Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Ignohippo

I really missed this whole discussion, but I don't know why no one said anything... the concept art is likely for Disneyland. I would not go overlaying it to DHS the same way we are doing Toy Story, it's just not representative.

Nope. Sorry. The art is for DHS.

lazyboy97o

I'll give you Ollivander's in Hosmeade, Horizont Alley, and Carkitt Market. But they brought the stories as we know them to life. They didn't go, "We are going to build one WWoHP and can't decide on Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley so we'll just invent a totally new place, but it will be OK because we'll shove in both The Leaky Cauldron and The 3 Broomsticks, Hogwarts, and Gringott's."
The Stars Wars stories are not set amongst a few locations. Each film has introduced new places, thus my earlier comment regarding The Empire Strikes Back. Harry Pottery is rather focused on London and Hogwarts. Star Wars, and just the films, show Tatooine, Alderaan, Yavin IV, the first Death Star, the second Death Star, Star Destroyers (city sized ships), Super Star Destroyers, the Cloud City of Bespin, Naboo, Hoth, Dagobah, the Forest Moon of Endor, Coruscant, Geonosis, Kamino, Kashyyyk, Mustafa and (if he isn't pulling another Khan) Jakku. How many of those places have three memorable location you can name, much less a dozen or so to make something like the Wizarding World?

Lee

Adventurer
Ok, I'll leave this argument and start another. Star Tours is screen based. Falcon will most likely be screen based. And if the battle ride is like Rat or even MM it will have a fair amount of screens and projections. Is this going to be a problem for you guys? You guys seem to HATE screens.
I don't think an overuse of screens is going to be a problem in that battle ride.
Just sayin'...

bakntime

Ok, I'll leave this argument and start another. Star Tours is screen based. Falcon will most likely be screen based. And if the battle ride is like Rat or even MM it will have a fair amount of screens and projections. Is this going to be a problem for you guys? You guys seem to HATE screens.
"You guys"? Seriously? Who's "you guys"? Who are you lumping together here? Disney fans? Disney World fans? WDW Magic posters? Anyone who doesn't agree with you?

LuckyOswald

The Stars Wars stories are not set amongst a few locations. Each film has introduced new places, thus my earlier comment regarding The Empire Strikes Back. Harry Pottery is rather focused on London and Hogwarts. Star Wars, and just the films, show Tatooine, Alderaan, Yavin IV, the first Death Star, the second Death Star, Star Destroyers (city sized ships), Super Star Destroyers, the Cloud City of Bespin, Naboo, Hoth, Dagobah, the Forest Moon of Endor, Coruscant, Geonosis, Kamino, Kashyyyk, Mustafa and (if he isn't pulling another Khan) Jakku. How many of those places have three memorable location you can name, much less a dozen or so to make something like the Wizarding World?
I agree with this. Using a fresh planet gives the Imagineers more room to work with. Star Wars planets, at least in the movies, have not been as fully realized as, say, Pandora. Coruscant, while a very important planet, is really just defined by being a big city. We don't see much of note besides the Jedi Temple. Mos Eisley would be awesome, but what else could you use to keep in theme? A moisture farm?

roj2323

I got bored so I took a crack at the 14acre plot of land. In all options I included Star tours as TDO probably did.
20505568160_0e7f09c9ef_o.png

20506835859_c5f750df7e_b.jpg
20070991134_0dd2b6139a_o.png

20505564508_cc01f30c58_o.png

Unfortunately I think the 3rd or 4th ideas are the more likely as they stay within the perimeter road. Additionally there could be plans to push beyond the current limits of the park which could result in Indy staying but the rumors on it's demise especially in light of the deaths and serious injuries over the last few years put the writing on the wall in my opinion.

DisneyRoy

I got bored so I took a crack at the 14acre plot of land. In all options I included Star tours as TDO probably did.
20505568160_0e7f09c9ef_o.png

20506835859_c5f750df7e_b.jpg
20070991134_0dd2b6139a_o.png

20505564508_cc01f30c58_o.png

Unfortunately I think the 3rd or 4th ideas are the more likely as they stay within the perimeter road. Additionally there could be plans to push beyond the current limits of the park which could result in Indy staying but the rumors on it's demise especially in light of the deaths and serious injuries over the last few years put the writing on the wall in my opinion.

Nice work. I prefer #4 option myself. Keeps Echo Lake intact. I find it to be a quaint area. And it levels the back half of the park I never bother to visit.

roj2323

Nice work. I prefer #4 option myself. Keeps Echo Lake intact. I find it to be a quaint area. And it levels the back half of the park I never bother to visit.
I agree. It will be sad to loose SOA but it will be replaced with something far more fun and I think the Osborne lights will live on in some way somewhere on property. I personally think the lights will move to Disney springs. As for the rest, I think the Muppets area will get a retheme / reskin,

dgp602

As for 2, if you close the park it also becomes a case of "out of site out of mind". At lest with it open people will see work going on and it will get them interested to return in the future. Remember that average guest doesn't follow these sorts of projects like we do. Closing it would also make it hard to convince people to continue spending the same amount of time at WDW as they did when there were four parks. Doesn't matter that the park is half day.
Good point. Thank you!!!

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Just seeing this might just be enough. If it stays true to the concept art this is going to be massive. It's almost unimaginable that they are putting something this big and tall in.

twebber55

Just seeing this might just be enough. If it stays true to the concept art this is going to be massive. It's almost unimaginable that they are putting something this big and tall in.
yes, incredibly massive, tall...universal really built up/vertical with DA and it seems disney is doing this x 2 with Pandora and Star Wars and no this isn't a Disney vs universal thing this is a theme park design is changing thing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom