Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mike S

Attraction quantity is great, but the discussion was best themed land. I think Star Wars will likely be that for years to come, and if they add a 3rd attraction in future hard to beat.
Well that seems like it’ll completely depend on what any person likes more, Nintendo or Star Wars. Both lands will be going all in on their respective franchise.

If you’re going to add in a hypothetical third ride you might as well add in future expansions of Zelda and Pokémon for the Nintendo side.

HauntedMansionFLA

Attraction quantity is great, but the discussion was best themed land. I think Star Wars will likely be that for years to come, and if they add a 3rd attraction in future hard to beat.
I’m glad Disney is swinging for the fences. Pandora is a beautiful land and everyone can tell SW:GE will blow it out of the water. I hope they don’t stop there and keep trying to top itself.
Edit: I’m curious if they already bouncing ideas around for expansion.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’m glad Disney is swinging for the fences. Pandora is a beautiful land and everyone can tell SW:GE will blow it out of the water. I hope they don’t stop there and keep trying to top itself.
Edit: I’m curious if they already bouncing ideas around for expansion.
So long as they remember to concentrate on the actual attraction as well as the lipstick.

I’d imagine Avland expansion before SWL expansion. Talking of bouncing stuff around.

Atomicmickey

So long as they remember to concentrate on the actual attraction as well as the lipstick.

I’d imagine Avland expansion before SWL expansion. Talking of bouncing stuff around.

Are you just imagining a Pandora expansion, or have heard something? (Not that I'd expect it to come
soon). Wondering if the old coaster idea would be in play, or something else? Also wondering where
the heck they'd expand into?

I'm well aware that this may not even be a thing. But, hey, you started it! 🤣

tissandtully

I'm really worried about DHS capacity after seeing it the busiest I've ever seen it on Presidents Day. I'm talkin' Muppets Extended Queue all the way to the back, Animation Courtyard shoulder to shoulder, stroller to stroller. A 30 minute wait for Little Mermaid, lines around the corner for ABC Commissary while an entire huge quick service building (Pizzerizzo) was closed all day. It's gonna be really bad for SWGE, there's still not a lot to do in this park to handle the crowds, it's crazy.

MickeyMinnieMom

I think SWGE expansion should come before Pandora expansion -- just feels like they'll need the capacity there more. I can imagine them wanting to capitalize on Cameron's new movies, but if they're hoping for that I hope the timeline of the land won't depend on Cameron in any way!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think SWGE expansion should come before Pandora expansion -- just feels like they'll need the capacity there more. I can imagine them wanting to capitalize on Cameron's new movies, but if they're hoping for that I hope the timeline of the land won't depend on Cameron in any way!
They needed that SWL capacity yesterday.

Mitigating circumstances may help Avland.

bubbles1812

This is a random question I wasn't sure where to ask... Do you think SWGE will be included in the Disney Early and/or After Hours that one can pay a stupid amount for? It may have already been discussed but 820 pages is a lot to sift through. o_O I just booked a trip for my mom's 60th birthday Dec 8-Dec 15 so it will likely only have been open a few weeks to months. If it means getting another crack at SW with potentially less crowds, then I might actually be willing to pay for it. [This will be 10th trip overall so I'm not generally intimidated by December crowds]

jt04

This is a random question I wasn't sure where to ask... Do you think SWGE will be included in the Disney Early and/or After Hours that one can pay a stupid amount for? It may have already been discussed but 820 pages is a lot to sift through. o_O I just booked a trip for my mom's 60th birthday Dec 8-Dec 15 so it will likely only have been open a few weeks to months. If it means getting another crack at SW with potentially less crowds, then I might actually be willing to pay for it. [This will be 10th trip overall so I'm not generally intimidated by December crowds]

Nobody has said so yet. I doubt Disney has decided for now. If they do these tickets will be very difficult to get and probably pricey. At least for the first few months. IMO.

MickeyMinnieMom

IMO they’d be insane not to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom