Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

UpAllNight

Why retheme a simulator that's over 2 decades old when companies are creating truly groundbreaking attractions, like Dynamic Attractions, etc.

The likes of Six Flags are exploring dark rides and new tech such as virtual reality...the gap is closing and Disney aren't innovating like they once did at the rate they did. I'm sure Avatar will change this, but we need more Disney.

MKeeler

So, 1 IP for both Land and World Star Tours reskins, and the ip is not a good fit for Tomorrowland...

See, if they weren't so determined to force it into destroying Sunset Blvd in DHS and relegate all of Marvel to the expansion pad in DCA, Guardians of the Galaxy would work quiet well here. Space tour now with pop soundtrack.

Pigs in Space would make a lot of sense in DHS, but be a terrible choice for Tomorrowland (though you could easily see why the suits would view it as an okay fit).

Otherwise, I'm guessing Pixar - Wall-E or Incredibles, maybe even Inside Out in a Cranium Command kind of way.

Very interested to see how this continues to develop. Although, given my lack of trust in Disney management at the moment to see beyond dollar signs, I'm fully expecting Zootopia.

180º

I thought Disneyland was getting HK's Iron Man Experience to replace its Star Tours. Not sure how that would work in Florida.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I thought Disneyland was getting HK's Iron Man Experience to replace its Star Tours. Not sure how that would work in Florida.

It's an idea that a lot of people have thrown around, but I don't know that there has ever been any confirmation that it's being considered.

rioriz

I have been told the plan is to retheme Star Tours in both DHS and DL to the same IP. But they wouldn't say what IP. But they weren't thrilled about it being in Tomorrowland.

I feel like "Phase 3" will be more like the retheme of Star Tours, an Indy replacement, RnR retheme, BatB replacement, new F!, and maybe one new PIXAR attraction.

I will put my money on Big Hero 6

Rockdrsmith

As I have followed the discussion on this board I notice a trend of increasing speculation and complaints about "Disney's" decision making regarding this expansion. To my knowledge this is baseless and only being fueled by the interpretations of a couple of artist renderings andvthe decision to decorate a blank construction wall. To that point, take the site plan into consideration that was released in Oct. 2015 attatched here. I find it curious that not a single interpretation on this board is considering the revised park extents specifically rerouting the current entry to accommodate the expansion of the SOA and area south of Star Tours/Muppet area. All the drawings and area calculations are being done on the existing park layout. Seems like flawed reasoning in my opinion.
If you look at the site plan, it looks to me that there is plenty of room to connect the new Srar Wars area to Star Tours either directly to the south or via a walkway around the sout of the Muppets area. It also wouldn't surprise me to see it totally revamped to incorporate new ride technology and free up space for additional Muppets/Indy theming in its place.

Thats it for my first post.

Attachments

• Disneys-Hollywood-Studios_Full_25747.jpg
    Disneys-Hollywood-Studios_Full_25747.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 183

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom