Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Can't wait for Disney to have spent years and years to create a seamless, immersive experience only to have a family of 8 with two SUV grade strollers and a hover 'round break the illusion.

Problem solved! Guests will be required to swap out their wheelchair/strollers for one of these bad boys upon entry into the land... ;)

20020d362c3c914746dc187f09f37a34.jpg
atat-stroller.jpg

durangojim

Do you think it'll get that bad? People would basically spend an entire day in a ride queue?

What's Flight of Passage's standby queue record? I think I've seen 4 hours as the absolute max? I can't imagine people being willing to wait any longer than that, even the biggest Star Wars fanatics.
5 hours this past April during spring break, and it's almost a year old!

durangojim

Do you think it'll get that bad? People would basically spend an entire day in a ride queue?

What's Flight of Passage's standby queue record? I think I've seen 4 hours as the absolute max? I can't imagine people being willing to wait any longer than that, even the biggest Star Wars fanatics.
The difference is that Star Wars literally has millions of fans, and a lot of those fans are adult (maybe even the majority). This land is going to play on the nostalgic feelings that us 40 somethings have for Star Wars and will do just about anything to relive some of the fondest memories from our childhood. Also, unlike a child who wants to wait in line for a ride but the parent's don't, in this case it's going to be the parents who are willing to wait in line. The lines will be record setting long.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Put nothing past Star Wars fans.

People camped out for nearly a day just to get a wristband to get into the main hall for the Star Wars 40th panel at the last Star Wars Celebration in Orlando. Those willing to settle for a simulcast only had to get there around 3 AM on the day of.

10 hours in a fully themed Star Wars queue is nothing.

drod1985

The difference is that Star Wars literally has millions of fans, and a lot of those fans are adult (maybe even the majority). This land is going to play on the nostalgic feelings that us 40 somethings have for Star Wars and will do just about anything to relive some of the fondest memories from our childhood. Also, unlike a child who wants to wait in line for a ride but the parent's don't, in this case it's going to be the parents who are willing to wait in line. The lines will be record setting long.

I'm an enormous lifelong Star Wars fan (I run a Star Wars YouTube channel) and a huge WDW fan (obviously, I'm here) but I would absolutely not wait more than 4 hours for a ride. It's not worth wasting the rest of the day in the park, especially when there will be more to explore in GE. It'll have to be FastPass or bust for me, I guess. I just think the GA, and even Star Wars fans, will have a breaking point, a point of diminish returns where the wait isn't deemed worthy of the ride.

People camped out for nearly a day just to get a wristband to get into the main hall for the Star Wars 40th panel at the last Star Wars Celebration in Orlando. Those willing to settle for a simulcast only had to get there around 3 AM on the day of.

I almost camped out for that one, but that was a different scenario - major Celebration panels are basically one time events that bring in 70,000 Star Wars fans at once. GE will be around for a long, long time, there will be plenty of opportunity to ride the rides there.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I almost camped out for that one, but that was a different scenario - major Celebration panels are basically one time events that bring in 70,000 Star Wars fans at once. GE will be around for a long, long time, there will be plenty of opportunity to ride the rides there.
But there will only be one opportunity to be there at the grand opening. ;)

durangojim

This thread makes me think back to when I was a kid and waited in line, in the sun, (uphill both ways), at Disneyland for almost four hours for Star Tours either in the summer of 88 or 89 (I can’t remember). If I was willing to wait that long back then for one ride with minimal theming, there’s going to be a bunch who will wait twice that long just to be immersed in the land.

durangojim

I'm an enormous lifelong Star Wars fan (I run a Star Wars YouTube channel) and a huge WDW fan (obviously, I'm here) but I would absolutely not wait more than 4 hours for a ride. It's not worth wasting the rest of the day in the park, especially when there will be more to explore in GE. It'll have to be FastPass or bust for me, I guess. I just think the GA, and even Star Wars fans, will have a breaking point, a point of diminish returns where the wait isn't deemed worthy of the ride.

What YouTube channel?

Movielover

Put nothing past Star Wars fans.

You are so right, I did this twice that weekend, no pain no gain!

17798970_10211213310240550_6900413343605784030_n.jpg

Goofyernmost

Would Disney play it smart, move the grand opening to mid January 2020 and use the month of December as an upcharge sneak preview of the land at $500 per person during the holidays?
By that time SWL in Disneyland, which is almost exactly identical, would be open. If I were going to pay extra to see it, I would go to California for just about the same extra and see it there. I don't see anything to be gained by attempting to do that.

HauntedMansionFLA

By that time SWL in Disneyland, which is almost exactly identical, would be open. If I were going to pay extra to see it, I would go to California for just about the same extra and see it there. I don't see anything to be gained by attempting to do that.
And fight the crowds. I wouldn’t pay extra either but I can see Disney attempting it. They upcharge for fireworks ten feet over from where I can view them for free and I see the area packed. The thing they would gain is a months worth of top dollar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom