Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Earl Sweatpants

The only thing that seems inaccurate to me is saying DL is ahead on construction. DL is building out the railroad and Fantasmic ASAP but the SWL is still rather early. And that may be due to differences in design only. It has not gone vertical and it will be easier to discern if there is a timeline difference once it does. IMO.
While yes, 90% of the DL construction thus far has been on ROA and Fantasmic Storage, they have done a significant job on the lower level of the Battle Escape attraction. Of course, its all been underground, so you might not technically be able to call that "going vertical".

jt04

While yes, 90% of the DL construction thus far has been on ROA and Fantasmic Storage, they have done a significant job on the lower level of the Battle Escape attraction. Of course, its all been underground, so you might not technically be able to call that "going vertical".

And as I mentioned earlier, the Florida version might not need to be partly underground if at all. So that technically could mean the projects are at the same place.

jt04

But if Florida is not going underground, then they have to build more above ground instead in which case DL is still ahead.

Toy Story Land is already going vertical which means all the necessary construction equipment is in place so that puts Florida in the lead. Plus Florida does not have a railroad to reconfigure and work around.

Earl Sweatpants

Toy Story Land is already going vertical which means all the necessary construction equipment is in place so that puts Florida in the lead. Plus Florida does not have a railroad to reconfigure and work around.
...I really don't think anyone is looking at it like a race...they'll both be finished when they're finished. If its at similar times, great. If not, that's also fine.

That being said, I personally don't believe a simultaneous opening was ever part of their plans.

jt04

...I really don't think anyone is looking at it like a race...they'll both be finished when they're finished. If its at similar times, great. If not, that's also fine.

That being said, I personally don't believe a simultaneous opening was ever part of their plans.

It should be. It is what Eisner would do.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Yes, Florida is in the lead if you ignore the photographic evidence that it is not. Construction equipment in place for TSL is irrelevant since they would need additional equipment for SWL, not to mention the fact that CA also has all their construction equipment in place. There is no question that DL is ahead, the only thing up for debate is whether they stay ahead or not.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well, well. Finally confirmed as rumor what I have been increasingly speculative of. The 'site that must not be screamed' has confirmed as an official rumor that both SWL' s may open at the same time.

I have suspected this as this could easily be a global promotion. With new events and attractions at every park to coincide. Also, it would help DL from becoming overwhelmed with demand as it would be split with WDW.
As it stands, it's wrong.

The Empress Lilly

I think @marni1971 was making allusions to my previous statements about the boat ride in another thread. You are correct in the acronym I used and what it was for. I was merely stating that visually and in other ways, "Avatarland" was just the beginning of the new and improved attractions in the "Florida Project". The only thing I don't think will be wunderbar is TSL.... but that kettle of fish had too many hands involved after it was cooked.

*1023*
I really do think WDW is building a TSL that everybody knows will be underwhelming. A waste of space, not up to par.

And with everybody I don't mean us fans, or the general public, but the company.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
The only thing I don't think will be wunderbar is TSL
TSL is a strange animal. It's what should have been built along with TSMM. Had that happened, we'd have looked at the little coaster and the flat ride as nice companions that turned a headliner attraction into a fully fleshed out land. Because it's being done separately, we evaluate these additions harder.

WDSP did the opposite -- it built the heavily-themed but light on attraction-quality land without the headliner (no TSMM).

We're finally getting what should have been done at first, so that TSL will be a complete land, like Carsland at DCA -- it'll have a headliner attraction, a couple of smaller attractions, good theming (I assume) and shops and restaurants (I assume). It'll just take a decade to arrive instead of arriving at all once like it should have.

Princess Leia

We're finally getting what should have been done at first, so that TSL will be a complete land, like Carsland at DCA -- it'll have a headliner attraction, a couple of smaller attractions, good theming (I assume) and shops and restaurants (I assume). It'll just take a decade to arrive instead of arriving at all once like it should have.
Is TSL getting restaurants? I can't remember if they are or aren't.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Is TSL getting restaurants? I can't remember if they are or aren't.

In the concept are there appears to be a counter service restaurant with outside seating.

Capture.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom