Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Earl Sweatpants

Maybe I'm misreading this. Are you saying that the berm in and out of SWE to TSL will be constructed next, or that TSL will be partially demolished for more Star Wars space?
I could be wrong, but I read it as, once they decide they want to expand SWL, TSL would be on the chopping block for land usage.

Tavernacle12

Toy Story Land does feel temporary comparatively (like Storybook Circus), I'm assuming if it comes to it Mania will be maintained and Slinky rethemed with only the Aliens ride being demolished. Maybe theoretically the Alien ride could be moved? I can't imagine Mania being removed.

DlpPhantom

Star wars Atat (2).PNG
Could those be the framework for At-At's

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Maybe I'm misreading this. Are you saying that the berm in and out of SWE to TSL will be constructed next, or that TSL will be partially demolished for more Star Wars space?
I read it as, the berm and backstage areas would be next for expansion areas... after that they'll take TSL. Which why not Muppets Courtyard? Could MC be safe because of future plans with Star Tours and Indy area becoming something bigger and needing a buffer?

jaxonp

Looking into the future:

Muppets 3D will undoubtedly become more popular once SWE Opens and it will be needed to eat up people in the area which it will do just fine. Muppets will be a popular area again. I'm more interested in what the long term plans are for the Indian Jones area of the park. Wouldn't it be amazing if they built a modern version of Disneylands masterpiece? Maybe make it a boat ride like Shanghai Pirates but themed through some Indiana jones jungle and temple. Could be great.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
What's interesting is the renders appear to be OT AT-AT's. Since this is "Escape from the First Order," I would think they'd have updated designs like the Troopers, Ties and Star Destroyers. Of course, they also likely just used the OT design to obscure what the FO AT-AT's look like.

I am glad I'm not the only one who had a thought about the cannon timeline issue with the AT-AT design!

doctornick

FWiW, in the long term, after the berm and backstage spots, TSL is next in line for SWE expansion.

That's interesting, but somewhat disappointing in my mind. First of all, DHS needs all the capacity it can get and in general I hate the principle of replacing rather than expanding. Even if TSL is kinda lame, why not keep TSL and expand Star Wars into backstage areas or parking?

Also, if there was additional land added for Star Wars, I'd prefer it not be adjacent, but on another part of the park with a Hogwarts Express type ride/connector between the sections.

Nonetheless, this is so far off as to be pointless discussion. As mentioned, if there's even a single expansion, it will go in the berm area that is allocated as an expansion plot first. An TDO was too cheap to have a simple third ride for the land; no reason to think they'd ever spend the money on a massive expansion that would take over the TSL plot

DDLand

FWiW, in the long term, after the berm and backstage spots, TSL is next in line for SWE expansion.
Is this part of the reason we ended up getting the Toy Story Land 2.0 downgrade versus the initial concept art?

This makes sense but is also mind blowing. That's enough space for several E Tickets.

Could we see a return of Pixar Place to access TSMM if they decide to move in?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom