Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Donaldfan1934

The great part about these boards is you can read what other people write and choose what you want to believe.

If you scroll back through the lengthy threads at the time, weather closing was only one of the potential issues. Based on info from people who know a lot more about construction than I do, one of the most expensive parts of building RSR was building the elaborate rock work and mountains. In FL it would potentially cost even more because they would need to be built to withstand hurricane force winds and the ground in FL is less stable so the footings would need to be more substantial. In order to save money and avoid these issues one of the plans on the table was an indoor only version of RSR or RSR lite.
I didn't say it wasn't an issue I was just saying that I don't think that alone would kill Radiator Springs Racers in Florida judging by Test Track still being in operation as is. But what you said here makes sense. The rock work in Florida seems like a likely financial issue. Maybe we'll end up get the rumored indoor version at some point.

HauntedMansionFLA

I didn't say it wasn't an issue I was just saying that I don't think that alone would kill Radiator Springs Racers in Florida judging by Test Track still being in operation as is. But what you said here makes sense. The rock work in Florida seems like a likely financial issue. Maybe we'll end up get the rumored indoor version at some point.
Now back to Star Wars Land!

HauntedMansionFLA

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Looks like SWL might end up in these areas

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom