Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I get that this site isn’t a reputable source but I need to ask the insiders on everything. A certain news site that posts wdw news...today (wink) has reported that the cantina has max occupancy of 30. Apparently the sit down portion will not be ready for galaxy edge’s opening and will open with rise of resistance. Is their any truth to this I don’t really buy the whole “budget cuts” excuse. Another thing mentioned is that their is a 1hr time limit on guests (which I can see being true) It won’t effect me since I’m going in January when the kinks have (hopefully) been largely ironed out. Not sure if this can also effect HWS.

I usually don’t like tagging people but here goes @marni1971 @MisterPenguin

They were right with the Epcot entrance.
They’d have to be quick. The last lot of aerials I saw show the TSR hasn’t broken ground yet. RotR would open well before the TSR even if construction began tomorrow.

dothebrdwalk

They’d have to be quick. The last lot of aerials I saw show the TSR hasn’t broken ground yet. RotR would open well before the TSR even if construction began tomorrow.

Did they not say there wouldn't be a Traditional TSR during all the press tours at the beginning of last month?

Surferboy567

I think it’ll allow them to cycle people through the land faster, and they won’t have to deal with people demanding to be let into the land at capacity because they have dining reservations.

I’m confused though are their actually reservations? This is a non traditional TSR and is bacially overflow so I’m not sure if their are reservations. If their are reservations, then I can definitely agree with your argument.

I’m confused though are their actually reservations? This is a non traditional TSR and is bacially overflow so I’m not sure if their are reservations. If their are reservations, then I can definitely agree with your argument.
Oh I hadn’t heard about it being non traditional. I just assumed they were waiting because they didn’t want to deal with reservations and so on. Even if they weren’t taking reservations, it would still extend people’s time in Galaxy’s Edge which would affect capacity.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

I’m confused I thought there was only the canteen and a quick service. Is there a TS planned?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
According to that same site budget cuts are happening already to Star Wars Land. So typical, so expected, so Iger!

I’ve never understood the deference to the bean counters. Are they afraid they that over budget? Or afraid that they won’t recoup any of these expenses? It’s funny how the first response is to dumb down and cut the guest experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom