Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

JediMasterMatt

Everything is a roller coaster if you try hard enough in the theme park industry. See virtually every description of any "thrill" ride attraction in the last several decades. Of course Six Flags recent purchase of chain wide Larsen Loops doesn't help matters either.

The Falcon is as much a coaster as Alcatraz is to a flume.

The building would be hard pressed to hold a coaster anyway considering it's designed to hold 4 turntables.

Rob562

No. The rotation is very slow, designed to be imperceptible, and more a capacity device than G force inducing.

Hmmm... So something along the lines of that patent filed a year or two ago with the ride vehicles on turntables, moving in and out from the center, possibly rising up to a second level to increase capacity and ride time? All this time we'd been thinking of it as a retrofitted CoP, not a SW ride...

-Rob

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hmmm... So something along the lines of that patent filed a year or two ago with the ride vehicles on turntables, moving in and out from the center, possibly rising up to a second level to increase capacity and ride time? All this time we'd been thinking of it as a retrofitted CoP, not a SW ride...

-Rob
No, the CoP analogy is a very good description.

britain

So Jedi Master Matt says 4 turntables...
Martin says 8 rooms or cockpits per turntable...
That's 32 cockpits total. Rumored riders per hour is what again?

Let's calculate how many parsecs this ride will last. :)

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Wouldn't BotFO be Battle of the First Order, in SWL, not the boat ride?

I think @marni1971 was making allusions to my previous statements about the boat ride in another thread. You are correct in the acronym I used and what it was for. I was merely stating that visually and in other ways, "Avatarland" was just the beginning of the new and improved attractions in the "Florida Project". The only thing I don't think will be wunderbar is TSL.... but that kettle of fish had too many hands involved after it was cooked.

*1023*

Stripes

I think @marni1971 was making allusions to my previous statements about the boat ride in another thread. You are correct in the acronym I used and what it was for. I was merely stating that visually and in other ways, "Avatarland" was just the beginning of the new and improved attractions in the "Florida Project". The only thing I don't think will be wunderbar is TSL.... but that kettle of fish had too many hands involved after it was cooked.

*1023*
If you have any idea, how much $ do you believe will be spent on new additions to WDW (outside of the hotels) from 2016 to 2026, optimistically and pessimistically speaking? And, realistically, do you think it will be enough to meet demand(capacity-wise)? If you can't say, or don't know, it's absolutely no problem :).

jt04

Well, well. Finally confirmed as rumor what I have been increasingly speculative of. The 'site that must not be screamed' has confirmed as an official rumor that both SWL' s may open at the same time.

I have suspected this as this could easily be a global promotion. With new events and attractions at every park to coincide. Also, it would help DL from becoming overwhelmed with demand as it would be split with WDW.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Well, well. Finally confirmed as rumor what I have been increasingly speculative of. The 'site that must not be screamed' has confirmed as an official rumor that both SWL' s may open at the same time.

I have suspected this as this could easily be a global promotion. With new events and attractions at every park to coincide. Also, it would help DL from becoming overwhelmed with demand as it would be split with WDW.

Where exactly did they say that, I haven't been able to find it? Even if they did, that site has been loosing a lot of credibility recently for writing "news" headlines that were just speculation one of which they had to retract because there was concrete evidence to the contrary.

This all assumes we are talking about the same site.

DinoInstitute

Where exactly did they say that, I haven't been able to find it? Even if they did, that site has been loosing a lot of credibility recently for writing "news" headlines that were just speculation one of which they had to retract because there was concrete evidence to the contrary.

This all assumes we are talking about the same site.
Based on how he said "screamed" he could be talking about screamscape, which has even less credibility.

EDIT- Looking in that site they do say something kind of like what he said. Doesn't make it right of course.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Based on how he said "screamed" he could be talking about screamscape, which has even less credibility.

EDIT- Looking in that site they do say something kind of like what he said. Doesn't make it right of course.

Yes, it's Screamscape, not the site which cannot be named. Yeah, I am not going to read to much in to that statement.

" I can't wait for it to open... whenever that will be... because apparently no one knows when it will open because there is no set date... only that Disney wants to finish it all as soon as possible. The goal is to be able to open both the California and Florida versions at the same time, but it also seems fairly clear that Florida is fairly behind schedule by comparison to where Disneyland is at right now. So we'll just have to wait and see... a lot can change over the next couple of years."

jt04

Yes, it's Screamscape, not the site which cannot be named. Yeah, I am not going to read to much in to that statement.

" I can't wait for it to open... whenever that will be... because apparently no one knows when it will open because there is no set date... only that Disney wants to finish it all as soon as possible. The goal is to be able to open both the California and Florida versions at the same time, but it also seems fairly clear that Florida is fairly behind schedule by comparison to where Disneyland is at right now. So we'll just have to wait and see... a lot can change over the next couple of years."

The only thing that seems inaccurate to me is saying DL is ahead on construction. DL is building out the railroad and Fantasmic ASAP but the SWL is still rather early. And that may be due to differences in design only. It has not gone vertical and it will be easier to discern if there is a timeline difference once it does. IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom