Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Steel City Magic

By the time this land opens, all three movies from the trilogy will have opened!
5ed723c8b6c90f847b489cb6073b8c4c.jpg

FigmentForver96

what exactly has proven that they CANT make jaw dropping lands?
Well New Fantasyland wasn't exactly the blow away of all lands.

Storybook Circus is a rehash of the tents, coaster and they simply moved the Dumbo. I'll admit I do enjoy the area at night.

Mine train could be considered to be taking the place of what was once 20,000 leagues under the sea. The ride was hacked to death that the final version, while cute, is a far cry from jaw dropping and def doesn't serve as the E-Ticket center piece for the land.

Little Mermaid is a clone and not even that great of a clone. The queue is forever long and filled with more detail then the ride.

The main castle is miniature and the forced perspective only works in a few places.

Enchanted Tales with Belle is just an updated meet and greet. So yea the land is ok and we needed the capcity but they did nothing totally mind blowing with it

KingOfEpicocity

Well New Fantasyland wasn't exactly the blow away of all lands.

Storybook Circus is a rehash of the tents, coaster and they simply moved the Dumbo. I'll admit I do enjoy the area at night.

Mine train could be considered to be taking the place of what was once 20,000 leagues under the sea. The ride was hacked to death that the final version, while cute, is a far cry from jaw dropping and def doesn't serve as the E-Ticket center piece for the land.

Little Mermaid is a clone and not even that great of a clone. The queue is forever long and filled with more detail then the ride.

The main castle is miniature and the forced perspective only works in a few places.

Enchanted Tales with Belle is just an updated meet and greet. So yea the land is ok and we needed the capcity but they did nothing totally mind blowing with it

But was NFL supposed to be a jaw dropping land? I mean it's beautifully designed and crafted, but very basic underneath. If it was supposed to be Carsland level of scale then I would call it a let down. I mean Lumieres AA was enough to send my jaw to the floor. The circus is flat, but I don't see your point. And not to get off topic, but why are so many people disappointed with new fantasyland?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
But was NFL supposed to be a jaw dropping land? I mean it's beautifully designed and crafted, but very basic underneath. If it was supposed to be Carsland level of scale then I would call it a let down. I mean Lumieres AA was enough to send my jaw to the floor. The circus is flat, but I don't see your point. And not to get off topic, but why are so many people disappointed with new fantasyland?

I think for the most part people thought the land looked great, but were disappointed in the content. The land only has two new rides, Mermaid which is a clone of a ride that a lot of people feel is flawed to begin with and the Mine Ride which people feel is to short to really be a home run and we had to loose Snow White Scary Adventure to get it. Of course I think people would have been even more disappointed with the original plans for the land.

Personally I like the expansion, and enjoy both Mermaid and the Mine Ride, but I definitely think it could have been better. It took up a lot of time and space for a net gain of only one ride from what it was right before construction start.

There is an entire sub-forum of discussion on this here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/forums/fantasyland-expansion.126/

KingOfEpicocity

I think for the most part people thought the land looked great, but were disappointed in the content. The land only has two new rides, Mermaid which is a clone of a ride that a lot of people feel is flawed to begin with and the Mine Ride which people feel is to short to really be a home run and we had to loose Snow White Scary Adventure to get it. Of course I think people would have been even more disappointed with the original plans for the land.

Personally I like the expansion, and enjoy both Mermaid and the Mine Ride, but I definitely think it could have been better. It took up a lot of time and space for a net gain of only one ride from what it was right before construction start.

There is an entire sub-forum of discussion on this here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/forums/fantasyland-expansion.126/

Well mermaid isn't an E ticket but I think the FL version is great and I honestly would have it over Snow White. As for SDMT, a great looking ride, but short because it had to be. Does this mean we can move on?

Mike S

To add to what @danlb_2000 said the plans for Tokyo's New Fantasyland also show how poor ours is.
beauty-beast-tokyo-disneyland-new-fantasyland-620x418.png

BATBA489674.jpg

In addition to this B&tB E Ticket an Alice E Ticket is rumored as well. There's also rumors of an Arendelle expansion for DL's Fantasyland that will feature the same E Ticket coming to TDS.

In MK we got the extremely short end of the stick.

Last edited:

DinoInstitute

Well mermaid isn't an E ticket but I think the FL version is great and I honestly would have it over Snow White. As for SDMT, a great looking ride, but short because it had to be. Does this mean we can move on?
I agree LM is probably a better attraction than SWSA, but what do you mean 7D was short because it had to be? :confused:

KingOfEpicocity

I agree LM is probably a better attraction than SWSA, but what do you mean 7D was short because it had to be? :confused:

Besides the plans were changed as last minute as they could be from a meet and greet to the coaster. They had very limited time and space. Plus, if they put too much coaster in there it would look unnatural. The whole SDMT project was a headache to get done.

DinoInstitute

Besides the plans were changed as last minute as they could be from a meet and greet to the coaster. They had very limited time and space. Plus, if they put too much coaster in there it would look unnatural. The whole SDMT project was a headache to get done.
But as mentioned above the original plans were infact much bigger. They just got cut. And I don't really think limited time was an issue, if it was then they already missed the mark completely :p

I mean I appreciate 7DMT for what it is, but IMO the excuses don't really change anything for the quality of the attraction.

Siren

While I can't say for certain I think the new rides will focus on the new trilogy. I believe Star Wars Land had been planned for years ago but was held off and redesigned because the company wanted to tie in the new trilogy.
Hi @Darth Sidious! I'll be happy with just one of the rides based on the new trilogy and the other ride should be centered around TFA because I really want to see BB8 and the chrome stormtrooper.

JohnWD

I am interested to see how Mermaid looks with it's most recent updates. SDMT didn't have to be as short as it is, the original designs had it longer.
This is OT, but I love LM, and was on the MK LM in June, and the DCA LM a couple of weeks ago. When was there an update? Did I already see it, or did I just miss it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom