Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MonkeyHead

what? Disney caters to a very different audience than Universal. Their costume rules stem from both the fact they have more young kids than Universal and a much bigger percentage of their brand is meeting costumed characters than Universal. Given this, they are more protective with their overall brand identity, which includes restrictions to prevent costumed people from either deliberately or accidentally being confused with someone working for the Company.

More protective of brand identity? You mean like taped down Batuu hopscotch?

TrojanUSC

They made it even better for kids - they just skipped having the characters out, but the kids can go into Dok Anders and be told all of their heroes are dead. Want to buy a Yoda death mask, Billie?

Don't worry! Hopscotch and Phil Holmes' favorite bubble machines (he's known for cutting streetmosphere and replacing it with CMs using/selling lots of bubble machines) will cheer them up!

RobWDW1971

Don't worry! Hopscotch and Phil Holmes' favorite bubble machines (he's known for cutting streetmosphere and replacing it with CMs using/selling lots of bubble machines) will cheer them up!

I only wish they were using this genius concept in other lands - hey kids, come to the Fantasyland Cemetery and see Malificent, Gaston, Mufasa, and the Old Witch's gravestones!

Last edited:

DCLcruiser

We went to check out GE on Sept 17th and overall, it was great. Very immersive, characters walking around, food was AMAZING, and MF:SR was fun (although we only rode it once as Engineers, and decided to wait for our next trip to try other roles). We were at WDW for just the day to see Star Wars and DHS, then left to beat rush hour traffic to see family (our actual reason for being in FL).

At first I wanted to seriously yell at the Gunners who weren't doing anything, but they caught on.

I didn't like Green Milk, but enjoyed Blue. My wife, liked the Green...weird.

We got to see Rey, Chewie, R2D2 (animatronic), Kylo, Stormtroopers and the new girl with blue hair, all walking around.

Last pic is a peek at RotR!

We were very happy with the experience and the craftsmanship of the land. Thumbs up!

IMG_3838.JPG
IMG_1788.JPG
IMG_0164.JPG
IMG_9368.JPG
IMG_0655.JPG
IMG_1069.JPG
IMG_2946.JPG
IMG_7748.JPG
IMG_5633.JPG
IMG_1673.JPG

Last edited:

RobWDW1971

We went to check out GE on Sept 17th and overall, it was great. Very immersive, characters walking around, food was AMAZING, and MF:SR was fun (although we only rode it once as Engineers, and decided to wait for our next trip to try other roles). We were at WDW for just the day to see Star Wars and DHS, then left to beat rush hour traffic to see family (our actual reason for being in FL).

At first I wanted to seriously yell at the Gunners who weren't doing anything, but they caught on.

We got to see Rey, Chewie, R2D2 (animatronic), Kylo, Stormtroopers and the new girl with blue hair, all walking around.

We were very happy with the experience and the craftsmanship of the land. Thumbs up!

View attachment 415469View attachment 415470View attachment 415471View attachment 415472View attachment 415473View attachment 415474View attachment 415475View attachment 415476View attachment 415477View attachment 415478

For a minute when I read this I thought they had actually added a R2D2 droid roaming the land!

But nope, it's still a remote control merch item for sale being operated by the merch cast member in the back of a store. :(

Oh well, back to our incredibly low standards for WDI and a billion dollar project....

DCLcruiser

For a minute when I read this I thought they had actually added a R2D2 droid roaming the land!

But nope, it's still a remote control merch item for sale being operated by the merch cast member in the back of a store. :(

Oh well, back to our incredibly low standards for WDI and a billion dollar project....
It was really big and did a lot. No one realized it was for sale.

Tom Morrow

Went to Batuu for the third time today. The land gets more beautiful every time I visit. I've always visited in late afternoon, early evening. If you watch it around this time on a sunny day, the sunset casts beautiful tones and dramatic shadows all over the land.

Each time feels a bit more lively, a bit more ambiance and sound and action and roaming characters, as if they are slowly being amped up to what they should be at. Crowds were moderate to low, but they were for the rest of Studios also. Everyone I saw seemed to be smiling and loving it or at least enjoying it. Every Cast Member I interacted with was on top of their theming game. The only time I've ever seen anything close to this level is when Hogsmeade and Diagon opened, but unfortunately the service at both of those has significantly deteriorated and the Potter TM's are just as apathetic as the rest of UOR. I'm not saying this won't eventually happen in Batuu, but for now, it's great.

The endless crybaby fest on here from the same handful of posters is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen from any fan community.

matt9112

Dude is so obviously being paid by someone. Registered shortly before SWGE opened, 90% of his posts are about how much SWGE "sucks".

Maybe so. But im not being paid and i thought it was subpar sooo. It doesn't feel alive like diagon ally does to me. It looks great especially at night but the milk is no butter beer and smugglers run is so boring. Im still amazed how many people loved it like they have never played an x box game. Im not defending the constant bashing just that i firnly believe its justified.

Incomudro

View attachment 415469View attachment 415470View attachment 415471View attachment 415472View attachment 415473View attachment 415474View attachment 415475View attachment 415476View attachment 415477View attachment 415478

I like that they are using characters that are working on the ships.
This is the kind of thing I expected them to do, it helps to make the land look and feel more like a living place - rather than a walkthrough with props.
Hopefully they not only keep this up, but add to it.
Some characters from other worlds, simply roaming by on their way would help.
Amp it up with some character actors bartering in the market, or in Savi's causing a ruckus on Oga's etc.

matt9112

I like that they are using characters that are working on the ships.
This is the kind of thing I expected them to do, it helps to make the land look and feel more like a living place - rather than a walkthrough with props.
Hopefully they not only keep this up, but add to it.
Some characters from other worlds, simply roaming by on their way would help.
Amp it up with some character actors bartering in the market, or in Savi's causing a ruckus on Oga's etc.

Have the started the kylo "show" yet ? I havent seen it. I think it would add something but im not holding my breath for more actor budget. Would be nice though.

RobWDW1971

Dude is so obviously being paid by someone. Registered shortly before SWGE opened, 90% of his posts are about how much SWGE "sucks".

Actually 92.5% of my posts are about how SWGE sucks and is a dull, depressing creative mess. But can someone tell me who's supposed to be paying me as I haven't seen any checks yet and I'd like to donate my pay to the "Fund a Roaming Alien In Batuu Charity Fund".

You have to love it - the land opens to a resounding "meh", is an attendance driving disaster, and if you point out the glaringly obvious you must be getting paid!!!

Wow. Talk about pathetic, indeed.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom