Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

drod1985

So,now that the land is up and running for normal guests, can someone indicate what degree of entertainment if any exists in the land? @wdwmagic perhaps?

1. What is the level of walk around characters and how much are they out or about? What are the different walk around characters featured?
2. Have there been or are there any "shows" on the ships or rooftops?
3. Is March of the First Order going on in the new land and, if so, how often/when?

Ideally someone with knowledge of the "official" levels comment as these threads often get bogged down with anecdotes from short periods of time.

1. I saw Vi three times, Rey and Chewie twice (probably because I only went to the Resistance forest twice), Stormtroopers several times, and Kylo at least twice.
2. No "shows" on rooftops that I saw, but there were Stormtroopers patrolling on top of the Speeder Garage and First Order Supply.
3. Never saw March of the First Order.

Navy Brat

We were lucky enough to use EMH to get into GE at 6 am yesterday. Wow. Totally geeked out over all the special details and seeing sunrise over the MF was spectacular. I know some people complain that there wasn’t enough of the original trilogy or didn’t recognize a lot of characters, but having watched The Clone Wars and Rebels with my 14 year old son, I loved seeing Hondo at the MF ride and saw plenty of other details that I instantly recognized. Blue milk tasted a bit citrusy but wasn’t bad, and we saw Rey and Chewbacca wandering around. Storm troopers were interacting with lots of people (demanding to know what they were recording and what type of droid I.e. cell phone they had). The First Order marched us early risers into the land, but I didn’t see them afterwards. Only complaint I have is I wanted more time in the MF cockpit. I know lots of people were waiting but it felt like we were rushed in and rushed out. Just maybe 10 seconds to look around before the ride started would have been great. Still loved every minute and will definitely go back. BTW - definitely think Hurricane Dorian scared away the Labor Day crowds. Most rides at MK, Epcot and HS were 10-15 minutes (didn’t make it to AK).

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Here is a terrible picture as we walked in with Rey & Chewy:

Stormtroopers were out and about during my 4.5 hour wait for the Falcon:

Here was R2 in the back room of Droid Depot (but as someone above said, that might have been the model for the $25k buyable version):

Kylo Ren and 2 Stormtroopers (there were 2) harassing a lady who just wanted some blue milk:

Chewy as we were leaving:

These are all Day 1 photos. In my 12 hours on Thursday, I saw Rey and Chewy 3 times; Vi twice; Kylo 3-4 times; and stormtroopers constantly. There were no shows to speak of. But there were constant patrols of two stormtroopers roaming the First Order and marketplace areas, and there were many times with them on the catwalks overlooking the land. I saw Vi in the marketplace and the Resistance Forest. Once I saw Vi, Rey and Chewy together in the Resistance Forest.

Timing is everything, but anyone who spent more than a couple of hours in the land and says they never saw a stormtrooper is either being hyperbolic, had their heads in their phones the whole time, or just had bad luck. In addition to the guys on the catwalk, I saw at least 3 patrols while waiting for Falcon, then probably 4-6 more - sometimes just the stormtroopers, sometimes with Kylo. They would mess with folks with their cameras out - "what are you doing with that communicator?"

bclane

So we’re having a great time here at in SWGE today. I honestly love this place more and more the longer I spend in it. It is pretty busy today in the parks even though the lines aren’t crazy which is kind of odd. We also stopped by AK and Epcot. Rode TOT and RR (25 min each) before coming over to this side of the park. Finally got to try blue and green milk. As a vegetarian I am used to plant based milks and actually like both of these just fine but don’t love either one. They are just kind of OK. I think the blue milk is better. Ran into one of my 7th graders who is having an absolute blast. Anyway, bright suns everyone.

Edit: here’s a couple pics of the single rider line for MFSR in case anyone’s curious what it looks like
A42C7BDE-EEBE-45CB-8A4E-8D678F129714.jpeg
3AFF2499-FB3E-48CC-AD0C-61657CBE4527.jpeg
:

Last edited:

NoChesterHester

I think it's a connection problem for those people. I will say the land has gotten its fair share of flack, but the visuals haven't really been part of that. You have to expect that doing what they did with a brand as iconic as star wars, there would be some who just don't connect with it. And that's fair in my opinion. There is a lot of, the land is ok, its good, because right now its incomplete. The land looks brilliant in pics and videos so I can only imagine what it will look like when I see it live. But I get how some might not feel the same because of being unfamiliar with the setting. Maybe the Mandalorian goes to black spire, or Obi-Wan or Cassian and K2so. Or better yet you see it in rise of skywalker. That would go a long way but I doubt it happens.
I'm hoping that the Mandalorian goes to Black Spire - I was saying that when my son showed me footage of it the other night.
It would be an excellent way to make a tie in.

Rumor is that both Mandolorian and Rise of Skywalker will have scenes on Battu.

Movielover

Did they purposely want the loud fans in the land to both cool people off and have some sort of ambiance sound? I'm hoping that made a little sense...

Well as a Star Wars fan myself I can certainly try to cool someone down, might have to get some ice or something....

As for creating sound I certainly am no Micheal Winslow but I can try my hand at the radar sound effects...

giphy.gif

;)

bclane

Did they purposely want the loud fans in the land to both cool people off and have some sort of ambiance sound? I'm hoping that made a little sense...
If you’re talking about the ones on the TSL entrance side, I was wondering about those myself. Maybe they are there to drown out the TSL sounds as you transition to SWGE??? 🤷‍♂️

Next Big Thing

I've spent two trips here and quite a few hours. It really hit me how unbalanced the park is now with the majority of the things to do in the park being on the left side. Also, walk through TSL and SWGE for a few hours and then come out onto Echo Lake and it really looks dated. That area is in need of HELP.

But what I really came to comment about was the lack of actual snack options on Batuu. Well, non-beverage snacks. I really enjoyed the Ronto Wrap, but that's not a snack. The only thing the land seems to have snack-wise is Kat Saka's Kettle and the Jerky at Ronto's. Unless I somehow have missed something, it was very noticeable as my family of four was starving for a snack and we couldn't find ANYTHING in the land.

This and the lack of entertainment really needs to be addressed. But at least I was seeing characters out and about. Even saw Chewie and Rey in the Black Spire area which I felt was odd as they normally stick to the Resistance Forest. But the droids and other things like that to make the land feel more like an actual Star Wars planet are really missing. Hopefully we get that stuff added one day.

ToTBellHop

I've spent two trips here and quite a few hours. It really hit me how unbalanced the park is now with the majority of the things to do in the park being on the left side. Also, walk through TSL and SWGE for a few hours and then come out onto Echo Lake and it really looks dated. That area is in need of HELP.

But what I really came to comment about was the lack of actual snack options on Batuu. Well, non-beverage snacks. I really enjoyed the Ronto Wrap, but that's not a snack. The only thing the land seems to have snack-wise is Kat Saka's Kettle and the Jerky at Ronto's. Unless I somehow have missed something, it was very noticeable as my family of four was starving for a snack and we couldn't find ANYTHING in the land.

This and the lack of entertainment really needs to be addressed. But at least I was seeing characters out and about. Even saw Chewie and Rey in the Black Spire area which I felt was odd as they normally stick to the Resistance Forest. But the droids and other things like that to make the land feel more like an actual Star Wars planet are really missing. Hopefully we get that stuff added one day.
Really? Echo Lake and Sunset Blvd are two of my favorite areas in the park.

Next Big Thing

Really? Echo Lake and Sunset Blvd are two of my favorite areas in the park.
I'm talking everything from MMRR over. So MMRR, TSL, SWGE, Grand Ave, Echo Lake, etc.

Yeah, two great attractions are down on Sunset, but those are literally the ONLY rides in the park not in the area that I outlined above. I consider all of that the "left side". Although MMRR could be considered the middle.

ToTBellHop

I'm talking everything from MMRR over. So MMRR, TSL, SWGE, Grand Ave, Echo Lake, etc.

Yeah, two great attractions are down on Sunset, but those are literally the ONLY rides in the park not in the area that I outlined above. I consider all of that the "left side". Although MMRR could be considered the middle.
I suspect we will find more balance by the mid-2020s.

To me, TSL is on the right. You turn right at Center Stage to get to it. So I count 5 rides to the right, MMRR in the center, and soon 3 rides to the left.

Next Big Thing

I suspect we will find more balance by the mid-2020s.

To me, TSL is on the right. You turn right at Center Stage to get to it. So I count 5 rides to the right, MMRR in the center, and soon 3 rides to the left.
You literally have to go in the park and take a left to get to TSL and it's actually fairly far over there.

Either way, there's a lot of backstage space near Sunset that can be used for new rides or future expansion down the line. I really hope they are trying to figure out a plan for Animation bc that area is a thematic mess right now and to blunt, a giant waste of space both on stage and off.

mikejs78

Premium Member
You literally have to go in the park and take a left to get to TSL and it's actually fairly far over there.

Either way, there's a lot of backstage space near Sunset that can be used for new rides or future expansion down the line. I really hope they are trying to figure out a plan for Animation bc that area is a thematic mess right now and to blunt, a giant waste of space both on stage and off.
You go in the park towards the theater (center), take a right towards Animation Courtyard, go down the steps / ramp, pass One Man's Dream, and there's TSL.

I agree with @Mansionbutler - right side of the park has TSL (Alien, TSMM, Slinky), and Sunset (RnRC, ToT). So 5 rides. Left side will have ST, Rise, and MF. So 3 rides. Mickey is Center.

Next Big Thing

You go in the park towards the theater (center), take a right towards Animation Courtyard, go down the steps / ramp, pass One Man's Dream, and there's TSL.

I agree with @Mansionbutler - right side of the park has TSL (Alien, TSMM, Slinky), and Sunset (RnRC, ToT). So 5 rides. Left side will have ST, Rise, and MF. So 3 rides. Mickey is Center.
If we're gonna go by that, i'd argue half of TSL is actually on the left side as Saucers is extremely close to the Galaxy's Edge entrance.

Next Big Thing

Fine

Fine, but you need a dividing line somewhere and I'd say the boundary between TSL and GE is a good one. But I won't quibble about one ride.
My issue with saying SWGE is the beginning of the right side is that it's so far over already. But this conversation is really pointless.

The real point of my comment was the LACK OF SNACKS in the freakin land. I'm very disappointed about the food options outside of Docking Bay 7 and Ronto's. There needs to be something more to snack on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom