Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

UNCgolf

Yeah..... both lands are pretty sad in how much open space exists. For such a small park lacking in attractions already it’s a shame to use the space that way. That’s what prompted my look at the map in the first place. It almost looks like the tram tour and canyon was intentionally designed to stay? Maybe?

I don't mean to defend Galaxy's Edge because I think it has far too much wasted space and doesn't work as well as it should overall, but at least it's landscaped (to an extent) and has shops, dining, props, etc. mostly throughout.

Toy Story Land has two rides (I'm not counting TSMM since it was preexisting) -- neither of which are impressive or anywhere near the top of the list of best attractions at WDW; SDD is fine but it's a nondescript family coaster you could ride any number of places just with a unique ride vehicle -- and a QS place that doesn't even have much seating, plus some random props scattered about incoherently. And eventually a TS restaurant, maybe, if they ever decide what to do with it and finish building it.

It's one of the worst things Disney has ever built IMO. The amount of land wasted on Slinky alone is absurd. There are so many ways they could have used that land more efficiently and had Slinky plus a couple of smaller attractions, or some shops or another restaurant.

TrainsOfDisney

I don't mean to defend Galaxy's Edge because I think it has far too much wasted space and doesn't work as well as it should overall, but at least it's landscaped (to an extent) and has shops, dining, props, etc. mostly throughout.

Toy Story Land has two rides (I'm not counting TSMM since it was preexisting) -- neither of which are impressive or anywhere near the top of the list of best attractions at WDW; SDD is fine but it's a nondescript family coaster you could ride any number of places just with a unique ride vehicle -- and a QS place that doesn't even have much seating, plus some random props scattered about incoherently. And eventually a TS restaurant, maybe, if they ever decide what to do with it and finish building it.

It's one of the worst things Disney has ever built IMO. The amount of land wasted on Slinky alone is absurd. There are so many ways they could have used that land more efficiently and had Slinky plus a couple of smaller attractions, or some shops or another restaurant.
Eh... at least in Toy Story Land the fact that all the props are static and plastic looking can be a bit on theme?

I agree though. They needed Al’s Toy Barn AND pizza planet, and a 3rd ride (carousel perhaps?) and a meet and greet area, and a small theatre for a show (roundup marionette AA show?).

Centauri Space Station

Atleast it’s a decent thrill with an impressive animatronic in wheezy at the end. A true waste of space was Primeval whirl or Barnstormer.

UNCgolf

Atleast it’s a decent thrill with an impressive animatronic in wheezy at the end. A true waste of space was Primeval whirl or Barnstormer.

I didn't mean to imply that Slinky itself is a waste of space. I don't think it's anything special and I wouldn't wait more than 15-20 minutes to ride it, but it's an okay attraction. It's just the way they designed the footprint. They could have built it along with several other things on that plot of land instead of using all that space for just the one ride.

TikibirdLand

Your wasted space are our family's treasured memories. Barnstormer is loved as baby's first coaster. They loved it and still remember it over 15 years later.I personally loved the theme of the Dinorama area's travelling carnival theme, including the cracked pavement and parking lot strips of the area. The details of Primeval Whirl are an absolute hoot. Sorry that it doesn't have the immersiveness of TSL's Slinky Dog Dash. But, we loved it.

Brer Oswald

Eh... at least in Toy Story Land the fact that all the props are static and plastic looking can be a bit on theme?

I agree though. They needed Al’s Toy Barn AND pizza planet, and a 3rd ride (carousel perhaps?) and a meet and greet area, and a small theatre for a show (roundup marionette AA show?).
The land needs a solid C ticket dark ride. The Toy Story rides, for how ridiculously many there’s been, have all been incredibly underwhelming.

ppete1975

worst part of tsl is the 2 rides they built have height restrictions, they should have built something the little ones could ride. Since that is part of its demographic

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
worst part of tsl is the 2 rides they built have height restrictions, they should have built something the little ones could ride. Since that is part of its demographic
Well, next door they have room to add: Anakin's Jedi Training for Younglings. Sponsored by Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine.

(People have been wanting characters they know!!)

Brer Oswald

That exhibit was already evicted from its home on Main Street where it belongs. It’s in an old soundstage right now... time is ticking. Lol.
I give it awhile. The Studios probably isn’t going to get a major update for awhile. If they can replace it with something meaningful then so be it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom