Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

sedati

Falling waters...

RobWDW1971

The thread about "when are you going to GE" is almost entirely positive.

It's telling that the thread that is positive is the one where nobody has experienced it yet and the negative one is for those that have. That thread should be called "Hope springs eternal"....

I was excited, positive, and optimistic too on May 2nd when I got my reservation. Then reality set in....

Last edited:

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
And as always, complaining about the complaining vs making a compelling case to why the things we are complaining about are actually incredible and amazing.

You know there’s a lot of grey area between horrible and amazing. Also why bother making a case with the people that have had their minds made up way ahead time? Waste of time.

Goodeone

And as always, complaining about the complaining vs making a compelling case to why the things we are complaining about are actually incredible and amazing.

That group absolutely refuses to see the merit behind any posts that doesn't reflect their own thoughts. People with positive things to say avoid those threads because they don't want to feel like they're bashing their head against a wall.

Don't come to this thread and attempt to turn it into Disneyland Reviews 2.0

The latest batch of aerials look great! At first glance it seems like the subtle differences from the west coast version are a bit of an improvement. There's a bit more variety in colour, which should help a bit to offset the beige.

Jones14

Subtle differences can make a lot of difference. This version of the land should start out with a denser forest, greater color contrast in the rockwork, expanded music, and real actors for Savi’s.

That’s going to make a better overall first impression than Disneyland’s did, regardless of how well or poorly one thinks of the land over there.

sedati

Sadly, for many here, the Dream Port will always be far away.

Certainly there are legit concerns and complaints, I for one am disappointed we haven't seen this yet:

I consider beasts of burden a mainstay of any Star Wars port of call, and hold out hope we may see some in the future.

Still, there's a reason why some of us have visited the alien moon of Pandora while others have simply gone to a jungle with some light-up plastic plants.

A child's imagination can be given this and have hours of fun:

Whereas many a Disney fan can take a seat here:

and think, "FAIL!" "MEH!" "How can I ever be fully immersed without a ramp?"
Ramp...
...ramp...
ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, RAMP!
RAMP!
RAMP!
RAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Ravenclaw78

Sadly, for many here, the Dream Port will always be very far away.

Certainly there are legit concerns and complaints, I for one am disappointment we haven't seen this yet:
View attachment 393839
I consider beasts of burden a mainstay of any Star Wars port of call, and hold out hope we may see some in the future.

Still, there's a reason why some of us have visited the alien moon of Pandora while others have simply gone to a jungle with some light-up plastic plants.

A child's imagination can be given this and have hours of fun:
View attachment 393840

Whereas many a Disney fan can take a seat here:
View attachment 393841
and think, "FAIL!" "MEH!" "How can I ever be fully immersed without a ramp?"
Ramp...
...ramp...
ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, RAMP!
RAMP!
RAMP!
RAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the color scheme and lusher landscaping of the DHS version, it's a vast improvement over DL's. And I don't care how much the ride sucks, let me sit in that incredible reproduction of the cockpit of the Falcon for 5 minutes and it will have been worth the trip. My childhood flashes past my eyes when I look at pictures like this one. I have to admit, I don't get the ramp joke, though.

WDW Pro

The issue in Hollywood Studios is going to be completely different. Whereas in Disneyland the audience response was an overwhelming meh, in DHS the are so few rides that anything new will be inundated with guests. While this will create likely 2 hour + waits for Falcon, it won't change that people have mostly found it to be less enjoyable than other big attractions. So now instead of "there's nobody here", we'll see "I waited longer than Flight of Passage for THAT".

doctornick

At the end of the day, what Star Wars ride would you have rather had. (No wrong answer)

1. A fully immersive dark/thrill ride featuring Han,Luke,Leia and their side kicks battling Darth Vader

2. Or same concept featuring Rey, Poe, Finn battling Ren?

Again, no wrong answer

In all honestly, I would take whichever one is a higher quality. I actually don't think the characters used would make much of a difference.

I have only seen Avatar once and couldn't name a single character in the movie and still loved Pandora as a land and FoP as an incredible ride. The IP is just a base and what is done with it is what matters.

In fact, I would argue that relying too heavily on the storyline of an IP is a detriment of an attraction. Gingrott's suffers from this where enjoying the ride is far too dependent on intimate knowledge of the source material. Star Tours and Forbidden Journey do a better job by being more "highlights" of their respective worlds that are generic enough to be enjoyed on some level without even knowing the source material.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom