• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

HauntedMansionFLA

That was one of the other things he mentioned was likely not to happen... We are passholders for the first time this year and I was hoping to take advantage of one of those types of special invites.
Hopefully construction will be on schedule unlike TSL where there was paint still drying when people were walking into the queues.

NormC

Premium Member
Advertisement
On the Jungle Cruise you can see the backside of water, WDI should have done better than that. They should have at least made it look like the front if we have to go behind it. Oh wait.......... Nevermind.......... It doesn't matter................. ;)

Mike S

Don't care! :)

Since when is Disney about "fairness"?? ;) It's always been at least somewhat about those-who-know-are-better-off (how to capitalize on FP, etc., etc.). And increasingly who can pay their way out of a line. But "fair" as a standard...?
Why not for something this huge? Give everyone the best chance to see it.

The Pho

I know this appears to be a popular view among some on boards. I would hate it. And I suspect that as much as Disney has set the expectations of locking in 3 FP per day, a good number of people would be pretty peeved.
At World in particular people would get extra mad. Essentially every single ride has fastpass for it, it’s going to be widely expected by the masses. At Land they at least have most without fastpass so it would probably go over better.

dodolitsky

I wonder if Disney would consider opening the park for 24 hours for a while? Or maybe for some sort of up charge guests could stay overnight at DHS just so more people could experience the attraction and spread out the crowds?
They should keep DHS open for 24 hours, but split into two 12-hour "blocks." Each block would require its own ticket, as if it were its own day, and AP holders would not be allowed to visit during both blocks in a single day (unless they purchase a separate ticket for one of the blocks).

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
First come first serve and everyone waiting in the same line. It’s the fairest you can get.
It's also the hardest on ops. People attempting to camp/sleep overnight in the parking lot or showing up too early and traffic backed up on the roads.

Huge, wide crowds blocking security, entrance, walkways. People just wanting to go to DHS without bothering with the lines for SWL will also be frustrated.

Well, poor DL will be the test case.

iowamomof4

They should keep DHS open for 24 hours, but split into two 12-hour "blocks." Each block would require its own ticket, as if it were its own day, and AP holders would not be allowed to visit during both blocks in a single day (unless they purchase a separate ticket for one of the blocks).
They'd have to do something like 8- or 10-hour blocks just to have time to clear one group out and empty the garbage cans before letting the next group in.

PJBuckeye

I know this appears to be a popular view among some on boards. I would hate it. And I suspect that as much as Disney has set the expectations of locking in 3 FP per day, a good number of people would be pretty peeved.
I equally would be upset. I booked a club level room for after Xmas hoping to get a 90 day window. I will cancel the trip if I can't get fast passes.

Mike S

It's also the hardest on ops. People attempting to camp/sleep overnight in the parking lot or showing up too early and traffic backed up on the roads.

Huge, wide crowds blocking security, entrance, walkways. People just wanting to go to DHS without bothering with the lines for SWL will also be frustrated.

Well, poor DL will be the test case.
It’s Star Wars. It’s going to happen regardless.

HauntedMansionFLA

Upcharge Special Events - open 24/7 would put a strain on staff or their wouldn’t be enough staff to avoid burnout / turnover.

Top Bottom