Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

DisneyRoy

Do you expect we'll hear about it before the end of the year or will we have to wait until 2016?

I bet it will be next year. There is no reason to do it this year other than to appease the masses. They will wait until some more opportune time I think. Maybe even wait until D23 2017. Who knows.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well, that doesn't sound good. I'm wondering if the plan would be to just have the "river" as ambiance and cutting out the river traffic -- which would be bad for the kinetics and also would prevent them from hosting Fantasmic!.

I guess they could fill in the upper part of the water and then create a new water pathway over the middle of the island (cutting TSI to just the lower portion of it) in order to retain the water traffic, but that would be such a smaller route that I don't think it would go over well at all with the DL faithful.
Fantasmic! Would be safe. Eventually.

ctrlaltdel

That plan for DL is just awful. As much as people like to complain here about how DLR has it better, that is a travesty. They are gonna riot so bad out in Cali, Disney may just tear down Toontown instead. So glad that WDW is getting SWL in DHS.
3 is still being finalised in various ways. Expect it on the LMA and Cat Canyon area.
4 is not greenlit yet and won't be for some time.
So what does that mean for SoA? It seems like it won't be that affected by the construction for phases 1-3 if I understand you correctly. Is it safe for the time being, or will it become backstage space?

MaxW

i'm so hyped for phase 4. from the way people talk about carsland, phase 3 scares me. but phase four...i can get behind it

doctornick

Do you expect we'll hear about it before the end of the year or will we have to wait until 2016?

Phase 3 sounds like it would probably be completed in the 2019/2020 timeframe, so I think we will might not hear any official details until the 2017 D23. That doesn't mean they couldn't start construction prior to the 2017 D23, but they might want to make a big splash at that conference with a whole bunch of new announcements.

wdwfan4ver

so are both Phase 3 and 4 Pixar stuff?
I don't think its likely to have both phases Pixar, but it is likely to having of them with me thinking its Phase 3. I think Phase 3 is Pixar due to past rumors about Cars recently again, but I could see them having a Monsters Inc. Land or an Incredibles Land in the area of Phase 3. The area of Phase 3 being close to Toy Story land makes it likely going to a Pixar land.

The Phase 4 screams Muppet expansion, or something like Guardians of the Galaxy to me. I saying that do I think Disney is waiting for the tv ratings of future Muppet episodes and it is possible for them also look at Guardians of the Galaxy depending how part does in 2017 due to the loophole.

Wishing Star

I don't think its likely to have both phases Pixar, but it is likely to having of them with me thinking its Phase 3. I think Phase 3 is Pixar due to past rumors about Cars recently again, but I could see them having a Monsters Inc. Land or an Incredibles Land in the area of Phase 3. The area of Phase 3 being close to Toy Story land makes it likely going to a Pixar land.

The Phase 4 screams Muppet expansion, or something like Guardians of the Galaxy to me. I saying that do I think Disney is waiting for the tv ratings of future Muppet episodes and it is possible for them also look at Guardians of the Galaxy depending how part does in 2017 due to the loophole.
I seriously hope no Cars Land for 2 parks that are not too far away from each other to have Cars Land not a fan, already the SW Land seem to be exact clones of each other, that's enough for my liking. I hope like you said for Monsters or Incredibles. Maybe if they go for Incredibles we can have a superhero land if you later add Guardians and BH6.:D

danlb_2000

Premium Member
so are both Phase 3 and 4 Pixar stuff?

Phases 7 and 3 1/3 are Pixar stuff, but phase 7 is going to be accelerated so it starts after phase 1 but before phase 3 but will finished sometime after phase 2 starts but before phase 9 ends. The board is still debating about the content of phase 5 but I hear if one of the 7 ideas for that phase gets approved it may become phase 1 and phase 1 will become phase 6 3/8, but despite the number may start before phase 3.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom