Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

IMDREW

I know it's been said that possible SW:GE expansion (third ride) would be next to the MMRR show building, but isn't there much more space between TSL and the MF attraction for a possible third attraction?

drod1985

I know it's been said that possible SW:GE expansion (third ride) would be next to the MMRR show building, but isn't there much more space between TSL and the MF attraction for a possible third attraction?

I would assume the problem with the space between TSL and the MF attraction is that it'll still be used for backstage area. If it's not reserved for backstage area then GE doesn't have direct access to much backstage area at all.

briangaw

The area along the toy story entrance seems more like it will have terraced planting. A waterfall needs a pool to collect in, and I don't see any sign on that.

Here's your cylinders at the bottom center (courtesy of OC Register)
0714_nws_ocr-l-d23swland-095.jpg

I agree that most of it will be terraced planting. But this zoom in from a July 6th @bioreconstruct image gave the look of perhaps some sort of waterfall as there seemed to be a pool beginning. They do have scaffolding over it all now.
1533141421831.png

And awww yes knew some great poster here would have some insight into the model and correlate the cylinders. Just intrigued they are concrete forming them and they will not just be set pieces.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Not sure if this gives anything away but Free Dining Bouceback dates are out for Fall 2019 and the majority of Sept is not included. Possibly hinting that Fall 2019 opening is mid Sept.?

The bounceback is good for trips where you must CHECK IN on one of the following 2019 dates:
May 28 - June 4
June 28 - Sept 7
Dec 6 - Dec 24

sedati

I agree that most of it will be terraced planting. But this zoom in from a July 6th @bioreconstruct image gave the look of perhaps some sort of waterfall as there seemed to be a pool beginning. They do have scaffolding over it all now.
View attachment 299987

And awww yes knew some great poster here would have some insight into the model and correlate the cylinders. Just intrigued they are concrete forming them and they will not just be set pieces.
Good catch!

sedati

Sure this has been posted somewhere previously, but I've been curious about the structures that had their back to us on the model.
1533166597833.png

Which from the trading card set seems to be a speeder garage (and probably shop)
Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 7.29.28 PM.png

I'm sure there will be speeders and droids spread throughout the land, but I want those beasts of burden that were promised.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sure this has been posted somewhere previously, but I've been curious about the structures that had their back to us on the model.
View attachment 300048
Which from the trading card set seems to be a speeder garage (and probably shop)
View attachment 300049

I'm sure there will be speeders and droids spread throughout the land, but I want those beasts of burden that were promised.
It should be beastly (if all goes to plan)

It’s also a sub station.

Next Big Thing

In theory it should only need to be used out of opening hours. Trash removal and Commissary/ Sci Fi deliveries.
That's a bad bet if you ask me and asking for operational issues. They're just too cheap to spend the money to build a bridge, which could easily be hidden by rockwork and trees. We could walk at grade while the road would use the bridge whenever they need to, which I assue you will be during park hours. They're putting a trash compactor back there for goodness sakes, those had to be emptied at least once per day during operating hours when I worked at MK.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That's a bad bet if you ask me and asking for operational issues. They're just too cheap to spend the money to build a bridge, which could easily be hidden by rockwork and trees. We could walk at grade while the road would use the bridge whenever they need to, which I assue you will be during park hours. They're putting a trash compactor back there for goodness sakes, those had to be emptied at least once per day during operating hours when I worked at MK.
Can’t disagree.

biggy H

Then again they could be new versions with a higher capacity so don't need emptying so often?? Who knows....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom