Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'll just wear to Batuu what every middle class slob wears to the parks, something in black...

Last edited:

I am Timmy

So no wookie head? Dangit! Anyhoo, when I go to the DW website, there is a little blurb at the top warning of excessive crowds in HS and talk of not guaranteeing entry - into the park. I know there might be closure issues, just wondering how they will treat people who actually have FP to rides. Will there be a line separate for those who can show they have a FP, or do you all think it will be first come first served?

jaxj21

So no wookie head? Dangit! Anyhoo, when I go to the DW website, there is a little blurb at the top warning of excessive crowds in HS and talk of not guaranteeing entry - into the park. I know there might be closure issues, just wondering how they will treat people who actually have FP to rides. Will there be a line separate for those who can show they have a FP, or do you all think it will be first come first served?
Initially, there won't be any FP.

TJJohn12

I assume it would be like New Years Eve where you are out of luck if you take your time getting to the park and it’s closed because the park is at capacity.

That would assume this will court Phase 4 closures of DHS every day... which though I expect we see Phase 1-2 closures of the park, we will rarely see SWGE cause a Phase 4. Maybe on opening day and the week that follows? But I can’t see consistent Phase 4 closures of the park - SWGE will be close, but the rest of the park can eat people.

Phase 4s are so rare at WDW - I cant see Disney playing that card too often and having to deal with the on-site fallout.

[EDIT] Though in a Phase 2, Fastpass reservations alone won’t get you through the gates. So there’d still be some Customer Service issues there...

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yes they had capacity, and yes they had lengthy ride-times, but I think there is a justifiable expectation that something built today that is deserving of "E Ticket" status needs to be more than a sit-down walk-through. I believe the need for physical sensation in rides has gone up while the need for length has gone down.
Let's say Horizons, UOE, WOM, LWTL, TLS, ERDT, for whatever reason had terrible capacity resulting in regular waits in excess of two hours. Would they have sustained the demand beyond their newness in the way Pandora, Dwarf, and Toy Story had? Would the average guest have found them as re-rideable despite those longs waits?

Your argument basically boils down to "people need more thrills/excitement" today to be a success - I think attractions like POTC and HM show that not to be true. And that's not just nostalgia driven.

Immersion demands are up... but not necessarily thrills or action. Something like Soarin proved that in spades... it wasn't that the rocking seats, or height was so different... it was the EXPERIENCE.

Put someone in an environment with immersion and things to get them excited or engaged and it doesn't matter if you are in a fiberglass tub or not. It's about where your head and eyes go... more than where your bum sits.

drod1985

Lucasfilm has registered trademarks for some of the alcoholic beverages to be served in Galaxy's Edge. We knew a few of these from the marketing blitz a few weeks ago while a few are new.
  • White Wampa Ale (beer)
  • Gamorrean Ale (beer)
  • Gold Squadron Lager (beer)
  • Trandoshan Ale (beer)
  • Toniray (wine)
  • Andoan White (wine)
  • Corellian Red (wine)
  • Imperial Guard (wine)
  • Spice Runner Hard Cider (hard cider)
Source: Yakface

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom