Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Goofyernmost

LMA wasn't lightly attended. It was expensive to run.
Again we differ on things based, perhaps, on when we went there. With the exception of the first year I never saw the stadium more then 3/4 full Most of the time barely half full. Cost of operation is another different factor, but, based somewhat on attendance. Two different reasons, not lets forget one so that we can focus on the other. Yes, it was very expensive to run and obviously considered not worth the effort and cost to maintain. Either way replacing it with Star Wars is a very smart thing and cannot be considered a negative change.

Goofyernmost

I trust you'll understand I don't have to base figures such as these on personal recollection.
Of course I remember that Martin. I also have some knowledge based on "personal recollection" which I will rely on long before I will totally accept the numbers written down by people with a biased need to justify their actions or arguments. I admitted that I wasn't there everyday, so it is logical to assume the if the cost of operating this show did not justify the continuation of the show, then the show is going to go. If it were considered a profitable expense you can be sure that it would not be gone now. However, the space is being used in a much better way and in one that will draw many more people then the stunt show ever did, so, if the cost is the reason... it is a good one.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Current progress on the Battle ride from Bioreconstruct on Twitter. Steel appears to be about 4 months behind DL, the round feature on the left about 5 months behind.

upload_2017-8-5_12-21-5.png

Ryan H. Serowinski

Off-Topic:
It looks like since the SWGE area attractions are being built, sadly to make room, they might have to demolish the former P&F meet, meaning that my wishful thinking of having them transform that former meet into a meet for SVTFOE have gone down the drain(possibly demolished for a CM entrance or something. :bored:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Off-Topic:
It looks like since the SWGE area attractions are being built, sadly to make room, they might have to demolish the former P&F meet, meaning that my wishful thinking of having them transform that former meet into a meet for SVTFOE have gone down the drain(possibly demolished for a CM entrance or something. :bored:

Yeah, that area is going to be back stage for SWGE, so, sorry, it's gone for good.

Amidala

Off-Topic:

Off topic, but I'm shocked that SVTFOE and Gravity Falls don't have a larger presence in the parks, especially when Disney Channel properties like Phineas and Ferb and Descendants are fairly prominent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom