Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

trainplane3

That's exactly what I want to hear. They have the perfect land to push their IP as new content comes out. It's a no brainer to adapt it into the various forms of media Star Wars is in. Preferably, none of this "wait 3 years after a new movie" to add something (characters, droids, a new ship?) but instead have something new ready to go as the movie leaves theaters.

The Grand Inquisitor

Nope! Sorry, since WDI in their infinite wisdom locked Star Wars land to VERY specific time and place, he can’t enter (or he’d have to be in a wheelchair gumming his Tip Yip through his helmet) because, um, immersion or something.

Good news though, he can still walk around Tomorrowland at his current age with Boba Fett and Darth Vader taking pictures with guests!!!

Genius, WDI, genius.

Favreau has said that The Mandalorianis set five years after the fall of the Empire in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983) and 25 years before the rise of the First Order, the authoritarian regime that is firmly in control of the galaxy when Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015) begins.
I'm guessing the mandalorian is 20-30 during the show so he would be 50-55. He wouldn't be too old to have a walk around character :)

Communicora

Premium Member
I do agree with most of this. Even though I really like the land it’s disappointing that they chose not to rollout more of the character and interactive stuff right away. The Kylo choking show, Vi, Chewie, Rey and the Storm troopers are all good but some random droids and aliens walking around would go along way. They don’t even really have to do much. Just every day Batuu life. Having Hondo out there on the bridge overlooking the Falcon would be awesome. That costume is too good just to use once.

Yes, and they need to just drop their timeline obsession and have the land be inclusive of all of the Star Wars characters. The only people who would be upset are the ones who have decided the land is already irredeemable.

Disney Analyst

Oh, geez. I wish they'd stop talking like that, it just makes them sound desperate. Or worse, like sock puppets controlled by 25 year old interns writing talking points for the Marketing team.

Sure. I enjoy a sundown stroll through Cars Land as the neon turns on as much as anyone. Most of the World Showcase pavilions have no rides, but all are fun to poke around in for a bit. But when execs make public statements like this it just comes off sounding smarmy and like canned corporate-speak.

Like when Bob Chapek tried to say, with a straight face, that Star Wars Land had "the most characters of any land we've ever built, because every Cast Member has a story and is a character on Batuu!"

Very few people buy that kind of crap. Most people beyond the 8th grade have a good BS meter for this kind of talk.

Now that the full panel is out, the full context of what Chris was saying about the 3rd attraction being the land makes way more sense, and I 100% agree now and will fight anyone about it.

57:25 is when he talks about it:

Mike S

Star Wars throwback day? Have Darth Vader come out of the ship and choke a few people. A Greedo and Han re-enactment. Jawas running around.
Jawas could’ve even been in the land as is. They invented their own planet so they can have whatever species they want on it. Unless there’s some obscure book Disney put out where they become extinct before the sequels.

tribbleorlfl

Star Wars throwback day? Have Darth Vader come out of the ship and choke a few people. A Greedo and Han re-enactment. Jawas running around.
Actually, that's a great idea! Have Batuu residents reenact classic SW moments like our Civil War reenactments. Costumes would be "close", but make it clear they're handmade/repurposed like the toys in the shop and that they're Batuuan weekend warriors portraying the characters and not the characters themselves.

Mike S

Actually, that's a great idea! Have Batuu residents reenact classic SW moments like our Civil War reenactments. Costumes would be "close", but make it clear they're handmade/repurposed like the toys in the shop and that they're Batuuan weekend warriors portraying the characters and not the characters themselves.
Seems a bit campy and self referential to me. Kind of like the dolls sold in the shops.

RobWDW1971

How anybody can defend the abandoned movie set that is Batuu after watching just the first episode of The Mandalorian is truly beyond me. Watching an actual "Star Wars" setting with wandering aliens, droids, bounty hunters, etc. just really (and painfully) drives home what an embarrassing, pathetic joke Batuu really is.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
How anybody can defend the abandoned movie set that is Batuu after watching just the first episode of The Mandalorian is truly beyond me. Watching an actual "Star Wars" setting with wandering aliens, droids, bounty hunters, etc. just really (and painfully) drives home what an embarrassing, pathetic joke Batuu really is.

Still beating that same drum, eh? lol

RobWDW1971

Still beating that same drum, eh? lol

Every new day brings another fresh realization of what a horrible missed opportunity Batuu is. Even worse when Disney creates something like Mandalorian proving they still fully understand what Star Wars is, yet still decided to miss the mark so completely in the parks.

When you see an actual “living and breathing” Star Wars land, it just reinforces what a complete joke Batuu is. Bright Suns indeed.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Same reason we don't freak out when we don't see actual pixies flying about Fantasyland.

Did you think CMs were going to sit for three hours worth of applied prosthetics like the actors in the movies?

Get over it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom