Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disney Analyst

Of course not - that’s why it is a “discussion group” - feel free to post your opinions as well!

Curious though, when people start posting “OMG!!! ROTR is exciting and the best ride Disney has ever done!!!”, will you reply to each of those positive posts with:

View attachment 430060

Of course not, because it is a non-value added response.

the real facts are, creatively and from a design standpoint, GE is one of the best themed lands built by Disney or any theme park.

GE suffers from some pretty dumb cuts, but can be improved. But when it comes to looking at it from a theme park perspective; it is a success.

I look at it as a Disney park fan, not as a Star Wars fan.

Bocabear

Of course not - that’s why it is a “discussion group” - feel free to post your opinions as well!

Curious though, when people start posting “OMG!!! ROTR is exciting and the best ride Disney has ever done!!!”, will you reply to each of those positive posts with:

View attachment 430060

Of course not, because it is a non-value added response.
EXACTLY! If all you want to see is corporate cheer leading go on over the the official Disney blog and enjoy their carefully edited and curated remarks... I like that we can discuss the good, the bad, and the Ugly here.
And how do we know that the Pixie Dusters posting here are not corporate plants trying to steer the narrative...It has already been disclosed that they do that.

LSLS

the real facts are, creatively and from a design standpoint, GE is one of the best themed lands built by Disney or any theme park.

GE suffers from some pretty dumb cuts, but can be improved. But when it comes to looking at it from a theme park perspective; it is a success.

I look at it as a Disney park fan, not as a Star Wars fan.

What are you using as the measurement?

Disney Analyst

What are you using as the measurement?

My eyes... and knowing what highly detailed and well themed lands look like. Cars Land, Pandora, Hogsmeade, Diagon, New Orleans Square. Batuu is a gorgeous land, themed impeccably. It is a triumph of themed design for a Theme Park.

We can argue about the missing elements that would make it shine brighter then the others, or how MF isn't maybe what people expected, or how it isn't the Star Wars direction people wanted, or how they botched the opening. These are all relevant discussion points, but from a Theme Park Design perspective, it is gorgeous and one of the top.

I will die on this cliff, alone if I must. Art is of course subjective, but I just can't see how anyone can not see that from a themed/design perspective, it is one of the best things built in a theme park.

LSLS

My eyes... and knowing what highly detailed and well themed lands look like. Cars Land, Pandora, Hogsmeade, Diagon, New Orleans Square. Batuu is a gorgeous land, themed impeccably. It is a triumph of themed design for a Theme Park.

We can argue about the missing elements that would make it shine brighter then the others, or how MF isn't maybe what people expected, or how it isn't the Star Wars direction people wanted, or how they botched the opening. These are all relevant discussion points, but from a Theme Park Design perspective, it is gorgeous and one of the top.

I will die on this cliff, alone if I must. Art is of course subjective, but I just can't see how anyone can not see that from a themed/design perspective, it is one of the best things built in a theme park.

So your eyes are the real facts?

Mike S

MFSR is not a C ticket. The letter system relates to the scope of the attractions and not the quality. It's very much an E-ticket... just not a very good one.
Speak for yourself. Sitting in that cockpit and pulling the lever for Hyperspace... unreal.

I’ve said it before that the rest of the land is very nicely detailed but the same feeling that hit me when first walking into Hogsmeade and/or Diagon Alley didn’t hit with Galaxy’s Edge until I walked into and flew the Falcon. I’m going up this weekend for Rise and can’t wait to fly the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy again :)

LSLS

Or just means you are blinded by something.

What your eyes tell you about something does not make it a fact. I could go into all sorts of examples from ancient times, but I don't really need to. Your opinion is valid, and probably shared by many who have been, but that does not make it a fact. I haven't been, and I don't have any plans to go any time soon, so I'm not even arguing that I don't think it is, just simply pointing out that is not a fact as you present it.

erasure fan1

I don't think you are alone. I don't see many saying that the land is bad because of the theme/design. What you tend to hear is, the land and theme looks amazing, but... That's when all the other stuff comes up.

Disney Analyst

I don't think you are alone. I don't see many saying that the land is bad because of the theme/design. What you tend to hear is, the land and theme looks amazing, but... That's when all the other stuff comes up.

Sure, and that's why I'm trying to separate the two. As some are trying to essentially say it is a creative disaster, which I think is incorrect.

If your a Star Wars fan, I can see how some don't see this is being successful or a win. If your a theme park fan or Disney park fan, this is nothing but a win for theme park design.

LSLS

Sure, and that's why I'm trying to separate the two. As some are trying to essentially say it is a creative disaster, which I think is incorrect.

If your a Star Wars fan, I can see how some don't see this is being successful or a win. If your a theme park fan or Disney park fan, this is nothing but a win for theme park design.

Some people believe that. It doesn't make their opinion on the land any more of a fact than yours. Disney Park fans could hate the land just as much as a Star Wars fan could love it. It is subjective. My only issue has been your use of the phrase "This is the real facts"

RobWDW1971

Some people believe that. It doesn't make their opinion on the land any more of a fact than yours. Disney Park fans could hate the land just as much as a Star Wars fan could love it. It is subjective. My only issue has been your use of the phrase "This is the real facts"

Disney would just be happy if anybody loved it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom