Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Timothy_Q

They’re aware. I don’t know what or even if the solution will be.
Worth noting that the spires on sticks are being addressed at DLR.

At some point during construction they’ve decided to go back and add more rockwork to hide the sticks, as they originally looked like the DHS ones.

I imagine someone wasn’t happy with how much you could see them from driving around the park

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

At some point during construction they’ve decided to go back and add more rockwork to hide the sticks, as they originally looked like the DHS ones.

I imagine someone wasn’t happy with how much you could see them from driving around the park

Funny, the shuttle on the rooftop was, at one time, only complete on one side... the side you see, and the other side was just looking at girders. But now, both sides are finished. Maybe the same thing?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

Or just embrace the spires on sticks thing and run with it. Something to snack on while you wait multiple, multiple hours to get in to the Land.

348342D3-223C-4D5E-9E64-AAF145B6A89E.jpeg

tissandtully

Any updates on the plans for Star Tours? It’s getting pretty close and I feel like a ton of people are gonna be confused by two separate Star Wars areas. I can’t see them leaving Star Tours as is for long.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Any updates on the plans for Star Tours? It’s getting pretty close and I feel like a ton of people are gonna be confused by two separate Star Wars areas. I can’t see them leaving Star Tours as is for long.

I really doubt there will be any confusion, and they aren't going to want to close it until well after GE opens because they are going to need the attraction capacity.

tissandtully

That is exactly why I think it won't be a problem. People on these boards over think things, the average guest doesn't. There will be nothing for them to get confused about.
As someone who has been asked where Space Mountain is while working the opening of Islands of Adventure and heard stories of CMs being asked where Harry Potter world is at WDW, you don't think there will be confusion with TWO separate Star Wars attractions and people waiting in line thinking they are getting into the new one? I mean, I appreciate your optimism, but, I still think some confusion will happen. But you're right we shouldn't change things for the really dumb ones, maybe just give them helmets to wear around the park.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
As someone who has been asked where Space Mountain is while working the opening of Islands of Adventure and heard stories of CMs being asked where Harry Potter world is at WDW, you don't think there will be confusion with TWO separate Star Wars attractions and people waiting in line thinking they are getting into the new one? I mean, I appreciate your optimism, but, I still think some confusion will happen. But you're right we shouldn't change things for the really dumb ones, maybe just give them helmets to wear around the park.

Yes, there will always be some confusion about anything new, but I don't think it's enough to warrant closing the existing ride.

Timothy_Q

you don't think there will be confusion with TWO separate Star Wars attractions and people waiting in line thinking they are getting into the new one? I mean, I appreciate your optimism, but, I still think some confusion will happen. But you're right we shouldn't change things for the really dumb ones, maybe just give them helmets to wear around the park.
I agree with what you're saying, but don't we already have:

Voyage of The Little Mermaid at DHS
Journey of The Little Mermaid at MK

"The Buzz shooting ride" in Tomorrowland
"The Toy Story shooting ride" in Toy Story Land

Those are way more confusing than having a 3rd Star Wars ride right next to Star Wars Land
In guests' eyes, DHS is now the Star Wars park, so it's pretty straightforward
Galaxy's Edge + Star Tours + Launch Bay + Jedi Training + Galactic Spectacular + March of the First Order

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Great pictures! I know there is space for expansion but what area would be the entrance to the new area? @MisterPenguin Any clue if they are leaving an area open to make it easy to connect the temporary berm to SW:GE?

The berm is the expansion pad from what I've gathered. Black arrows are entrance from TSL. Red arrow is entrance from Grand Ave. Yellow encompasses expansion pad. There's no reason to have an entrance from Pixar Place (blue arrow) or that backstage road, though they could if they want.

1548187571398.png

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

The berm is the expansion pad from what I've gathered. Black arrows are entrance from TSL. Red arrow is entrance from Grand Ave. Yellow encompasses expansion pad. There's no reason to have an entrance from Pixar Place or that backstage road, though they could if they want.

View attachment 343157
An enterance to the expansion pad would be where the blue is located? It looks like the rock work stops to the right of the blue marking?
Just trying to imagine how hard it would an expansion would be without disrupting the visiting guest.
5144A9C4-B1C0-494A-9E7E-52D745908655.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom