Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Marc Davis Fan

Pandora looks awful as you enter DAK. You can see the backside of the rock work attached to the building as well as the rocks on a stick. Not to mention a good chunk of the show building. I’m always surprised it’s left the way it is.

I agree. Just over a decade ago, Disney appeared to view the visability of the back of EE as a serious issue, repainting it several times, etc. Have they changed their policy and just given up on sightlines from outside of the parks?

Edit: Hopefully Mr. Penguin is right about the berm. Better late than never. I hope there’s also a planned solution to the visibility of DL’s SWGE show buildings from the Mickey and Friends garage.

Jason Lake

A couple of things....

Why wouldn’t Disney work with Coke to come up with some type of SW themed beverages? Because if all they have are blue and green milk, YIKES…. And hopefully water (fingers crossed). Dose SW have any other cannon beverages?

Lastly, we all know (hope) that GE is going to be AMAZING but really how amazing and immersive is it going to be…. When thousands upon thousands of people are visiting at one time, it a disaster waiting to happen. I mean really can you actually imagine the wait time to get in GE let alone actually ride something. HP land is pretty great but SW has a much greater fandom (my personal opinion) and larger fan base that are just clamoring for something like this. So, what actually do you think Disney has planned to control the park guests and wait times? I honestly cannot think of what they are going to do…

Rteetz

A couple of things....

Why wouldn’t Disney work with Coke to come up with some type of SW themed beverages? Because if all they have are blue and green milk, YIKES…. And hopefully water (fingers crossed). Dose SW have any other cannon beverages?

Lastly, we all know (hope) that GE is going to be AMAZING but really how amazing and immersive is it going to be…. When thousands upon thousands of people are visiting at one time, it a disaster waiting to happen. I mean really can you actually imagine the wait time to get in GE let alone actually ride something. HP land is pretty great but SW has a much greater fandom (my personal opinion) and larger fan base that are just clamoring for something like this. So, what actually do you think Disney has planned to control the park guests and wait times? I honestly cannot think of what they are going to do…
I don't think its so much that Coke isn't wanted in the land its that they don't want the logo in the land. They want the land thematically appropriate and coke isn't in the star wars universe.

Second, I would imagine at first they will limit the amount of people in this land to help with the experience. Having wall to wall people isn't going to make anyones experience good. I also expect to see lots of add ons or hard tickets for people to get access to attractions and the land itself.

Marc Davis Fan

Having wall to wall people isn't going to make anyones experience good. I also expect to see lots of add ons or hard tickets for people to get access to attractions and the land itself.

I’m not usually one for this type of hard-ticket event, but I’ll admit that I would definitely pay (a reasonable amount) for something like 2-hour early-morning access with a limited number of people.

po1998

A couple of things....

If this is true, it's just ridiculous. No Coke because the signage or drink itself doesn't fit the theme? But it will be okay to serve Dasani water bottles on the outpost or whatever you call the place this land is based on? They serve Dasani there?

winstongator

A couple of things....

At least for WDW-goers, you'll have the few months at DL to base our expectations on. I think somehow they'll control the lines so that they don't have a situation like FoP where there are lines all throughout Pandora. GE is going to be about a lot more than just the rides - as HP world is. Will they restrict access at the entry points? That will stink for those that get to the park late. Will the DS area hotels still have EMH then? If they do restrict access to GE, I could see that area filling up quickly and the people staying there all day, so that one might wait hours outside. How about a virtual queue, where they'd message you on the app when you could enter GE? You'd scan your band or ticket to claim your spot.

Think about the problem from the flip side. A land is projected to be so popular that crowd management is needed to maintain guest experience.

rocketraccoon

I don't see the brand itself being in the land, and maybe there won't be stands selling bottles like outside the land, but I'm sure you'll be able to get your Coke or lemonade or whatever at the restaurants.

Laurenslo

Why couldn't the coke signs just be in aurebesh? Red background, white lettering, and everyone would still know what it was. Similar to the outpost below (minus the words in english)
1523549588172.png

LukeS7

If this is true, it's just ridiculous. No Coke because the signage or drink itself doesn't fit the theme? But it will be okay to serve Dasani water bottles on the outpost or whatever you call the place this land is based on? They serve Dasani there?
Dasani is owned by the Coca-Cola company. I'd assume any deal to remove branding would be all encompassing and include all of their products.

po1998

Dasani is owned by the Coca-Cola company. I'd assume any deal to remove branding would be all encompassing and include all of their products.
So what exactly are they going to sell to drink at food carts in the middle of summer when the temps and humidity are both 90+?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom