Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

DinoInstitute

I never read movie reviews. Everyone has their own opinion and what they like and dislike. I also like to avoid spoilers, but overall, the movie has been well received it seems. I just prefer to form my own opinion and not have anyone's review in my head.
Often I even just avoid trailers as I think watching the movie is more fun knowing absolutely nothing of the plot :p

spacemt354

Chili's
I never read movie reviews. Everyone has their own opinion and what they like and dislike. I also like to avoid spoilers, but overall, the movie has been well received it seems. I just prefer to form my own opinion and not have anyone's review in my head.
Same here.. I'm also not that big of a movie goer. I may see a handful a year. $10-17 dollars a movie nowadays...it better be something I'm interested in. :p

I'm hyped for this movie...mostly because I want to see a Star Wars film with an emphasis on war...which hopefully this movie can deliver.

Kman101

Same here.. I'm also not that big of a movie goer. I may see a handful a year. $10-17 dollars a movie nowadays...it better be something I'm interested in. :p

I'm hyped for this movie...mostly because I want to see a Star Wars film with an emphasis on war...which hopefully this movie can deliver.

I actually can't recall the last time I was in the movie theater (ducks and hides) and I love movies. I just wait for them and watch at home. I didn't even rush to see Force Awakens. I won't be rushing to see this either. I don't need to pay an ungodly amount for something I can own a few months later or see on demand not that long afterwards. I will say I feel more hyped for this one than Force Awakens and I thought I was pretty hyped for that one. I won't pay $10-$20 that much for even Star Wars. I guess if I was dragged by friends but no one seems interested in going to the movies. As I get older I just enjoy staying home more I guess, LOL

Goofyernmost

I actually can't recall the last time I was in the movie theater (ducks and hides) and I love movies. I just wait for them and watch at home. I didn't even rush to see Force Awakens. I won't be rushing to see this either. I don't need to pay an ungodly amount for something I can own a few months later or see on demand not that long afterwards. I will say I feel more hyped for this one than Force Awakens and I thought I was pretty hyped for that one. I won't pay $10-$20 that much for even Star Wars. I guess if I was dragged by friends but no one seems interested in going to the movies. As I get older I just enjoy staying home more I guess, LOL
Believe it or not, TFA is the only Star Wars movie I have ever seen and I went to see that in 3D. I knew enough after seeing many sections of the original SW movies to know the just of the story. I want to see how they incorporated the old original stars in the new one. I think that they did a really good and believable job and was happy, with one possible exception, with how it turned out. I had seen Trailers for Rogue One's just about a month or so ago, and frankly nothing struck me as worth spending the big bucks to see.

flyerjab

They have definitely started building, but they are also still cleaning up from the demolition.

I saw a photo on OTPN this morning that looked like there was vertical construction of some kind in the SWL location.

DSC03860.JPG

Now I am not that great a knowing what used to be there and may still be standing, or if something new is going up. I just thought that this looked like something is being constructed in a vertical direction.

Rteetz

I saw a photo on OTPN this morning that looked like there was vertical construction of some kind in the SWL location.

View attachment 179664

Now I am not that great a knowing what used to be there and may still be standing, or if something new is going up. I just thought that this looked like something is being constructed in a vertical direction.
I believe what you are seeing there is supports like these for underground construction.

IMG_0586.JPG

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I must have missed the memo on this. So will this be part of the transition into SWL? If not, what purpose will they serve?

There will be an expanded Muppets Courtyard area that will be part of the path to Star Wars Land.

Took the words out of my mouth ;)

Whilst the courtyard will be self contained behind a new wall, this facade will act as a backdrop and will hide the rear of Sci Fi Dine In and associated buildings.

britain

It will be interesting to see if this park can really make the transition from "studio" to "You are THERE" environments when there will be transition elements that are still kinda studio.

britain

It will be interesting to see if this park can really make the transition from "studio" to "You are THERE" environments when there will be transition elements that are still kinda studio.

I mean, I guess that's a "big city" wall, but will it have a store or restaurant inside it? I'm worried it will feel like a facade.

Meanwhile, I'm happier everyday with the sculpted boulders and waterfalls of DL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom