Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

ctrlaltdel

Star Wars, being sci-fi and futuristic, kind of has to have its attractions based on screens. I don't really see how anything else can do it justice. A slow dark ride through a space battle? Thats just not going to work.

I haven't been on any Potter attractions. However, I think that Spiderman is a crappy attraction because the ride itself isn't thrilling or entertaining, not because it uses screens. I feel the same way about Dinosaur, which is actually much the style ride as Spiderman but without the screens. Its not about the tech, its about the experience.
I don't know if it's a popular opinion on this board, but I really like Dinosaur. It scared the hell out of me when I was a little kid though.

Kamikaze

I don't know if it's a popular opinion on this board, but I really like Dinosaur. It scared the hell out of me when I was a little kid though.

I don't know if it is or not, but I think its awful. Shaking back and forth doesn't do anything for me.
I also do not enjoy Test Track.
I'm a roller coaster enthusiast. I've been on literally hundreds of them. And they don't have to be 'mega' coasters to be enjoyable. I love Manta and Kraken at SeaWorld, and they aren't exactly groundbreaking. But Test Track and especially Dinosaur do nothing for me. Just plain lame.

twebber55

Star Wars, being sci-fi and futuristic, kind of has to have its attractions based on screens. I don't really see how anything else can do it justice. A slow dark ride through a space battle? Thats just not going to work.

I haven't been on any Potter attractions. However, I think that Spiderman is a crappy attraction because the ride itself isn't thrilling or entertaining, not because it uses screens. I feel the same way about Dinosaur, which is actually much the same style ride as Spiderman but without the screens. Its not about the tech, its about the experience.
you may be in the minority on this in terms of Spiderman

BigThunderMatt

If you ride Indiana Jones at Disneyland which is the exact same ride and see what a ride with that system and a proper budget is capable of, you quickly see why Dinosaur is severely lacking and has been from the beginning.

ctrlaltdel

If you ride Indiana Jones at Disneyland which is the exact same ride and see what a ride with that system and a proper budget is capable of, you quickly see why Dinosaur is severely lacking and has been from the beginning.
Didn't realize it was the exact same ride but, yeah, Indy is probably my favorite at DL, certainly a lot better than Dinosaur.

Bairstow

Mustafar. I still don't understand why Obi-Wan would let his friend burn and writhe in pain instead of simply ending his life by pushing him into the lava. Kind of a **** move, to be honest.

Missed opportunity in the writing.
Natalie Portman should have made Obi-Wan swear he wouldn't kill Vader in exchange for telling him where to find her husband.

Lee

Adventurer
have we established yet if Star Tours will be one of the two attractions just re-themed or if Star Tours goes or If Star Tours stays and there will be 3 attractions in this land?
Star Tours is not one of the two attractions, as far as I can tell.

Edit: To clarify. I don't mean ST is leaving. I don't know its fate. But there will be two new rides. One a dark ride.

TalkingHead

You should have ridden Universal Studios Hollywood tram tour in the 80s then, lots of Cylon AAs and blaster battles with you in the middle.

For your viewing pleasure....

*1023*

Saw it on my first trip to USH. I was about to say the rumored SW battle ride reminds me of the Battlestar Galatica tram tour scene. (Too bad they didn't keep that around to update with an Edward James Olmos animatronic.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom