Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Highlander12

If Star Tours is staying in both parkshow will DLR and DHS have identical SWL?
They'll most likely have very slight differences (Star Tours being one). Take Soarin' for example. Disney saved money by building a carbon copy of DCA's show building at Epcot. It's also the only building at Epcot built to withstand a moderate earthquake. It just makes financial sense to duplicate than pay to have unique architecture.

TheScreed

Has anyone reached out for a reaction from the people who said nothing was going to happen, a certain ex boyband member comes to mind.....sometimes it is good to gloat. This is one of them.

I thought his point was that people on this board would engage in an orgy of pant soiling over the vaguest of vaporware announcements. You might want to save your gloating, if not until you can be certain whether this press release turns into anything good, at least until they announce a date for it to open.

AEfx

I thought his point was that people on this board would engage in an orgy of pant soiling over the vaguest of vaporware announcements. You might want to save your gloating, if not until you can be certain whether this press release turns into anything good, at least until they announce a date for it to open.

No, the poster they are talking about has specifically said that "Iger" wouldn't spend one dime on the parks "EVER!" He's one of the "Darth Iger" types.

Apparently, he was incorrect.

aladdin2007

okay Im overwhelmed with all the announcements tonight and what not, but for the 2 star wars rides we dont really know what those exactly are goign to be yet right? are they two simulator type rides or something else? Theres so many pages in the thread trying to keep up

danlb_2000

Premium Member
okay Im overwhelmed with all the announcements tonight and what not, but for the 2 star wars rides we dont really know what those exactly are goign to be yet right? are they two simulator type rides or something else? Theres so many pages in the thread trying to keep up

Not details yet. All we know is that one will allow you to "fly the Millennium Falcon" and the other will take into a battle from Episode 7.

tirian

I am a bit disappointed in 'yet more rocks'.

Tomorrowland redo? Rocks
Mermaid ride? Rocks
BatB restaurant? Rocks
Snow kiddie coaster? Rocks
Tangled bathroom? Rocks
Star Wars? Rocks

Rocks rocks rocks....

It also makes the parks blur into each other, losing their clear separate identities. Their unique, sophisticated looks reworked into 'some IP ride hidden behind rocks'.
My thoughts exactly.

AEfx

We have no idea...I have a feeling the Falcon one will have some type of video screen thing going on, but the other one that takes place during a battle I'm hoping has more practical effects.

TalkingHead

I know but he did say we would see things like that in the land. It wasn't exclusive to the art.

This is also the resort that won't do roaming characters because of crowds. The concept art is merely meant to drum up interest and to give an idea of the atmosphere. I wouldn't trust any of the details, certainly not 5 years out.

polynesiangirl

6IWix9rla1dzq.gif

This is all I have to add...for now. :)

AEfx

This is also the resort that won't do roaming characters because of crowds. The concept art is merely meant to drum up interest and to give an idea of the atmosphere. I wouldn't trust any of the details, certainly not 5 years out.

While I agree we shouldn't focus on details, it sounds as if CM's will be dressed as "natives" as in, different species, etc. - so it's likely they could be depicting them, as well.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
While I agree we shouldn't focus on details, it sounds as if CM's will be dressed as "natives" as in, different species, etc. - so it's likely they could be depicting them, as well.
My guess is there will be a few highly themed/in character streetmosphere type characters and then the storyline will include that the working class are humans brought in to work the retail locations.

yensidtlaw1969

Tomorrowland redo? Rocks
Mermaid ride? Rocks
BatB restaurant? Rocks
Tangled bathroom? Rocks
Star Wars? Rocks

Rocks rocks rocks....

It also makes the parks blur into each other, losing their clear separate identities. Their unique, sophisticated looks reworked into 'some IP ride hidden behind rocks'.
I think "rocks" do a lot to create a sense of environment . . . but they need a lot more than just rocks in order to create a distinct environment. Trees, water, architecture . . . they need to be doing more. Star Wars looks like it has a lot going on besides the rocks. Avatar has its bioluminescence, but it remains to be seen if that will be enough. The model they're showing off this weekend is inspiring confidence within me. Cars Land is in at least some ways defined by the sheer amount of rock. It's really SO much; enough to an impression so striking it's almost absurd. You're right, though, it doesn't work if every addition is making that same "statement".

There's so much more to Design than just rocks.

ProjectXBlog

Tomorrowland redo? Rocks
Mermaid ride? Rocks
BatB restaurant? Rocks
Tangled bathroom? Rocks
Star Wars? Rocks

Rocks rocks rocks....

don't forget food rocks

The Empress Lilly

I think "rocks" do a lot to create a sense of environment . . . but they need a lot more than just rocks in order to create a distinct environment. Trees, water, architecture . . . they need to be doing more. Star Wars looks like it has a lot going on besides the rocks. Avatar has its bioluminescence, but it remains to be seen if that will be enough. The model they're showing off this weekend is inspiring confidence within me. Cars Land is in at least some ways defined by the sheer amount of rock. It's really SO much; enough to an impression so striking it's almost absurd. You're right, though, it doesn't work if every addition is making that same "statement".

There's so much more to Design than just rocks.
Yes, there are many great rocks too. I'm not a rockist, I mean, some of my best friends are rocks, but they ARE taking over the neighbourhood.

Don't need to be a rock it scientist for that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom