Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

...it's a yungle

MFSR is not a C ticket. The letter system relates to the scope of the attractions and not the quality. It's very much an E-ticket... just not a very good one.
I always looked at the ticket booklets as desirability tickets, not scope tickets... E‘s most desirable and A‘s least
Ya got 4 A’s and 2 E’s in a booklet for a reason
Your opinion of MFSR as “not that good”, seems like its not very desirable to you, maybe a B ticket
Eye of the beholder kinda thing, I guess

Epcot_Imagineer

Coming to sit in on this thread for awhile as I'm really trying to not have RotR spoiled for me! I'm really curious for the next couple of days to see how the ride operationally affects the land... I wonder if there's any chance they'll have to reactivate the boarding parties.

Mike S

Coming to sit in on this thread for awhile as I'm really trying to not have RotR spoiled for me! I'm really curious for the next couple of days to see how the ride operationally affects the land... I wonder if there's any chance they'll have to reactivate the boarding parties.
I took a peek into the RotR thread out of curiosity and thankfully the thumbnails for the ride through videos only showed stuff I already knew about. If all goes well I’ll be riding either Friday or Saturday 😁

Jenny72

One thought about why the land may have not been an overwhelming success yet is the premise that we want to visit a world out of the Star Wars universe as ourselves. Didn't Universal try this at first with Harry Potter? To be realistic, the park guests were called muggles -- since obviously they are, in the world of HP. But no one who reads HP wants to be a muggle. My kid immediately wanted to know when his owl might arrive. We want to be wizards and witches, even if it's not realistic. Forget realism!

I don't want to be a plain Jane visitor to a Star Wars planet, I want to fight alongside Leia, or better yet, be Leia. I want Han Solo to secretly have a crush on me (well, maybe that's just me....) I don't want to go on a "realistic" errand to get fuel, I want to have the fate of the galaxy in my hands. So in some ways, immersion is only part of the point. I want to live a fantasy life (to the extent that's possible in a theme park). This is probably not true for everyone (I'm a bit of a nerd), but I think it may account for a little bit of the lackluster opinions.

Rich Brownn

One thought about why the land may have not been an overwhelming success yet is the premise that we want to visit a world out of the Star Wars universe as ourselves. Didn't Universal try this at first with Harry Potter? To be realistic, the park guests were called muggles -- since obviously they are, in the world of HP. But no one who reads HP wants to be a muggle. My kid immediately wanted to know when his owl might arrive. We want to be wizards and witches, even if it's not realistic. Forget realism!

I don't want to be a plain Jane visitor to a Star Wars planet, I want to fight alongside Leia, or better yet, be Leia. I want Han Solo to secretly have a crush on me (well, maybe that's just me....) I don't want to go on a "realistic" errand to get fuel, I want to have the fate of the galaxy in my hands. So in some ways, immersion is only part of the point. I want to live a fantasy life (to the extent that's possible in a theme park). This is probably not true for everyone (I'm a bit of a nerd), but I think it may account for a little bit of the lackluster opinions.
Its a bit confusing in HP -- sometimes your muggles and other times you're witches and wizard (like in Olliwanders or Gringotts)

sedati

Its a bit confusing in HP -- sometimes your muggles and other times you're witches and wizard (like in Olliwanders or Gringotts)
Well non-magical folk can have witches & wizards. There's name for them, but a foul one I dare not repeat. Or you can do what I did and pretend you're a Squib while in the land.

trainplane3

I can’t wait till they add this stuff in for everyone.
Same. Imagine Rey* and Kylo* lurking around the land, running into each other, a chase ensues to a stage, and then we get that. It'd feel much more natural then them appearing on stage randomly and swinging glow sticks at each other. But at this point I'll take anything to liven it up.

*Obviously stunt actors for something like this

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom