Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

RobWDW1971

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Also - opinions are not fact, so people aren't wrong for having one different than yours.

Actually, apparently the logic here is "if your opinion is different than mine you must be getting paid". Ever the clever insight and witty argument.

As my signature line says, everything I post is IMHO as is nearly everything said on any discussion board on any site on the internet so I have never understood why people insist on writing that.

If somebody writes "Pirates of the Caribbean is the best ride ever!!!"

Some frustrated fourth grade hall monitor will reply with "Hey, man, that's just your, like, opinion".

Really?!?! Thank you, Captain Obvious!

Anyway, back to the subject at hand that Batuu is a depressing abandoned movie set....

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

Actually, apparently the logic here is "if your opinion is different than mine you must be getting paid". Ever the clever insight and witty argument.

As my signature line says, everything I post is IMHO as is nearly everything said on any discussion board on any site on the internet so I have never understood why people insist on writing that.

Some frustrated fourth grade hall monitor will reply with "Hey, man, that's just your, like, opinion".

I insisted on writing it because you seem set on insulting virtually everyone who comments.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Geez...you have gone on for weeks now (maybe up to months?) about your issues with SWGE in multiple threads...going over the same handful of points. Maybe some of those points have merit, that is fine. But, after weeks and weeks of hearing the same tune from you, over and over, and pretty much nothing else....we get it. We know your feelings. Whether people agree or disgree...we get what you're saying. You don't have to keep saying the same thing for additional weeks.

Texas84

We went to check out GE on Sept 17th and overall, it was great. Very immersive, characters walking around, food was AMAZING, and MF:SR was fun (although we only rode it once as Engineers, and decided to wait for our next trip to try other roles). We were at WDW for just the day to see Star Wars and DHS, then left to beat rush hour traffic to see family (our actual reason for being in FL).

At first I wanted to seriously yell at the Gunners who weren't doing anything, but they caught on.
Yelling at your crew is part of the fun. :)

RobWDW1971

Geez...you have gone on for weeks now (maybe up to months?) about your issues with SWGE in multiple threads...going over the same handful of points. Maybe some of those points have merit, that is fine. But, after weeks and weeks of hearing the same tune from you, over and over, and pretty much nothing else....we get it. We know your feelings. Whether people agree or disgree...we get what you're saying. You don't have to keep saying the same thing for additional weeks.

I should introduce you to a guy who REALLY wants a ramp. ;)

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Maybe so. But im not being paid and i thought it was subpar sooo. It doesn't feel alive like diagon ally does to me. It looks great especially at night but the milk is no butter beer and smugglers run is so boring. Im still amazed how many people loved it like they have never played an x box game. Im not defending the constant bashing just that i firnly believe its justified.

Okay.

Kate F

Could it be a case of:
6ED978D4-DFD1-433D-89E2-30FD75AB3FED.jpeg

RobWDW1971

Not at all, I actually truly enjoy the limited and tepid attempts to defend it.

When you ask them if they actually like the fact there are no wandering aliens, Jedi, droids, bounty hunters, characters from all eras, iconic music, action, stunt shows, light saber fights, professional entertainers vs awkward store clerk improv, etc. you get endlessly entertaining variations of:

"Well yeah it sucks now, but someday it will be great!"

"Well yeah what they built kind of sucks, but what they WERE going to build was going to be great!"

"Yes, I agree all of those things should be there (which are fundamental to the land), but even though they are NOT there it's great!"

Don't see many people saying "it's GREAT that there are no wandering aliens, Jedi, droids, bounty hunters, characters from all eras, iconic music, action, stunt shows, light saber fights, professional entertainers vs awkward store clerk improv, etc etc.!!!"

Truly entertaining rationalization and deflection...I only wish there were more of it.

Last edited:

999th Happy Haunt

Actually 92.5% of my posts are about how SWGE sucks and is a dull, depressing creative mess. But can someone tell me who's supposed to be paying me as I haven't seen any checks yet and I'd like to donate my pay to the "Fund a Roaming Alien In Batuu Charity Fund".

You have to love it - the land opens to a resounding "meh", is an attendance driving disaster, and if you point out the glaringly obvious you must be getting paid!!!

Wow. Talk about pathetic, indeed.

Tom Morrow

When you ask them if they actually like the fact there are no wandering aliens, Jedi, droids, bounty hunters, characters from all eras, iconic music, action, stunt shows, light saber fights, professional entertainers vs awkward store clerk improv, etc. you get endlessly entertaining variations of:

"Well yeah what they built kind of sucks, but what they WERE going to build was going to be great!"

"Yes, I agree all of those things should be there (which are fundamental to the land), but even though they are NOT there it's great!"

Don't see many people saying "it's GREAT that there are no wandering aliens, Jedi, droids, bounty hunters, characters from all eras, iconic music, action, stunt shows, light saber fights, professional entertainers vs awkward store clerk improv, etc etc.!!!"

Truly entertaining rationalization and deflection...I only wish there were more of it.

durangojim

For me and my family it was great and it would be even better if there were more things there. We all had a ton of fun and my only complaint was that we didn't care for the blue milk. I personally am not rationalizing anything. We enjoyed it enough that we're flying back in January to do Rise of the Resistance.

I'm not trying to convince you that you should like it, but there are people out there who genuinely enjoy the land and experiences.

WDW Guru

Wrong. Nobody likes the fact that there are no wandering characters. I think we can all agree about that. If you had a problem about it being based on the sequels, you've had 4 years to get over it and accept the fact that Darth Vader will not be wandering the land. Just because things may be missing doesn't mean that we can't judge the land for what is there, and in many of our opinions, what is there is great. It will only get better in the future with the opening of RotR and any other entertainment they decide to revive from the budget cuts.

hpyhnt 1000

Oh yay, yet another picture of the storm troopers in the hangar. Considering this has been billed as one of the longest and most immersive attractions Disney has created, you'd think they could find another spot to take an official promo picture. How about an interior section of the queue? Pre-show room? Shuttle transport? Star destroyer load area? Escape pod? I'd even settle for a picture of some props or of a scenic vignette. We've gotten teases of some of these things in videos so why not use one for a picture? Literally anything but the hangar storm troopers at this point.

Maybe it's deliberate and they're keeping things close to the vest, but I can't be alone in thinking, "Yeah, the hangar and storm troopers are great, but is there nothing else you can show us?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom