Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

No Name

Imagineering isn't a one-person job. There is not a thing for which you can put full blame in Chris Beatty, or anyone for that matter.

But overall, I'm actually quite happy with New Fantasyland. With the budget they had, I think they spent it well. Some of the forced perspective is very bad. And the entrance to Be Our Guest looks like a major ride entrance, that was a poor mistake (and continues to cause confusion). But I like good, unique queues.

I have no concerns with him being involved with Star Wars Land. In fact, I think he'll be a valuable member of the team.

hpyhnt 1000

All will stop. But it shouldn't take 40 seconds.

Given the implication of a shorter time, I'm guessing separate load/unload areas? Makes sense as watching 6 strangers exit the same cockpit you're about to enter would rather spoil the illusion of the experience.

But if that's the case, then it stands to reason that the last part of the queue area and first section of the exit area will need to be virtually identical. Because if it's correct that the final portion of the queue will be themed to look like you are walking through the MF, than it stands that you would need to walk back through the ship again when exiting the ride. It really wouldn't work to have all that buildup to get on the ride only to have it end by stepping into a hallway area with a sign denoting "EXIT ->" (at least not if you're going for full immersion).

Just a potential logistical detail I find interesting.

SirLink

In many ways yes, but there are other forces at play. Many thing are still out of his control.

Most creative people who are leaders on projects in other industry would just quit the company if he wanted to do some more lavish something more - he is a company man, a man who cares little for his medium and more about riding the gravy train.

SirLink

Do you know him personally?

Didn't think so

And you do? Didn't think so. Creatives who don't get to have full control of the project and accept the company of cuts. He would be more effective in resigning to send a message. The creatives that I've known in especially in games industry wouldn't put up with that kinda stuff, known game directors to quit for less.

peter11435

And you do? Didn't think so. Creatives who don't get to have full control of the project and accept the company of cuts. He would be more effective in resigning to send a message. The creatives that I've known in especially in games industry wouldn't put up with that kinda stuff, known game directors to quit for less.
Not exactly, but I have had a few conversations with him. But that's irrelevant because I'm not the one judging his passion for his medium.

He's given a budget and menu for what the project will consist of. That's how most of these projects play out. People critize NFL for lack of attractions and too much food/merchandise. He doesn't get to decide that.

Resigning wouldn't accomplish much. They would place someone else in charge and then he wouldn't have a medium to care about. There's nowhere he can go and lead several hundred million dollar themed entertainment projects with no restrictions.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not exactly, but I have had a few conversations with him. But that's irrelevant because I'm not the one judging his passion for his medium.

He's given a budget and menu for what the project will consist of. That's how most of these projects play out. People critize NFL for lack of attractions and too much food/merchandise. He doesn't get to decide that.

Resigning wouldn't accomplish much. They would place someone else in charge and then he wouldn't have a medium to care about. There's nowhere he can go and lead several hundred million dollar themed entertainment projects with no restrictions.

I agree, but at least he could have hidden a flaw in the land which would alow for its easy destruction. ;)

andre85

Man, I guess I'm the only one who quite likes NFL's theming INCLUDING Beast's Castle. I actually prefer it to what's been shown of the Tokyo version; there's something magical and enchanting about seeing the castle from a distance; like it lends depth to the area (even if the scale isn't perfect.) Plus I just love the rockwork

Last edited:

SirLink

TBH they could criticize the importance of food over attractions, plenty do. Hence my comment of the gravy train hes not a creative person he is just a project manager if he quit he could be a project developer for some resort in the world, or some hipster mall. Get paid more and not in the public eye - a better position.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom