Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

keneka

I love the model of the new star wars land they are currently showing at D23, however I can't see the two AT-AT's they have already build at DHS - does anyone know if the model is for California or Florida?

Cesar R M

1) It's a land, not a park. So it would be inappropriate for it to trump either Sleeping Beauty Castle / Matterhorn or the Chinese Theatre.

2) The buildings were designed to keep enough of a low profile to not be seen from DL's river.

3) How can the mountains look huge if you have a tall building next to them?

4) The tallest peak (the one by the Falcon) IS actually as tall as the Matterhorn (if insiders are correct).
at DHS, the extra rockwork could help the theme for the hotel too.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

If it's like Pandora it'll be made from great big ideas yet be tiny on delivery. I want to be excited, but I'm going to expect the worst. Just make sure there's a water ride with an animatronic, and $50 shoulder droids. Also, that crowd isn't remotely to scale. Needs another 100,000 people packed in there.

becca_

I said I'd come back and update so here we are... @bclane
Ok so I watched IV, V, and VI. I REALLY like the movies, like a lot. I thought for 70s/80s films they were actually really well done.

Although, they are SO confusing to me!! Does this change after watching I, II, III? I feel like they never say the name of what things are. I had to look up what so much was (some I already knew from this thread). Another thought, DV is uglllllly with his helmet off. Luke/Leia was a cool twist - didn't see coming. I also now get the "I love you" "I know" reference so I feel in the loop.

I'll watch I and maybe II tomorrow. Thanks for being semi-interested in my personal SW journey :p

bclane

I said I'd come back and update so here we are... @bclane
Ok so I watched IV, V, and VI. I REALLY like the movies, like a lot. I thought for 70s/80s films they were actually really well done.

Although, they are SO confusing to me!! Does this change after watching I, II, III? I feel like they never say the name of what things are. I had to look up what so much was (some I already knew from this thread). Another thought, DV is uglllllly with his helmet off. Luke/Leia was a cool twist - didn't see coming. I also now get the "I love you" "I know" reference so I feel in the loop.

I'll watch I and maybe II tomorrow. Thanks for being semi-interested in my personal SW journey :p
Wow, your fast! Glad you liked them and thanks for the update! :happy:. I love hearing what people think when they first see Star Wars. Yes, they did age very well compared to a lot of movies from that era, but I can tell you they were off the chart amazing when they first came out. No one had seen anything like that back in they day and they literally changed movies (and arguably a lot more than that) forever. If you have specific questions feel free to ask away. We're going on a cruise tomorrow but I'm sure someone will answer if I can't. But yah, episodes I-III will probably answer some of your questions too. Episodes IV-VII and Rogue One are much better movies than I-III but they all have some wonderful moments and I love them all. You'll definitely enjoy the new Star Wars land a lot more having seen the movies when it's complete. Anyway, thanks again for the update! May the Force be with you! :joyfull:

becca_

Wow, your fast! Glad you liked them and thanks for the update! :happy:. I love hearing what people think when they first see Star Wars. Yes, they did age very well compared to a lot of movies from that era, but I can tell you they were off the chart amazing when they first came out. No one had seen anything like that back in they day and they literally changed movies (and arguably a lot more than that) forever. If you have specific questions feel free to ask away. We're going on a cruise tomorrow but I'm sure someone will answer if I can't. But yah, episodes I-III will probably answer some of your questions too. Episodes IV-VII and Rogue One are much better movies than I-III but they all have some wonderful moments and I love them all. You'll definitely enjoy the new Star Wars land a lot more having seen the movies when it's complete. Anyway, thanks again for the update! May the Force be with you! :joyfull:
Have a great time on your cruise! I just didn't see like a direct story line in V, but I was like 3/4 of the way paying attention so maybe that's why... haha. I do know someone who wants to watch them for the first time, so maybe I'll just join in & rewatch with them!

Is Luke's hand cut off? I thought it was but then it wasn't? Is that why he was wearing a glove in VI?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom