ugh, here we go again. Whats a shame is people like you still throwing around the "toxic fanbase" nonsense. The argument is about representation of the whole saga, not just one small part of it. But keep on spinning it when someone says more of all the things people love should be in the land.
It's not nonsense, there IS an extremely toxic subset of the fandom. What is nonsense is denying that it exists.

Seriously, though, what exactly would you add to SWGE to "represent the whole saga?"

erasure fan1

It's not nonsense, there IS an extremely toxic subset of the fandom. What is nonsense is denying that it exists.

Seriously, though, what exactly would you add to SWGE to "represent the whole saga?"
EVERY fanbase has toxic fans, I've never denied they exist. The problem is when someone says, hey why isn't the Mandalorian walking around galaxys edge? Or why is there no restaurant? Or why didn't they have a force cave? The first thing that comes out is, "toxic fans" hate everything. Well guess what. The toxic fans are by FAR the minority and not the reason star wars has had issues. Go back and read the thread if you want to know ideas on what could have been done to expand the appeal of the land.

999th Happy Haunt

Avatar received high critical and audience scores.

Most people agree Avatar was a pretty good movie.
Just looked up some reviews online and I’m kind of shocked. Everyone that I’ve talked to about the land has said they don’t really like the movie that much but Pandora was incredible. I think I mixed up how popular the movie is with the actual quality of the movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom